Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Dog Statues
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Dog Statues 14 Years ago Karma: 78
I read this story on ff.net. The first couple chapters were posted a long time ago, then there was an update within the last year. Kagome has been returned to the modern era. Somehow, out in the countryside, she comes upon two huge dog statues. I think one of them was crumbling. I believe the statues were on a site where some kind of development was underway. The statues were moved to the Sunset Shrine. Then... I'm not sure what happened. She went out at night and was picking at the crumbling statue? Anyway, this was a really well-written story, with beautiful descriptions. Very poignant with Kagome's feelings upon being stranded in the modern world without her friends, and no mission in life. Does anyone remember the title or author of this fic? There is a chance it has been further updated and I missed it, since I've been kind of avoiding ff.net because of viruses lately...

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Dog Statues 14 Years ago Karma: 26
I'm pretty sure I have the first chapter of that story lying in my room (I had printed it out quite a few years ago) but stupid me forgot to write the title and author of the story, so I have no idea who it belongs to. I've tried typing sentences from the story into google's search engine (that usually works), but nothing came up.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/04/19 10:06 By Honey-Bee.
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Dog Statues 14 Years ago Karma: 28
I remember this one! I think I hold whoever wrote it in high esteem, so that cuts down the pool some. Lemme do a quick search.

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
OMG! I just found it! I guess I wasn't typing in the right sentences. Here it is:

Waking the Dead by Tally Mark.

Logged Logged
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Dog Statues 14 Years ago Karma: 28
Oh, that makes so much sense! Thanks Honey. I would have spent the next 10 minutes or so looking for it. P:

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
lol. Don't mention it. I've held onto the first chapter of that story for 3-4 years with no idea who it belonged to. The sad thing is, I've looked at all of Tally Mark's other works and that one story managed to escape my notice every time. XD

Well, better late than never... *Bookmarks story* XD

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Dog Statues 14 Years ago Karma: 78
thanks, guys! Tally Mark is a great writer! No wonder the story stuck in my mind...

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.