Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The search is on...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: The search is on...
Nicole
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:The search is on... 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 154
This might also be Thunderstorms and Sakura Blossoms

Thunderstorms and Sakura Blossoms by Lady Silq Ice
The final battle leaves little behind, how are two souls to recover from such loss? WARNING Character deaths and lemons. Complete.
Rating: MA - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Action, Angst, Drama, Friendship, Humor, Romance, Tragedy - Updated: 11-10-11 - Created: 07-13-09 Chapters: 42 - Reviews: 26 - Words: 181,460 - Reads: 74,352 - Anonymous Reading: Yes

I just finished re-reading this one, which is why your description triggered this one. If this is it, then the part you are remembering happens about halfway through the story: Kagome is visiting an old shrine as part of a university research project and is kneeling on a memorial stone praying that she can get back to the past - to Sesshomaru - when she is transported back and dropped mid-battle.

ETA: No YIMs!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/21 23:46 By mtnikolle.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
bookgirl813
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:The search is on... 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 76
I'll check it out. I was just scanning through Laying Amongst Dokatsu as well. I know it's an old story.

Thank you, I'll let you know if it's the one!

Logged Logged
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:The search is on... 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 109
Could it be Tales from the House of the Moon by Resmiranda. I think I remember a scene with a stone tablet in there? (It's been like 3 years since I last read it so I may be wrong). It is rated MA.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/21 20:32 By kaoruhana.
bookgirl813
Whelp
graphgraph
The search is on... 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 76
Again, I bring very little to go on, yet hoping that someone will be able to tell me what fic this is.

Kagome is able to travel between the past and present even after the end of Naraku (at least I think he's dead-it's been ages since I've read this).

Kagome seems to return to the past when Sesshomaru needs her help in battle and it happens as she ages in the future. I recall that there is a stone with a symbol somewhere in this fic as well. I honestly don't recall if it's complete or the rating.

I'm really sorry, I know this is very little to go on and won't be terribly disappointed if it's not found. So far you guys have found every one I've looked for, so I may end up breaking my streak

Logged Logged
bookgirl813
Whelp
graphgraph
Well, it wasn't "Tales." I forgot how epic and looong that story was. Still a wonderful read.

So, now I get to start reading "Thunderstorms" next.

I'll let you know if this is it or not.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/26 00:23 By aijoinu.
bookgirl813
Whelp
graphgraph
Nichole, congratulations! You found the one fic I've been searching for for ages! It's funny but I hadn't put together the sentient sword (Fubuki) and the stone that sends Kagome into the past together. You've done me good for two searches and Karma goes to you in reward.

Thanks for sending me towards Thunderstorms and Sakura Blossoms.

Logged Logged
Nicole
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:The search is on... 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 154
You're most welcome. I didn't put the two together while I was re-reading it right away either. It was one of those "this reminds me of..." moments

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.