Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Calling out to Ruroken fans
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Calling out to Ruroken fans
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Calling out to Ruroken fans 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 156
I've been helping my friend with her Rurouni Kenshin story, This One, but I feel she deserves a proper beta who's better motivated than I am and actually in the fandom for which she writes.

This is my friend's first long story. She herself describes it as "a canon compliant character study". As such, This One is Kenshin's origin story, focused on his character development and growth. The fic is complete, but only partially published and proofread.

My friend is dyslexic and English is her second language. She herself says her writing is clumsy and repetitive in places. To give you some idea of what she needs help with, grammatically she has problems with word order, missing determiners, prepositions, and idioms and phrases.

She uses American English, and the story does have sexual themes later on so the beta reader should be of age.

My friend is quite willing to give the beta a free reign; as long as the story content won't be altered, the beta "can edit the text freely [...] - change words, phrases, rearrange sentences as you wish".

This story is very important to my friend, and she wants to share it with the fandom. Please, if you are willing to help, have a look at the first part of the story (it is on FF.net and AO3, rated T) and give my friend a PM.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.