Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re: On the subject of dogs?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re: On the subject of dogs?
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re: On the subject of dogs? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 37
Something really worrying happened in my mom's neighborhood two days ago. Their is this really nice elderly couple that love dogs like most of us do, unfortunately the gentleman died of injuries received when he was viciously attacked by his two pit bulls. I was saddened when I heard the tragic news because I knew them from I was a child. I am also the owner of a dog and it is hard for me to imagine being attacked by my pet. I don't know much about that breed of dogs so I can't even comment on it. I am still wondering what happened, or is it that Pitt bulls are not good pets?? PS: other residents own them and are in shock!!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re: On the subject of dogs? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 47
I'm sorry to hear that such a terrible thing happened. It's hard to say what may have caused the dogs to attack your neighbor, but I wouldn't blame it solely on the fact that they are pit bulls, especially without hearing more details about the attack and the dogs themselves. Any number of factors could have played a part in this.

Pit bulls, in general, do have an undeserved bad reputation, and there are some places that even ban ownership of them because of said reputation. They are a breed that has been commonly used for fighting, etc., and many have been bred to be naturally aggressive. That being said, the breed itself is no worse than any other dog breed. I know several people who own pit bulls, and they are some of the sweetest, most intelligent dogs I have ever known.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/01/17 15:20 By CritterWhisperer.

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re: On the subject of dogs? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
I have little to add to what CritterWhisperer said above, except that I, too, know many people who have adopted Bully bred dogs and find them sweet, loving and intelligent in the right hands.

That said, my deepest sympathy to your mom's neighbor!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

TheFallenAngel
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re: On the subject of dogs? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
I am so sorry to hear about that and your mother's neighbor has my sympathies.

I own a pit bull/boxer mix and she is a sweetheart. I wouldn't trade her for the world. I agree with CritterWhisperer it would be hard to tell what happened without all of the details. In my opinion it could have a lot to do with the age of the dogs.

I've had my dog since she was six weeks old and she's seven years old now. She used to love to go to the vet but as she got older she got to the point that she does not like it. It has gotten so bad that they have to sedate her to tend to her. The only time she has ever tried to bite someone was at the vets office when the vet pulled her leg back a little to far and hurt her. If they are older dogs they could have been hurting and he touched where they were having pain. I know the bully bred has hip problems when they get older which is one of the things we are watching out for.

As CritterWhisperer said though it could be many other reasons as well. There are just too many things to tell exactly why it happened.

Logged Logged

BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re: On the subject of dogs? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 60
I'm very sorry to hear that, but I don't believe it's the breed of a dog tat makes it violent but how it was treated.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.