Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Looking for some experience
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Looking for some experience
Ethereal Siren
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Looking for some experience 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I have never been a beta for anyone before. The closest thing was my proofreading of a friends star trek fan fiction which was basically just me using the spell checker. I would like to get some experience doing this so I can offer my help(I get that urge to help a lot) and feel like I actually know what I'm doing and what's expected.

I have oodles of free time. I love the Sess/Kag pairing, but any pairing is ok. I don't care for tragedy, I like my happy endings. I have lots of preferences, but really I am willing to test the waters on whatever you have for me.

I do admit that I may not do the best when it comes to proper sentence structure. I'm not nearly as good as an English teacher, but I know enough to keep things from looking horrible. I don't mind putting forth the effort to do some research or brushing up to improve my skills to make sure my advice is sound.

I know a lot about seasonal and lunar cycles, so if you want to incorporate any of that stuff in your stories and have it be factual or realistic I can tell right away if it is usually. For instance, a lot of people like to mention a waning quarter moon in the sky in their stories because that's the one on Sesshy's forehead. Most don't know that it's only in the night sky in the early morning. It rises about halfway between midnight and sunrise and sets about halfway between midday and sunset. If you really want a waning crescent moon in the night sky at midnight I won't let the total impossibility of that stand in the way of your creative license. I'm all for creative license.

I've got tons of other nerdy facts like that floating around in my head including the stories you write. This means that I can help keep your story straight. If something you say in Chapter 58 doesn't jive with what you said in Chapter 3 I'll remember.

If anyone wants to give me a shot at the beta thing, let me know. Since this is also my fist post to this forum, I don't really know how things work here yet. If I happen to ignore someone making contact with me it's because of that inexperience.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/05/23 14:03 By Ethereal Siren.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Looking for some experience 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Well my third beta hasn't gotten back to me in a while so if you'd like I can give you some really easy work to get you started off at. The first two betas normally catch pretty much everything, but I like to keep three so I know I won't have to go back one day to reedit like I had to with my early works. If you want to give it a try, pm me here and let me know. I would recommend reading up on Playing Kami and They are Pack so things will make sense.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.