Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Looking for a story
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Looking for a story
Seldax
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Looking for a story 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I'm not sure if it's OK to ask for help because I'm so new, but I wanted to just in case somebody would answer. I'm kind of transitioning back into this fandom and my usual site, FFnet, has been malfunctioning. Stories have disappeared from there and I've lost a lot of my favorites. I was hoping you guys could help me track some of them down, specifically one that I've had an itch to read again for a while.

This story was about Kagome somehow got separated from the group. I can't remember exactly how. Sesshoumaru finds her and takes her with him to his castle. On the way, they meet these creepy invisible things that only Kagome can see. The next thing I remember is a lot of super awesome scenes between Sess and Kag, one where he threatens Inuyasha, and another where they actually get pretty intimate but Sesshoumaru hurts her feelings and tells her that it meant nothing.

There's a really cool fight scene with a ton monsters where Sess actually protects Kagome. I think towards the end of the story, Kagome starts getting possessed by the invisible monster things and Sesshoumaru saves her. At the same time, he marks her as his an Kagome swears that she'll find a way to get rid of it. That's all I can remember. It was in my bookmarks, but one day it just vanished.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Looking for a story 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
It's really embarrassing to say this. In fact, I wasn't going to reply to this at all, but...I believe that the story you're looking for is My Hatred, My Obsession. I wrote that story a long while ago and even though I tried to continue it many times, it just wasn't going the way I planned. The writing style difference between my 16 year old and my 27 year old self is too great a gap to overcome.

Not only that, but in transitioning between new edits, FFnet lost everything from chapter 10-26. That's stuff I can't get back nor rewrite the way that it was.

Thus, the story itself has been discontinued. I took it down from my profile on this site, but you can still find chapters 1-8 on FFnet. It is rated M there (MA here), so no YIMS.

I'm actually really honored that someone still remembers that story. Thank you so much. It's really great to know that something I wrote made an impact on someone.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/06 11:37 By kyndred_raven.

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Looking for a story 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Restless Quill wrote:
It's really embarrassing to say this. In fact, I wasn't going to reply to this at all, but...I believe that the story you're looking for is My Hated, My Obsession. I wrote that story a long while ago and even though I tried to continue it many times, it just wasn't going the way I planned. The writing style difference between my 16 year old and my 27 year old self is too great a gap to overcome.

Not only that, but in transitioning between new edits, FFnet lost everything from chapter 10-26. That's stuff I can't get back nor rewrite the way that it was.

Thus, the story itself has been discontinued. I took it down from my profile on this site, but you can still find chapters 1-8 on FFnet. It is rated M there (MA here), so no YIMS.

I'm actually really honored that someone still remembers that story. Thank you so much. It's really great to know that something I wrote made an impact on someone.

Actually, this story is still available on the 'Spark archive with 35 chapters. I am assuming that your pen name at that time was Raven91, as the summary is exactly the same as that on ff.net. It can be found here:

http://www.dokuga.com/spark/story/2784/1

And would be rated MA by Dokuga standards, NO YIMs!

Enjoy!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Looking for a story 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Restless Quill wrote:

Actually, this story is still available on the 'Spark archive with 35 chapters. I am assuming that your pen name at that time was Raven91, as the summary is exactly the same as that on ff.net. It can be found here:

http://www.dokuga.com/spark/story/2784/1

And would be rated MA by Dokuga standards, NO YIMs!

Enjoy!

~~Wiccan~~

Oh my god, are you serious?? I think I'm going to faint. I thought all of that was lost forever!
Thank you so much for pointing this out. I'm going to go retrieve it right away. I tried to tell myself that losing it all was OK, but honestly I was so crushed when it happened.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.