Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Looking For a Beta If Possible
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Looking For a Beta If Possible
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Looking For a Beta If Possible 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 47
I'd be happy to help out.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Atailpha
Whelp
graphgraph
Looking For a Beta If Possible 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
I am more in need of a second opinion. A second eye to catch things I may have missed.

I will forwarn: I am a perfectionist and Obsessive Compulsive. This is also not only an adult rated (no yimmy's!), but it will also contain dark themes. If you are offended by adult and/or dark themes (or are yimmy) stay away.

I have a ton of ideas coming up, but I will only work on one at a time. Right now, the first story is a tester. I am basically going to post a couple of chapters to see how it fares. If it does not seem popular or that anyone enjoys it, I will discontinue it and start on my trilogy. If anyone wants to beta these for me, I will be greatly appreciative. I do have requirements:

1. I do work. I may not also be able to update weekly, daily, whatnot. I may also wait until I have the whole story finished before posting, though I will send the chapters one by one. If it does not appear anyone likes the story, it will be discontinued and I will start the other idea(s) I have.
2. I need someone honest (will not be afraid to tell me what they think), at the very least, moderately good in grammar and spelling (and a good grasp of the English language as that is all I am truly fluent in, though if when I am done someone wants to translate it, I will be happy to accomodate), and has a good eye (for things like inconsistancy, areas that need more or less attention, etc...).
3. I would prefer to send things by e-mail. I will not divulge it here, but will send my e-mail through pm. I find it much easier that way.
4. I also need to know what word editing software is used. I use Office 2007, which is compatible with nearly everything. However, I do need to know so I can ensure the documents can be opened in whatever program the beta-er uses.
5. Finally, I ask that if there are "changes" that I do not agree with, it needs to be possible to meet in chat or somewhere else (aim, yahoo, msn, whatnot) to discuss 'why' if need be.

I thank all in advance who consider helping.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/28 22:06 By Atailpha.

Atailpha Claims the Occupation Master Dokugareers Moniter, with the tool of my daring wit!

\\\"When life gives you lemons, go write a fan fiction.\\\"

(See more quotes on my profile!)
Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Looking For a Beta If Possible 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 18
I can help Ata. Things have slowed for awhile since some of the authors I beta for are taking a break. Send me a pm or I will see you in chat if you're interested.

~Shadow

Logged Logged

Made by the wonderful r0o

made by the fabulous Fox
Atailpha
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Looking For a Beta If Possible 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Actually, the more the merrier really. ^^

The more eyes, the more likely that errors will be caught. If both of you are willing, I would actually be ecstatic. And also, if more than one person says something needs work, it definately would indicate that.

I am currently doing a "final" run through of my own on the first chapter. Then I need to finish my second chapter and do a "run through" on that one as well.

I'll send a pm to both with my e-mail so you know who I am when I send it. ^^

Thanks a bunch you guys! ^^

Logged Logged

Atailpha Claims the Occupation Master Dokugareers Moniter, with the tool of my daring wit!

\\\"When life gives you lemons, go write a fan fiction.\\\"

(See more quotes on my profile!)
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.