Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Interviewing for a Beta
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Interviewing for a Beta
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Interviewing for a Beta 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Okay, so here's my problem.

I have a story, the first I've posted on here. It's the first Sesshomaru Kagome fiction that I've ever written - and am still in the process of writing - to completion.

I don't have bad spelling, and I like to think my grammar is rather exemplary, though no guarantees.

So, where would the need for a beta be, you ask?

I'll tell you.

I'm embarrassed to even say it, but I will.

I haven't even watched/read a quarter of Inuyasha.

There! I said it. So, my problem lies not with the writing in and of itself...but with the details of the writing. The character quirks. The off-handed little details that only true fans can catch.

So. Here's what I'm proposing.

I don't have to have a beta with a lot of experience. Hell, they don't even have to be a good speller. But I am looking for someone familiar - very familiar, if at all possible - with the foundation material (i.e. Rumiko Takahashi's "Inuyasha"). I need somebody to watch for OOC moments in the way I've used the characters - with rememberence to their respective roles in my story.

And of course, if I can get someone that will look for spelling and grammar mistakes too, I would be very happy.

I have a few conditions though, on top of that.

If you have other works that you have beta'd, I'd like to see them.

You must have been a user on Dokuga for at least two months, faithfully.

If you have an e-mail, I'll need it to send the unrevised work to you early for editing - and I will know if you post my work without my permission. You will be reported, rest assured.

Lastly, please, whip my tail in line. I like to procrastinate. It's my favorite thing to do.

Awaiting any applications,

The Authoress

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Huntress11
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Interviewing for a Beta 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
Hey. I would be happy to Beta if you need one still. I have watched all the episodes so I can help you with the details. I have not been a beta before but I have caught some things in my own writing before I sent it to my beta. Hope you choose me. Thanks bye.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.