Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Assignment 22
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Assignment 22
Ikaru
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 21
Alrighty here's the next assignment, another short one, well story wise anyway ...Happy reading everyone!!!

##############################################

Life of A Stranger by Caliente Reviews
A few one-shorts based on the song 'Life of a Stranger' by Nadia. Separated by Verse 1, Corus, and Verse 2 of the song.
Rating: T - Universe: Alternate - Status: Incomplete - Category: Oneshot Collections - Genre: Drama, Friendship, Romance, Tragedy - Updated: 04-16-10 - Created: 04-15-10 Chapters: 2 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 4,802 - Reads: 139

Phantoms of Inuyasha by Nalia Reviews
Phantom of the Opera retelling Inuyasha Style for the 'Reinventing the Classics' challenge. With a lot of casting that should be recognized but in a AU setting. Rating will rise in future as needed.
Rating: T - Universe: Alternate - Status: Incomplete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Action, Angst, Dark, Drama, Romance, Tragedy - Updated: 04-16-10 - Created: 04-16-10 Chapters: 1 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 2,134 - Reads: 53

Destiny, Fate, and Divine Decree by Aurora Antheia Raine Reviews
He loathed her so she chose to let him go. Her parting words to him were final or so she thought. Destiny had brought them together, Fate had chosen to separate them, but Divine Decree won't let them forget so easily. Sooner or later, they were going to realize they couldn't escape what was meant to be.
Rating: MA - Universe: Alternate - Status: Incomplete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Drama, Erotica, Kink, Romance - Updated: 04-15-10 - Created: 04-15-10 Chapters: 1 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 589 - Reads: 307

Hot Spring by DeathsSilentApproach Reviews
Kagome is at the hot spring by herself doing something she shouldn't be doing when someone comes upon her. Nonconsentual at first. Nothing to drastic though. A simple lemon is all this is.
Rating: M - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Oneshots - Genre: Angst, Erotica, Romance - Updated: 04-19-09 - Created: 04-19-09 Chapters: 2 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 2,388 - Reads: 1,826

Master and Apprentice by DeathsSilentApproach Reviews
Hot spring scene. Kagome and Sesshoumaru meet at a hot spring and have a conversation. They come to a conclusion and an agreement is reached. KS pairing. I don't own Inuyasha. I would like to thank Flesheater777 for the new title.
Rating: M - Universe: Canon - Status: Incomplete - Category: Oneshot Collections - Genre: Action, Drama, Erotica, Romance - Updated: 04-19-09 - Created: 04-19-09 Chapters: 9 - Reviews: 0 - Words: 5,209 - Reads: 3,403

Logged Logged

the snow covers the world in a blanket of white, making it pure once more...

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
All done... Sometimes I wish I could personally beta some of these writers and give them the continued guidance they need to get better (not that I am all that good a writer myself ) I tried not to be mean but I might have been a lil harsh.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Angelicatt wrote:
All done... Sometimes I wish I could personally beta some of these writers and give them the continued guidance they need to get better (not that I am all that good a writer myself ) I tried not to be mean but I might have been a lil harsh.

Approved, but a few were a bit harsh so I would watch for it in the future. For the ones you feel could use a lot of work, try switching to writing in first person for the review. That way the writer can tell automatically that it is an opinion and you can still say the exact same thing and still be honest without coming off as harsh. Seeing 'I think, I feel, I believe' is a lot easier to handle than 'You did this wrong, you did that wrong,' especially when there are a lot of mistakes and you list them in a row.

Just to give you an example, I'll use your review from Hot Spring...

'Lemon yes, simple no. The whole mating seemed a little forced and you never did explain why Sesshoumaru desired Kagome of all people. The interactions with InuYasha and Shippou were a little unexpected; although Miroku remained himself. And Kagome acting so docile was completely OOC. There were some spelling errors and quite a few missing punctuation. This story needs more information, more details and definitely deserves to have all the unknowns known. It would be a whole lot more dramatic and smexy.'

'Lemon yes, simple no. The whole mating seemed a little forced to me and I never saw you explain why Sesshoumaru desired Kagome of all people. The interactions with Inuyasha and Shippou seemed a little unexpected to me; although Miroku did remain himself. I felt Kagome acting so docile was rather OOC. There were some spelling errors and quite a few missing punctuation that I noticed. I feel this story needs more information, more details and definitely deserves to have all the unknowns known. You could have a very dramatic and smexy story here with a bit of work.'

See how I said exactly what you did, only it comes off as less harsh? Behold the power of first person .

Banner going up in a moment .

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
Thanks Hairann...I need to treat them all like if I was reading my friend's stuff..honest but not cruel.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
That's a very good way to look at it .

Logged Logged

Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
done!

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Sessylove219 wrote:
done!

Approved and banner going up. Wow you guys were fast this week, I haven't even started yet lol.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Done. Some pretty interesting ones this week.

Logged Logged

Teana
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 10
All done! Woot me!

Logged Logged
Debbi Comeau
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
Done

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Debbi Comeau wrote:
Done

I'll check over your reviews, but I can't count the assignment as complete until you read over and post a reply that you understand the rules. All members are required to do so and you can find the thread you need here.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Teana wrote:
All done! Woot me!

Approved and banner going up in a moment. One thing to point out though, in your last review the sentence 'You jump from one thought to another without anything in between.', when you have something like this, try to reword it a bit differently, simply adding a 'It seemed to' at the beginning can really make a big difference in coming off less rudely without actually changing what you want to say in your review.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Hairann wrote:
Debbi Comeau wrote:
Done

I'll check over your reviews, but I can't count the assignment as complete until you read over and post a reply that you understand the rules. All members are required to do so and you can find the thread you need here.

Okies I don't see any reviews from you on the assignment so I'm guessing you meant to post that on the rules thread. Make sure to be careful which thread you post on, it helps keeps things organized for us managers and makes our jobs a bit easier. If you could make sure you post it on the thread, which you can find linked above, providing you have of course read the rules, it would be appreciated.

Logged Logged

Ikaru
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 21
Done!!

Logged Logged

Debbi Comeau
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
Done, all the stories are great.

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Ikaru wrote:
Done!!

Approved and banner going up in a moment.

Debbi Comeau wrote:
Done, all the stories are great.

I'm sorry Debbi, I don't know what is going on but your reviews are still not showing up and I even went back over the assignments 11-22 just to make sure you weren't posting on the wrong one. Are you sure you are typing in the name of the character at the bottom of the screen when you post your reviews?

I tested doing it myself, without typing in the name, and it comes back with a blank review box, is that what is happening to you?

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Author banners are sent.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Received a message from one of the authors on this assignment after I sent out the banners and wanted to share it with ya'll...

Hairann,

I have heard of you, definitely, because I accidentally stumbled upon the Assignment threads here in the forums. I didn't realize one of my story was listed on there though. At least now I know what the sudden bombardment of reviews were all about. LOL. Thank you for the banner. I will definitely be putting that up in my profile. The reviews I received were, indeed, very helpful, so I want to thank the guild for that too.

- Raine

Logged Logged

Scherherazade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 12
Done, just by the skin of my teeth too. Hopefully it's not too late. (lol) Where I'm at it's 10:30. If I am too late it's okay, I know I was pushing things time wise this week.

Logged Logged

Ikaru
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 21
You should be fine, providing all of your reviews are approved by Hairann I see no reason to count you out this week, the next assignment is up by the way so you can start on it any time

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/04/24 01:53 By Ikaru.

Scherherazade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Assignment 22 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 12
Thanks.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Scherherazade wrote:
Done, just by the skin of my teeth too. Hopefully it's not too late. (lol) Where I'm at it's 10:30. If I am too late it's okay, I know I was pushing things time wise this week.

Approved and banner going up in a moment.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.