Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Google chrome?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Google chrome?
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Google chrome? 10 Years ago Karma: 78
So, things keep popping up on my computer, trying to get me to update my browser to Google Chrome. I'm being cautious about this, because a couple of weeks ago, something similar came up for "C-Cleaner", which I always thought was a righteous program, saying I needed to update the version. Immediately, when I did it, my computer got flooded with a bunch of malware. I am very proud of myself, and grateful for the things I've learned from more tech-savvy, fellow Dokugans, that I managed to weed out all the malware and re-start my computer with the proper browser, which had been changed, as well. So, Google Chrome, should I do it? Or, maybe, another browser? Or should I just leave well enough alone...

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sharon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Google chrome? 10 Years ago Karma: 95
Chrome is a really nice browser. It's clean and efficient and I really like it's layout. Also, I use a lot of Google Apps, like Drive, and Chrome compatibility helps. It's also useful in other ways, like having my bookmarks available on different machines, and opening files I downloaded in a new tab.
However, if you want to get Google Chrome, make sure it's from Google. The official URL is www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
I wouldn't trust any other source.

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Google chrome? 10 Years ago Karma: 78
Thanks, Sharon! I've upped your Karma points, for your kindness. I wonder, will I lose the sites I have saved as favorites?

Logged Logged
Sharon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Google chrome? 10 Years ago Karma: 95
Chrome allows you to import bookmarks/favorites from whatever browser you're using now. And if you have a Google account, you can use it to sign in to Chrome, and you can then get your favorites on any computer that has Chrome!!

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Google chrome? 10 Years ago Karma: 78
Cool! I'm off and out... Going to update to Google Chrome! Thanks again...

Logged Logged
Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Google chrome? 10 Years ago Karma: 54
As long as you have the real google chrome it updates itself when it needs to be and launches the new updates when you reopen.

Logged Logged
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Google chrome? 10 Years ago Karma: 60
I couldn't help but add my two cents in and encourage you to use google chrome ^^ This browser has never disappointed me like a few others have.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.