Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
4 fics I think they were removed
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: 4 fics I think they were removed
Courtney B. Wild
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
4 fics I think they were removed 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
One called Bound 21 chapters and one called Tease 5 chapters two others don't remember the name. One had 31 chapter I believe the other had 3 chapters. All four are by the same author and all were posted in a day. Now they are all missing. Hadn't gotten to read the other two yet which is why I don't remember the names. My question is can I just not find them or maybe they were removed. Any help apprieciated.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:4 fics I think they were removed 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
All the stories by that author have been removed due to plagiarism. I'm sorry!

~~Wiccan~~

PS - In case anyone hasn't read the rules, we deal very harshly with plagiarism on this site. Word for word copying of other authors will not be tolerated.

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/34-authors-tools/51607-dokuga-authors-tutorial-plagiarism#51607

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

darknessqueen0789
Pup
graphgraph
Re:4 fics I think they were removed 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
I hope that this doesn't get me in trouble but I have a question. So lets say for example if I write a story on fanffiction.net and try to bring it over onto this site it will be taken down right? But if I say that I'm posting my story on both sites then that will be okay keep it on this site?
This is just a question that has been on my mind for a while and I just had to ask. I mean no harm.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
No. Posting on two sites is not a problem at all. The problem comes in when you copy entire paragraphs of another person's story and post it here (or elsewhere) as your own.

If the story is your work, and yours completely, there is no problem posting here or on multiple other sites. It is SO not cool to take any part of another person's story, even if it doesn't completely match what you're writing about, and copy it WORD FOR WORD, then pass it off as your own. Don't be that person, 'k?

Word for word copy/paste plagiarism will get you deleted and banned every single time.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

darknessqueen0789
Pup
graphgraph
Re:4 fics I think they were removed 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
Okay and I understand. Don't worry I will NEVER touch an author's work and try to pass it off as mine.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Thank you so much darknessqueen0789!! And I'm sure the many authors here who have had their work stolen at one time or another thank you as well. Plagiarism is QUITE a problem, especially in the fanfiction world. Lira, one of my dear friends, had an entire story stolen, as did sugar0o, one of our Admins.

As well, several of our fan artists have had work stolen for AMVs and such... I can't begin to tell people how that sort of betrayal preys on people's minds. As I'm sure you've noticed, a very popular story by Danyealle-sama has been removed from the 'net entirely for the same reason. DemonQueen17 reminded me today that students in college risk being expelled for plagiarism.

The long and the short of this lesson is: Just. Don't. Do. It.

Again, my apologies to all who were following this particular author's stories, but this is something that we just do not tolerate.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Vivian
Pup
graphgraph
Re:4 fics I think they were removed 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Would you be able to post the names of or links to the original stories that were plagiarized? I was in the middle of one of the ones that were removed, can't remember the name, but I'd like to check out the original work it was taken from.
Thanks!

Logged Logged
Courtney B. Wild
Pup
graphgraph
Re:4 fics I think they were removed 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Yes can the originals links to the ones that were copied be posted. Would love to finish the stories from the original writer!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Courtney B. Wild wrote:
Yes can the originals links to the ones that were copied be posted. Would love to finish the stories from the original writer!

The original story that contained the material plagiarized did not resemble the story that was taken down. In fact the two stories were very little alike, so I doubt you'd see any resemblance. For that reason, I'm not posting a link to the plagiarized story here. If you'd like to PM me, I will consider it.

I have no idea if the rest of the stories contained any plagiarized material - as our rules state if anything is found to be plagiarized, all stories will be taken down.

It's been a long time since we've had this problem, but I want to make sure that we don't go through it again anytime soon!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Natalia
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:4 fics I think they were removed 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 66
I believe I saw them on fanfiction but didn't know they were copied! Gods it happens again!

I had my original work stolen, well a part, since I posted only a few chapters, on a site that promotes young writers, but imagine my surprise when a friend tells me she read am amazing book! I being curious asked her to tell me, imagine my surprise when she told me the plot of my book step by step! But it was an even worse situation since the person even stole my photos from my profile on Facebook and created a page with a different name but my photos! I contacted the admin but they disappeared! I had a invitation to publish that book, but I couldn't finish it, so affected I was, so I advice everyone to be careful! And please write your own work!

That being said I wanted to ask a question! I am not trying to be rude and that's why I want the advice of other authors,
What if we want to write a fanfiction of a fanfiction?
How should we proceed? I mean I love the idea of a fantastic fiction that isn't finished. I of course tried to contact the author but she doesn't write fanfiction anymore! And is not active on any site or have any way to contact her, I would not copy the plot just borrow the idea and give credit! I am talking about Liar, Liar by R.M. Avalon, how should I proceed as to not get in the same trap? Maybe someone has a way to contact her?
Thx in advance for the attention!
P.s I would like to read the original work as well! It sounded interesting!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Natalia wrote:

...That being said I wanted to ask a question! I am not trying to be rude and that's why I want the advice of other authors,
What if we want to write a fanfiction of a fanfiction?
How should we proceed? I mean I love the idea of a fantastic fiction that isn't finished. I of course tried to contact the author but she doesn't write fanfiction anymore! And is not active on any site or have any way to contact her, I would not copy the plot just borrow the idea and give credit! I am talking about Liar, Liar by R.M. Avalon, how should I proceed as to not get in the same trap? Maybe someone has a way to contact her?

As it says in the tutorial that I posted a link to, on plagiarism, don't do it. I don't care how much one wishes to 'finish' an unfinished story, unless one can prove permission from the original author, just don't do it. We have members that have been reading stories on our site for many, many years... someone will recognize the original work and then your goose is roasted.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

gildedglass
Pup
graphgraph
Re:4 fics I think they were removed 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7
Hi! I read the previous posts stating that links to the original stories would not be provided, but I am very curious as to the story by Danyealle-sama (sp?) that was deleted. What was it called?

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Philosophy Blue wrote:
Hi! I read the previous posts stating that links to the original stories would not be provided, but I am very curious as to the story by Danyealle-sama (sp?) that was deleted. What was it called?

It was called "Lord Sh'omamoo" and cannot be found anywhere on the internet - at least it had better NOT be. That story was last posted on this site with as much security as we could provide and it STILL was ripped off.

No one who currently has this story should share it. Do not ask on this site. That story is GONE. If anyone is found sharing it, they will face severe consequences. This is one story that I feel very strongly about - we are just lucky that Danyealle-sama still allows us to host her other stories.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

gildedglass
Pup
graphgraph
Re:4 fics I think they were removed 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7
Ahh, I see. Thank you!

Logged Logged
Natalia
Whelp
graphgraph
Well I meant no offence and how I stated I asked if someone has a way to contact her so I could ask for permission! I am intimately familiar with plagiarism like I stated above and it was only a question! Thx for the attention and sorry if I came out as rude, I was just curious and I certainly didn't plan on copying it just using the idea of kagome posing as his fake fiance. In rest i am confident enough in my own writing without the need to copy a work. Sorry again!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Natalia wrote:
Well I meant no offence and how I stated I asked if someone has a way to contact her so I could ask for permission! I am intimately familiar with plagiarism like I stated above and it was only a question! Thx for the attention and sorry if I came out as rude, I was just curious and I certainly didn't plan on copying it just using the idea of kagome posing as his fake fiance. In rest i am confident enough in my own writing without the need to copy a work. Sorry again!

I, too, apologize if I offended. I merely meant to emphasize the problems inherent in trying to finish an unfinished fic. Again, my apologies.

Logged Logged

Natalia
Whelp
graphgraph
No it's fine it's me who is apologising! I was curious! I know how hard plagiarism can hit! I still have no will to finish the book that was stollen even though I have three or four chapters left, every time I remember the pain I felt then! So I can empathize! I am grateful you feel so touched by this! It shows how great a person you are, thx!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Oh, pshaw!

I'm not an author myself, despite there being a few drabbles I've written... but I am very protective of our authors here and elsewhere in the fanfiction world. Having betaed for several terrific authors, I know the time, effort, and labor of love that go into writing a great story. I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible experience, but glad to know that you understand.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Xyllandoris
Pup
graphgraph
Re:4 fics I think they were removed 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 9
I'm curious though, I mean Natalia only mentioned about using the idea of Kagome posing as a fake fiance. Since the idea itself is not that specific, could she still not use it without risk of plagiarism? I mean she could probably come up with different ways that would ultimately lead to this scenario and then end up with a totally different story line. I've kinda seen something similar with other sites where they share like a general idea/plot and I'm don't think I have heard anything about plagiarism complaints between the author.

I mean I could be wrong, especially if Natalia actually meant to use a more specific aspect of the story. I'm just curious

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
If that was all she was considering using, then it would come under the heading of something we call "shared cliche." If you look through my tutorial on plagiarism, you'll see just what I mean:

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/34-authors-tools/51607-dokuga-authors-tutorial-plagiarism#51607

Obviously, shared cliche takes place all over the fandom - and in lots & lots of others. I'm not so worried about that as I was about someone trying to 'finish' Avalon's story. I hope that clears things up a bit?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.