Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
'Ad' to Beta
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: 'Ad' to Beta
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
'Ad' to Beta 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 60
I am looking to be a beta for a couple more authors as I have free time on my hands, and several authors I previously beta’d for have either ceased writing or is taking a lengthy break due to RL issues.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE REPLYING TO THIS THREAD!

If you are interested in my assistance, there are a few things to know:

1) Please already have a firm grasp on English writing, a.k.a. spelling, grammar, sentence structure, tense, and point-of-view.

A) Why? I have edited many times over the years for individuals needing extensive lessons in writing, which take hours a day or out of the week, so for now, I wish to assist someone(s) who require proofreading rather than be taught how to write in English.

2) If I become your beta, please look over my edits, and if you do NOT agree with any of them, ask me. I will be more than happy to explain why a correction is to be made, so please do not just ignore the edit.

3) I would ask you to refrain from updating a new chapter/oneshot until after I have been given time to look over your work and submit the edited version to you. (I am rather prompt with my edits, so you will not be waiting weeks or longer—unless something has occurred in my life to postpone the corrections, which you will be informed at once for your benefit and knowledge).

4) It can be any rating story, but I do not read/beta for stories that contain Sesshomaru raping Kagome or vice versa.

5) If you already have an existing chapter story you wish me to edit, please submit the existing/already posted/written chapters to me so I can read it and also make any edits that may have been missed.

6) Please use Word documents as that is what I use.

I have been a beta since joining Dokuga, as well as write my own stories. If you require a list of a few of the authors I have edited for in the past, they will be provided to you. You may either reply to this thread if you are interested in my assistance or PM me.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
SHORTFRY
Pup
graphgraph
Re:'Ad' to Beta 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 16
Yes please! I've just started writing, and would like a beta to read over my work. If you'd like, I have two chapters already posted for my fic if you want to get a feel for my writing style.

Please let me know if you'd like to beta for me

P.S. my weaknesses are tenses and sometimes excessive use of commas.

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:'Ad' to Beta 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 52
I need a one shot beta'd for the Holiday Exchange. It should be finished within the next day or so.

Logged Logged

Urami Bushi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:'Ad' to Beta 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello my name is Uramii Bushi and I am working on a fanfic and I desperately need a beta.

Logged Logged
S.Ai
Pup
graphgraph
Re:'Ad' to Beta 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I'd be happy to offer my services as a beta as well. I'm not very good at getting my own story ideas, but I love critiquing/commenting on other people's work.

P.S. I ask a lot of questions about plot choices, so I will really make you think things through

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.