Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Searching and Searching
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Searching and Searching
Ren
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Searching and Searching 2 Years ago Karma: 3
Hello everyone!

Each time I have read a story I've been reminded of some of fanfictions that I can't seem to recall. These searches could be from the same fanfiction or multiple but I would love to find them.

1. Kagome gets captured by Naraku and placed in his dungeon. She soon discovers Sesshomaru had already been captured and has been routinely tortured by Naraku. I think he is blind or has been trapped for so long that sunlight hurts his eyes. Kagome and Sesshomaru bond through shared trauma and at some point they are able to escape together with Sesshomaru carrying Kagome to a cave though he is barely able to see. I think Kagome heals his eyes but they refuse to separate even when her group finds them. There may be r*pe in this.

2. Kagome returns to the past after the well closes OR she goes too far back and encounters a younger Sesshomaru. I don't remember a whole lot except that Kagome and Sesshomaru are on a quest that brings them to a snowy mountain top in search of a witch or healer. They end up getting attacked by dragon, kill it, and the person they are searching for forces them discard the carcass before that person will help them. Maybe they were getting medicine for Kouga's tribe?

3. Kagome goes further back in time and encounters a child Sesshomaru. She leaves some sort of impression on him and his parents that they end up moving the well to the western palace. She keeps jumping into the well trying to make it back to the present (much to Sesshomaru's dismay) and her final leap brings her to the 'correct past' only to discover the changes she made merge together with the canon characters. So InuYasha remembers the canon memories but he also remembers the new life she gave him where he happily grew up with his parents. Sesshomaru remembers his canon past and also his love for Kagome, if I remember correctly, his relationship with InuYasha is now better.

4. Sesshomaru either kidnaps Kagome OR made a deal against her will with InuYasha. She is brought to the Western Palace and is forced to be intimate with Sesshomaru (he's definitely yandere). She becomes pregnant and want's nothing more to leave but Sesshomaru refuses. Slowly he allows Sango and maybe Miroku to visit and while Sesshomaru is on patrol, Sango helps Kagome escape. I think this plan almost has Kagome falling off the palace roof? Sesshomaru is furious and puts her in another castle with barrier and essentially it's a cage for her to live the rest of her life since he can't trust her. She may end up escaping with her child and living in the future only to be found be Sesshomaru again who wants to be involved in raising the child but that could be another fanfic.

I feel like my descriptions could be a lot of different stories but hopefully some of this makes sense. If you have similar stories you enjoy, I would also love to read them. Thank you in advance!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/04/12 20:25 By RennieD.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kerinu
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Searching and Searching 2 Years ago Karma: 14
I have tried and tried to post a reply, but I keep getting failed or a messed up post page. I messaged you instead with what I think is #2.

Logged Logged
Ren
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Searching and Searching 2 Years ago Karma: 3
I'm not sure why the reply isn't working but thank you so much for all your help with the second request. You're the best!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Searching and Searching 2 Years ago Karma: 277
Story #2 is, I believe, "Tears of the Fallen" by ShadowsWeaver1, and can be found here:

http://www.dokuga.com/spark/story/5397/1

It would be rated MA on our site for sheer gore, so NO YIMs!

Enjoy!!

~~Wiccan~~

EDIT: OOPS, I misread the post... Tears of the Fallen would be story #2. Story #1 brings several other stories to mind. If I happen to dredge one of them out of the memory hole, I'll re-post here!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/04/12 23:15 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Not reading carefully. :/

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Ren
Pup
graphgraph
The stories all seem to have similar elements to others so I definitely understand. Thank you so much for the response. I'm excited to start reading!

Logged Logged
Kyo
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Searching and Searching 2 Years ago Karma: 16
#4 is a mix of different stories but the one with the most elements on your description is Secret Possession by SakuraAngel1. Currently reading it.

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/8783/4

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is rated MA, NO YIMs!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/04/13 20:44 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Inserted rating - required by RULES!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Story #1 could be Violation of Honor by Rinseternalsoul... it's on MediaMiner and can be found here: https://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_ch.php?cid=457366&submit=View+Chapter&id=132945. It isn't Naraku's dungeon, but Kags is blind and Sess avoids talking to keep her from knowing it's him imprisoned with her.

This story is VERY MA, ABSOLUTELY NO YIMs!

Enjoy!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Ren
Pup
graphgraph
WiccanMethuselah, How are you so good at finding such old fanfictions with very little to go off of? I'm so incredibly impressed! I'm not sure if this is the one I was looking for but I look forward to finding out.

Thank you!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/04/14 12:01 By RennieD.
Ren
Pup
graphgraph
Kyo wrote:
#4 is a mix of different stories but the one with the most elements on your description is Secret Possession by SakuraAngel1. Currently reading it.

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/8783/4

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is rated MA, NO YIMs!!

I sincerely thought that may be the case but am so excited to read this. Thank you for responding!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Ren wrote:
WiccanMethuselah, How are you so good at finding such old fanfictions with very little to go off of? I'm so incredibly impressed! I'm not sure if this is the one I was looking for but I look forward to finding out.

Thank you!

I've been part of the fandom since 2004. You can say I've read a LOT of Sess/Kag fanfiction, lol!! And there are others lurking who have been around longer than I have. I've no doubt someone will hit upon the very stories that you remember sooner or later.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Silinara
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Searching and Searching 2 Years ago Karma: 77
I believe story #3 is actually a Inutaisho/Kagome The Lord of the West By: Saphireanime
www.fanfiction.net/s/6873762/1/The-Lord-of-the-West
Rated M an FF.net. I haven't read it in years but if I remember correctly it would be MA here.

Edit: I went back and checked but I was wrong. I know I read the story you are talking about but this isn't it, I'll keep looking, I think what you want was only on FF.net.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/04/19 01:18 By Silinara.
elevenharbor
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Searching and Searching 1 Year, 12 Months ago Karma: 8
disgregard me. I thought #2 sounded similar to Tales from the House of the Moon and #3 could be Unspoiled by forthright but i think i am way off. My bad.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/04/23 17:07 By elevenharbor.
Ren
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Searching and Searching 1 Year, 12 Months ago Karma: 3
elevenharbor wrote:
disgregard me. I thought #2 sounded similar to Tales from the House of the Moon and #3 could be Unspoiled by forthright but i think i am way off. My bad.

#2 was Tales from the House of the Moon but I've loved all the suggestions presented. It's so cool how everyone remembers the names to older stories! I thought it may have Unspoiled but I reread it and it didn't line up.

Logged Logged
Ren
Pup
graphgraph
Silinara wrote:
I believe story #3 is actually a Inutaisho/Kagome The Lord of the West By: Saphireanime
www.fanfiction.net/s/6873762/1/The-Lord-of-the-West
Rated M an FF.net. I haven't read it in years but if I remember correctly it would be MA here.

Edit: I went back and checked but I was wrong. I know I read the story you are talking about but this isn't it, I'll keep looking, I think what you want was only on FF.net.

The one I'm thinking of isn't this but I'll give it a good read since it's a new story to me. The story I'm thinking of is definitely SesshomaruXKagome.

I remember Kagome met Sesshomaru when he was a child. At some point she is presented in front of his parents (multiple times -similar to Unspoiled) and she comes to mean a great deal to child Sesshomaru. Kagome jumps through the well to go back to canon setting in the past but ends up coming through well only to discovered Sesshomaru had it moved to the gardens of the western palace. He keeps trying to make her stay and feels betrayed that she wants to go back. There is an attack on the western palace and Kagome is forced into the well. When she comes out of the well, it's back in the original clearing and sesshomaru. Through out all this, Kagome confides in Inutaisho about InuYasha's mother (he didn't fancy humans at first), then about the dragon, and essentially changes the future so all the parents avoid their original fates.

InuYasha was raised with Sesshomaru, his mother, InuTaisho, and Izayoi in the western palace. They grew up happily together with InuYasha (as a child) seeing Kagome as a sister figure since it was known she belonged to Sesshomaru. When the story comes to a close, Kagome finally makes it back to the correct canon Sengoku but InuYasha and Sesshomaru are different since their new pasts merged with their canon pasts. I don't remember if she stays there or goes back to the future but I think (though this could be from another story), Kikyo may have tampered with the well to get rid of Kagome. If I remember correctly, Miroku/Sango/InuYasha/Keade all are trying to figure out why smoke it coming out of the well and how to fix it.

Logged Logged
Bree
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Searching and Searching 1 Year, 12 Months ago Karma: 1
Could number 3 be Belonging to Sesshomaru? Kagome saves Sess and his Mom. The well was move to their property. Shippo and Kiria were pull back in the past. Memories and the future were change.

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story would be rated MA on our site, NO YIMs!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/04/25 19:52 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Inserted rating - required by RULES!
Jyurian
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Searching and Searching 1 Year, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Is #3 maybe The Once and Future Taiyoukai by RosieB?

I loved her work but never got around to reading that one, so I'm not sure, but I remember the synopsis being about Kagome going back too far and meeting a younger Sesshoumaru. EDIT BY WICCAN: This story would be rated MA on our site for gore, NO YIMs!

#2 does sounds like TftHotM, which you've already got covered. It's been a veeery long time since I read it so I don't remember many details except that it broke me completely. EDIT BY WICCAN: Tales From the House of the Moon is rated MA, NO YIMs!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/04/25 19:55 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: inserted ratings-REQUIRED BY RULES!
Ren
Pup
graphgraph
Bree wrote:
Could number 3 be Belonging to Sesshomaru? Kagome saves Sess and his Mom. The well was move to their property. Shippo and Kiria were pull back in the past. Memories and the future were change.

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story would be rated MA on our site, NO YIMs!

Oh my gosh! Thank you!!!! You found it! I thought I was going crazy thinking maybe I dreamed up the whole thing. I also was confusing it with The One and Future Taiyoukai. Thank you so much for naming #3, I'm so excited to reread it again!

Logged Logged
Ren
Pup
graphgraph
Jyurian wrote:
Is #3 maybe The Once and Future Taiyoukai by RosieB?

I loved her work but never got around to reading that one, so I'm not sure, but I remember the synopsis being about Kagome going back too far and meeting a younger Sesshoumaru. EDIT BY WICCAN: This story would be rated MA on our site for gore, NO YIMs!

#2 does sounds like TftHotM, which you've already got covered. It's been a veeery long time since I read it so I don't remember many details except that it broke me completely. EDIT BY WICCAN: Tales From the House of the Moon is rated MA, NO YIMs!!

I love RosieB too! I realized I was confusing "Belonging to Sesshomaru" with "The Once and Future Taiyoukai." Thank you so much for remembering this story too because I'm on the long haul for a bing down memory lane.

Tails From the House of the Moon broke me too but I'm in the mood for some feels. Thank you again for being so awesome with your suggestions!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.