Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How to Beta?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How to Beta?
Ayui Young
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
How to Beta? 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
I have been reading fanfics for years and i am new to this site so i am trying to figure things out. I have always wanted to beta but How do you do that do you just proof read a story? please tell me someone i am so lost!!!

Logged Logged

Ayui!!!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady Scheherazadea
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How to Beta? 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
A lot of it depends on the needs of the author but for the most part it is proof reading stories for grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Some authors use betas to bounce ideas off of them, content development, story continuity, character development, etc. As I mentioned before, it really depends on the needs of the author.

Logged Logged

“Playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won\\\'t feel insecure around you.”

~Marianne Williamson
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How to Beta? 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
If you would like to be a beta you can go to the beta forum and post. Like Lady Scheherazaeda said it is different for each writer

dokuga.com/forum?func=showcat&catid=11

I have never beta'd I'm pretty sure you have to be magical from the experiences i have had with my beta. You should see the junk i send her way. But all in all the relationship i can say is fun. I would highly recommend it to anyone with some spare time.

Logged Logged
ShadowTamer
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How to Beta? 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
I've beta'd for one person it's all the spelling and grammar stuff, and you have to be able to help them see ahead of where they are at. It's simple if your a good author yourself. Just help them make sure they have a good story line and help them with ideas to keep it going.

Logged Logged

Never argue with an idiot: they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.