Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Requiring the assistance of a Beta.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Requiring the assistance of a Beta.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Requiring the assistance of a Beta. 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 156
Hi there.

I'm Chie, I've been writing fanfiction for a while, mostly AU. My probably most well-known story is the first one I ever wrote, titled Faded Memories.

I have so far written 3 completed chapter stories and 3 one-shots and one of my stories is currently WIP. I've never yet actually had a native Beta, I've had my friends revising the chapters for me but that's about it.

So I figured it would be about time for me to get myself a Beta, whose first language would actually be English.

I'd also like to have a long-term Beta, someone who I can trust to review all my work for me. (Worry not, I'm not the most productive one out there, I last finished a chapter in January. >_> ) As I said I currently have one chapter-story I'm working on, and I'm in the early stages of plotting a new one. There might occasionally be one-shots too, if I happen to be inspired.

I'd like to have the friend-type of a beta, someone with whom I could talk about plottwists and who could throw ideas around if my mind's playing blank. This is not a requirement, however. But such a beta would be nice. :3

One thing I do require is a person who does not mind that I write somewhat mixed English. I get annoyed of the seldom reviews I have that say "It's written 'realize', not 'realise'." English isn't my first language and when I was taught in school it was mainly British English. Though my vocabulary is rather mixed by now, the spelling of certain words is in the backbone for me, so I do write "realise" and "colour". Deal with it.

;D

So, if interested, please check my stories out to see if my writing style and all is something you wouldn't mind reading, and then just reply to this thread or if feeling brave, send a PM. :3

Yours, Chie

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/25 18:51 By Chie.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Fluffy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Requiring the assistance of a Beta. 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
Hello, Chie. I am FluffySesshomaruTail. Fluffy, for short.

I see you are looking for a beta reader. I must say, I would be very happy to be your beta reader, if you still require one!!

I understand the whole spelling things differently. I think it's kind of awesome. Something different. And when people write things that "color" as "colour" it gives it a more appealing look. To me, any way.

I am very productive when reading. I almost always find myself lookign for a mistake in a story by habit, unfortunately. I don't normal miss a mistake!

Yes, my first language IS English. I am very good at it, too!

You say that you would like a friend-beta. I get along with people very well, and I think that if you and I worked together, we could become good friends. I am not very harsh, but I can be, if the time requres it. I love to make up new ideas. I am quite random, but mature. I can throw anything at you at any time.

I hope you can consider me as a beta reader!
FluffySesshomaruTail

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Requiring the assistance of a Beta. 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 156
Hi Fluffy!

Well you certainly sound promising, and I have no other volunteers either. You want to try it out? I'm about to publish Chain's third chapter soon, it has around 4700 words.

Also, I'd like to know if you have MSN, or if you'd prefer to keep contact via e-mail?

Logged Logged
Fluffy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Requiring the assistance of a Beta. 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
I do not have MSN, because I have never quite figured it out. If you don't mind, I would rather contact by e-mail.

I have yahoo account. I have kept the email for YEARS because it has been faithful to me. ^^

But, if you would rather contact via MSN, I'll go and fingure it out when I am done with this reply.

If you don't mind email, I will send you my email address by PM, because I don't need everyone to see it and I don't need spam letters.

Thanks!
Fluffy

P.s. I am ready when you are for anything!! Throw it right at me!

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
That's the spirit!

I've never got into Yahoo myself, I've always been using MSN. xD But e-mail's fine by me, just PM me with your e-mail address and I'll be sending you your first task

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
I'm still open for other applicants too, by the way. :3

Logged Logged
Ko Torii
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Requiring the assistance of a Beta. 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
If you need a secondary beta for any of your stories just let me know.

Logged Logged

Seeing the small is called clarity. ~Daode Jing

I claimed Sesshoumaru\\\'s Devilish Smirk at the CLaim Game!!!
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Thank you for the offer. ^^

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.