Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Picky author looking for a certain kind of beta...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Picky author looking for a certain kind of beta...
Sin
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Picky author looking for a certain kind of beta... 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok, so I LOVE to write and I think my writing is usually pretty solid with, for the most part, only the odd mistake everyone is prone to. I think my biggest problem is that I tend to write really long sentences. I have had a beta before but she didn't really mesh with me style of writing. Mostly what I'm looking for is someone to read my chapters, and then point out different things that seem off. If a sentence is too long, copy/paste it back to me so I know without a doubt which one you're talking about and then tell me what you think would make it better. 90-95% of the time, I'll agree and either do exactly what you suggest or maybe re-write it another way, and send it back to show you.

I do NOT need someone to look at individual words and say "Yelled sounds better than screamed here." While I do appreciate the thought behind it, I probably used "screamed" on purpose since it IS actually different than yelled. Now, that is not to say that if the same word shows up a million times, that I don't want you to point it out and help me come up with another way of referring to it. Just don't change WHAT I'm writing

Also, I'm a very on/off writer. I have a job and I also play a MMO that takes up a bit of my time. After working for 8 hours, 9 if you include lunch, I'm usually not in the mood to write and I generally prefer to mindlessly kill things in video games. That said, most of my writing happens on my days off which are not set in stone. I have a rotating schedule. This means that I might work 7 days in a row and then get 1 day off before working another 4 or 5 OR I could work 3 days, have 2 off, and then work 4 again before I get another 2 days off. It just depends on the week. I need a beta that is understanding of that and able to get back to me relatively quickly so I can try to get as much posted while I can.

Basically, I'm going to be a big ol' picky, pain in the butt.

So, if anyone is interested, please drop me a line. I'm off work today and tomorrow so I'll be working on my next chapter and looking out for any responses. Thanks all! <3

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.