Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 15
...and that is that Sesshomaru and Kagome do NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT fall in love with each other. Now that sounds kind of weird, but let me clarify:

I'm not searching for a specific fanfic, but I'm trying to find SessKag stories where Kagome winds up/ends up with/in Sesshomaru's care yet there is no initiate attraction . Preferably, (and I admit this with guilt) a fic that kind of involves some Sesshomaru sort of blackmailing/forcing (passively, of course) Kagome to stay with him for whatever reason, EXCEPT 1) however impressive her miko powers are, 2) her outward attractiveness and 3) he wants her as a mate. They could fall slowly in love later (but it has to be a gradual realization, otherwise the story will be butchered).

In-character Sesshomaru and Kagome preferred, so if anyone can suggest (put a link) a fic that sticks remotely to what I'm looking for then please help me. I'm tired of reading fics where they fall in love with eachother in the first five chapters and fics with cliches and horrible grammar.

Examples include:

Gathering Rain --- Ijin
The Difference Between Martyrs and Murderers --- vampyrosa
The Price of Vengeance --- Fate
Nowhere --- Noacat

All of the fics above can be found at fanfiction.net and A Single Spark.

Logged Logged

I would like some critical feedback on my pseudo-fic, Catch and Keep
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
www.fanfiction.net/s/2039312/1/Midsummers_Eve

In this fic Sesshomaru forces Kagome to stay with him due to some mistakes they commited....Don't wanna give too much away--but it's good!!

Logged Logged
wawa
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
I do not know if you want to read this or not because it has qualities that some people might not like. Here is the description and link...

Proserpina
Kagome is picking flowers when Death comes to carry her away. Sesshomaru thinks he will use her to trade for theTetsusaiga, but in the end realizes he'd rather just use her, period. COMPLETE. Angst, Bond, N/C.

http://inu.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=600093087

Please take note that this story is rated adult!!

Logged Logged

If the zombies chase us, I’m tripping you
LuxKen27
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
I'm not sure if this meets your criteria or not, but I'm writing a little drabble series in the canon setting where Kagome is forced to seek out Sesshoumaru's protection after Inuyasha's death, because she can't go back to her own world.

The link is here: dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1499/1 if you'd like to check it out. Here's the summary: Strictly-come-canon, post-manga, nonlinear. Kagome is forced to seek out Sesshoumaru's protection in the wake of unexpected tragedy. As she insinuates herself into his life, Sesshoumaru comes to realize her second chance is also his, as her presence drives him to confront mistakes from his own past. [These pieces are expanded from drabbles written for the LJ community, contained under the same names in my *Moonstones* collection.]

*hopes its okay to self-pimp in the search forum *

Logged Logged
LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 39
wawa wrote:
I do not know if you want to read this or not because it has qualities that some people might not like. Here is the description and link...

Proserpina
Kagome is picking flowers when Death comes to carry her away. Sesshomaru thinks he will use her to trade for theTetsusaiga, but in the end realizes he'd rather just use her, period. COMPLETE. Angst, Bond, N/C.

http://inu.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=600093087

Please take note that this story is rated adult!!

I just read that one recently, wawa, and it was a very good read. AND fits what you are looking for perfectly.

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
I remember one, but the name eludes me for now. The story line was something like this:

Kagome was captured by Sesshomaru, locked up in a small "prison" cell. Where he must perform a spell (I think) every day for a month to retrieve something. No romanearce that I can remember. There was a part where Kagome started drawing forest scenes on the walls to pass time and set her mind at ease.

It has been a couple of years since I read this one, I will post when I remember its name.

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Tally Mark
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 18
I think it's Moonstruck. And the sequel oneshot is Landfall.

Logged Logged
LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 39
tallymark wrote:
I think it's Moonstruck. And the sequel oneshot is Landfall.

You would be correct and that was another good read.

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Thank you for that Tallymark and LC Rose. You both are correct! I appreciate it! I didn't know there was a sequel.

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

trinity3000
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I wrote this fic:

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/924/1

They are forced together because of some things that happen due to Naraku's wish on the jewel. They are not in love. It's not done, so I'm not going to say if they end up in love, but I am working on chapter 15 and there is no love yet (some hooking up, but no love).

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I always love the chance to get a new reader, so if you get a chance, please read and tell me what you think.

Logged Logged
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 33
That Prosperina fic was really good, and I did not know that an adultfanfic sight existed. Thanks for introducing me to it. Lovies!

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 15
I just finished 'Moonstruck' and 'Landfall', and they were indeed very well written. I enjoyed its descriptive on the tentative bond between Sesshomaru and Kagome. The only thing I found lacking was (ironically) the romance. There were occasional, rare moments here and there, but nothing...solid. I understand it's hard to write SessKag romance without breaking the OOC barrier, but it's been done before with mastery of skill.

And Prosperina was amazing

Any more suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Ps- I forgot to mention that the genre I'm looking for doesn't have to be 'angst/drama' simply because of my critic...what I'm looking for is a fic that has those two stuck together (without love or even a romantic glance at first).

I also wish to find more fics like this one:

Keeping the Moon --- Sandalwood (ff.net)

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone when I say Sesshomaru and Kagome having a half-sarcastic/half-amusing banter is fun to read. Got to love U.S.T.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/02/24 20:48 By AmEva.

wawa
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
I have two more from the same author....not sure if you have read them or not, but here are the descriptions and links...

A Question About Honor
SUMMARY: *Completed* *Joint third place winner at A Single Spark.* *Darkfic with a hinting at rape* Sesshomaru calls his own honor into question when he and the small group he had joined allowes one of their own to be violated by their enemy. Now, he must come to terms with his own guilt and finds that the line between duty and love sometimes becomes blurred. As she begins to recover, Sesshomaru finds that not only does he have his conscience and heart to deal with, but a powerful scottish inu laird to...

http://www.sesskag.com/fanficread.php?fid=3594&cid=1

Something To Talk About
SUMMARY: *Final Chapter* Because of Ayame's lies, Kagome must prove to Sesshomaru that he fathered her pup. When the truth comes out, Kagome is given the chance of a lifetime and decides to take her fate into her own hands.

http://www.sesskag.com/fanficread.php?fid=4054&cid=1

Both are by KogasAngel. I just re-read them and figured I would put them here.

I am happy that everyone enjoyed Proserpina.

Logged Logged

If the zombies chase us, I’m tripping you
LuxKen27
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
AmEva wrote:
The only thing I found lacking was (ironically) the romance. There were occasional, rare moments here and there, but nothing...solid. I understand it's hard to write SessKag romance without breaking the OOC barrier, but it's been done before with mastery of skill.

<snip>

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone when I say Sesshomaru and Kagome having a half-sarcastic/half-amusing banter is fun to read. Got to love U.S.T.

This fails criteria #1 (no initial attraction), but the rest of it seems to fit, so I figured it was worth a shot A few others were kind enough to click through on my first post, so I'll pimp the other series I'm doing right now:

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1136/1

You want drama? I'll give you drama, LOL - and UST out the wazoo. This piece just won 3rd Place Best AU/AR here at the Dokuga Awards, and so far the people who have reviewed seemed to rave about it, characterizations and all I wouldn't go so far as to say it's "mastery of skill," but I've certainly worked hard to keep it realistic.

Logged Logged
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Looking for fics that ALL have ONE thing in common 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 15
I also like to read stories that deal with an analysis (not romantic) of Sesshomaru's character/persona through Kagome's perspective and vice versa. Fics like Stuck by im a bunny and Forced Contemplation by Oh Please are good examples.

In the anime, Kagome and Sesshomaru are two characters who have never had much interaction, and in fics like the ones above they are suddenly forced (through circumstances) to spend so much time together that they start understanding the other's motivations and purpose. I find that more endearing than reading about how much they both love love love eachother which kind of gets annoying if that's basically what the whole story is about - all love, no plot. To me that's quite dull :[

When it comes to Sesshomaru's characterization, the only kind of OOC that I let slide is when he is bickering with Kagome, but their bickering HAS to be one of those intellectual/witty/sarcastic arguments which is hard to pull off without making them seem like two kindergartners fighting over a toy. :P Anyone who's ever read one of those can tell that they subconsciously love the flare in the other person. ;)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/02/25 21:11 By AmEva.

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.