Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession
redoxide
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
I've noticed a trend in AU or modern day canon stories. Sesshoumaru is almost inevitably a successful business man and while I agree that this profession definitely fits his personality type (or perhaps his perceived personality type?) - aggressive, in control, wealthy, sophisticated, organised and good at strategic plannng, I'd like to read some more stories where Sesshoumaru has a more unusual profession. I've read one or two but the the only one that immediately springs to mind is "Not Soon Forgotten" (based on the film "An Affair to Remember") by iloveprettysilverhair where Sesshoumaru is an artist. There was another I recently read which was part of a one-shot series-I found it through a thread on this forum but can't for the life of me remember what it was called-Sesshoumaru was blind and taught other blind students.

So, if you know of any other stories where Sesshoumaru has an unusual job, even better if said job is an integral part of the story, please leave the title and author's name plus a link if possible.

Thanks! I'm interested to see what turns up

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/12 11:23 By redoxide. Reason: corrected story title
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Aimee Blue
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 22
I know one! Pick me, pick me!
Coffee Shop Girl by inufairy-akay he's an author in that one
Enjoy, i liked it!

Logged Logged

Aimee Blue
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 22
Remembered another one!
It's MA so if you're underage don't read, but it's really good, you might already have read it Wait a Minute Mister Postman! by Texanlady.

Logged Logged

Ezriee
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 10
Omg! there was one story...the story title is making me draw a blank, but Sesshoumaru was a pizza man. He truly was a business man but did the pizza delivery for a change of pace. Theres also on where he's a stripper...I put the name of it in one of my previously posted looking for fic thingies, but I don't have time to pull it up. grandma is here, gotta go, lol

Logged Logged
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 47
There's one called Depravity by emmaren, where Ssesshoumaru is a garbage man. It's rated MA, and it lives up to the rating, so consider yourself warned.

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1564/1

Another is Persistence by gradualwisd0m, where Sesshoumaru is in the modern era, working as a tattoo artist. Also rated MA.

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/137/1

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
redoxide
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
Thanks, guys! I'll definitely check these out. If you think of any more please let me know

Logged Logged
Bleuborzoi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
I'm with you, Redoxide, I would like to read about Sesshoumaru involved in some "alternative" careers. While successful business man seems to fit, I think perhaps writer's need to branch outside of that cliche a bit.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 156
Ezriee wrote:
Omg! there was one story...the story title is making me draw a blank, but Sesshoumaru was a pizza man. He truly was a business man but did the pizza delivery for a change of pace. Theres also on where he's a stripper...I put the name of it in one of my previously posted looking for fic thingies, but I don't have time to pull it up. grandma is here, gotta go, lol

I think that one might be one of mine. ^^; Faded Memories, Sess is the usual successful businessman, but because paperwork bores him, he does many other things on the side - such as painting, pizza delivery - even stripping. He also became an one-hit-wonder idol. During these odd jobs he disguises himself with a sealing spell, but unfortunately for him, Kagome always seems to be able to see through the spells. Though, that is my debut fic, so don't judge it too hard.

Self-promoting clashes much against my nature (it's a cultural trait, really. ), but I've also written two other AU fics, one where Sess is an army trainer, and one where he's Kagome's assistant.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/11 13:45 By Chie. Reason: corrected the link
redoxide
Pup
graphgraph
Hey, they sound great! I'll definitely look them up. I like the idea that Sesshoumaru tries odd jobs out of boredom. I'm eager to see one-hit-wonder Sess

Thanks!

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 31
dokuga.com/spark/story/4460/1

You spin me right round

This one Sesshy is a stripper. I'm afraid it is unfinished though.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
redoxide
Pup
graphgraph
I'll put it on my "to-read" list. Thanks!

Karma to everyone who has recommended a story!

Logged Logged
Ezriee
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 10
Chie wrote:
Ezriee wrote:

I think that one might be one of mine. ^^; Faded Memories, Sess is the usual successful businessman, but because paperwork bores him, he does many other things on the side - such as painting, pizza delivery - even stripping. He also became an one-hit-wonder idol. During these odd jobs he disguises himself with a sealing spell, but unfortunately for him, Kagome always seems to be able to see through the spells. Though, that is my debut fic, so don't judge it too hard.

Self-promoting clashes much against my nature (it's a cultural trait, really. ), but I've also written two other AU fics, one where Sess is an army trainer, and one where he's Kagome's assistant.

Oh yeah!! I hadn't read faded memories in a LONG time!! I gotta add that to my list of stories to re-read.

The dancer one I was thinking of is called A Dance to remember by blue moon vixen. inu.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=600093505

In that one, Kagome is several months pregnant and gets dragged to a strip club where Sessh is working...I REALLY hope that she continues the story one day...-le sigh-

Logged Logged
Tally Mark
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 18
I recommend The Weight of Memories by Minerva-one, where Sesshoumaru is a writer. www.fanfiction.net/s/4704980/1/The_Weight_of_Memories

Also, I don't have the link on hand, but Midnight Meets Moonlight by Mujitsu is great, and in it Sess owns a museum.

Logged Logged
redoxide
Pup
graphgraph
Wow, I'm being flooded with ne reading material! Thanks!

I totally forgot about Midnight Meets Moonlight! *facepalm* I don't know how since I think of it as a classic in this pairing.

It looks like there are more stories with alternative professions for Sesshoumaru than I first thought.

Logged Logged
MissTeak
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Themed request - Sesshoumaru's profession 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 18
OMG redoxide dear you gave me a PERFECT plot bunny!! I am one of those who totally subscribe to the image of Sesshoumaru as a scheming, powerful business man. But I've come up with something which I think might suit him...A CHEF!!! I'll transform him into a fiery hot sushi chef!! woohoooo!!! Give me some time to write it; I am sure I'll come up with something!

Logged Logged
redoxide
Pup
graphgraph
Yay, I've inspired someone! Can't wait to read about chef!Sesshoumaru.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.