Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
First SessKag fic ever read and searching...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: First SessKag fic ever read and searching...
Vonne
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
First SessKag fic ever read and searching... 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 6
I've been a Dokuga lurker for far too long now and I swore the first forum I would 'officially' post on wouldn't be the "Searching for a Fic..." but this has gotten me far too frustrated. Two weeks and no results has sadly driven me to my limit >w<''

The plot itself was the thing that got me into SessKag in the first place and it basically goes something like this...

Sess finds out he'll be more powerful by mating 'Gome (which, in this case, means soul-binding) because apparently shes his true mate or something. It was some sort of call to his instincts to take her at first and either Myoga or Kaede said something about wondering why it was 'this time' that 'Gome's soul called out to him. It's later learned (or theorized) that maybe this-era Sess isn't at his right time to mate her (though maybe future-era Sess is) and is probably doing it for all the wrong reasons. Meanwhile Kaggerz is inside a cave far away from her friends and she's kept inside by Sess' barrier. The bond requires them to be in close contact and have some type of mutual 'trust' and 'understanding' to finish the soulbinding. It is hinted somewhere along the story that Sess' true goal (at the beginning) was to become close to omnipotent because youkai who bond with their soul mates receive a massive power boost. His instincts are fighting this all along the story until he finally admits to himself that he just wants Kagome to be his mate and no harm to come to her. While this is happening Kagome breaks Sess' barrier once by unconsciously drawing on Sess' youki (because of the bonding that's going on)and passes out from exhaustion of trying to escape w/o eating properly. Sess finds her promptly afterwards and brings her back inside the cave (or another cave) and after she wakes up scolds her in his own way for her actions. He lets her see Shippou once before they head off somewhere and that's all I can remember so far.

This story was first read on FF.net, but we all know how scattered it is there. I doubt it's on Dokuga, but who knows. It might be on Spark, too. To my memory, it's incomplete merely because I don't remember the ending, but the author might've updated. I'm not sure. It was also sort-of angsty.

There was one more particular scene that brought me close to tears and I'm not exactly sure where it fits in with the events above. Kagome, somehow, managed to escape the cave and head down the mountain to find her friends. I'm not sure if she goes back through the well or not, but as of that moment, no one knows where she is. Sess comes back and is outraged by his missing to-be mate, since the soul binding is somehow almost complete, and lets his baser instincts take over. He goes on a rampage, searching for Kagome. Myoga comes down to the inutaichi minus Kaggerz and explains what was going on. He then says something about 'if you want Lord Sesshoumaru to destroy more than half of Japan because you're too stubborn to find/give back Kagome, be my guest, but I certainly don't want that happening'. The inutaichi then go and frantically search for Kagome, I think Myoga finds her or something, and tells her whats going on. She meets up with inuyasha & co (I THINK.) and goes to calm down Sess. Thats where my memory cuts off.

I really, really, really want to re-read this story again because it was so wonderful, and since it's not on any favorite list I've scoured over on FF.net (mainly reviewers, super-writers, and some fellow SessKag fans) I'll infer that a lot of people don't know about this story and/or it has been removed. Nevertheless, it was an excellent read and should be shared with the entire SessKag fandom (if it hasn't been already).

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kula
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:First SessKag fic ever read and searching... 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 22
I remember this story and ran across it not to long ago, I'll have a look and see if I can't find a name for you.

Logged Logged
Vonne
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:First SessKag fic ever read and searching... 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 6
Thanks so much! I'd really appreciate that ^_^

Side note: I'm beginning to get a bit confused now. Recently I just remembered a fanfic titled Enchanted Orbs (second SessKag fanfic) and I Think maybe I screwed up a scene in my description with there... I'm not sure. Maybe I'll check back on that at a later time.

Logged Logged
Discontent Winter
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:First SessKag fic ever read and searching... 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 23
Two stories come to mind...

My Only by LC Rose:
www.fanfiction.net/s/4518599/1/My_Only
Rated T
Sesshoumaru knew the scent was coming from her, but why? Sess/Kag *COMPLETE and REVISED since 4/2010*

and

Ensnared by MorningBird:
inu.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=17233
MA
To possess the most beautiful and powerful woman, extreme measures must be taken. He will use every means possible to bind her to him--in every possible way.

Not sure if either of these is what your looking for though because there's elements from your post that one may have and the other doesn't and vice versa.

G'luck!

Logged Logged

signature courtesy of r0o!
Kula
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:First SessKag fic ever read and searching... 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 22
"My Only" is the fic that I was thinking of.

Logged Logged
Vonne
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:First SessKag fic ever read and searching... 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 6
Thank you Kula and Discontent Winter! I'm prettysure My Only is the one I'm looking for. Strange, because I would've sworn I read all of LC Rose's stories... Weird. -shrug- Oh well! Off to re-read! Karma, when I figure out how.

Logged Logged
BlueHeavensAngel
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:First SessKag fic ever read and searching... 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
I'm glad you could find the story you were looking for. It sounds really interesting. I'll have to check it out now.

You can give karma by clicking the green thumbs up button on the right side of a person's post. ^_^

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.