Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
need help please? I'm new and need guidance
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: need help please? I'm new and need guidance
Miyuki-chan
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
need help please? I'm new and need guidance 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I need someone who can help me to guide my story into the correct direction, I have never in my life written a story and i am hoping to find help somewhere.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:need help please? I'm new and need guidance 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8
Hi and welcome! There's many people on here who will be willing to help! Some will be your beta if you request it or if you just have a general question. What are you wanting to write about?

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Miyuki-chan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:need help please? I'm new and need guidance 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I have a story started already but I got off track half way through and started a new topic and then it made seem confusing so I went back and changed it with the same topic but more detail and the topic is about Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha fighting for alpha of the pack because of mistreatment towards kagome, there's a deep hidden secret of sesshoumaru loving Kagome for the past 4 years, I want to stay with the characters as they are but I also want kagome to be stronger because she is of course the alpha female!
I need help I'm lost i've never written a story before i have only had thoughts about what to write and thought to try my hand at it but i'm not so sure that was a good idea.

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:need help please? I'm new and need guidance 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8
When I first starting writing I to was not sure if it was a good idea. It just takes sometime and a lot of editing to get better! Goodness knows it too me forever! But whatever you do don't get frustrated and quit, just take a break and let your mind rest that's what I do.

Anyway to answer your question, it sounds like a good plot to start with now you just need to slowly build it up. Something I do is make a outline for each chapter. I do this so I know what I want to happen in each chapter and it cuts down on confusion later on. Keep the characters the same is a good idea too and if your wanting to change Kagome by all means do so. Me personally prefer a stronger Kagome any day!

Hope that helps you out some! Don't give up! It gets frustrating but don't let it get to ya!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Anglowritten
Pup
graphgraph
Re:need help please? I'm new and need guidance 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi there :3
my advice for you is the same as hoshi phoenix! Just relax and take your time nobody can hurry you and when you get used to writing you will be amazed by your hidden talents!
I also love your plot and keeping the characters personality the same because now sadly people try to be kind of OOC but i love it all the same
I wish you good luck and dont be afraid to ask help we will gladly give you a hand! <3

Logged Logged

Ano..me and my inner demons wishes cookies >:3
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.