Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
So... School Started...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: So... School Started...
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 76
How is everyone else handling their classes? Got six classes, seventeen credit hours. Not to bad but it's a little rough. A Tues/Thurs Schedule with morning classes Mon-Thurs. 8am-2pm, 4 at the moment with math prep courses, then I gotta chill around until my last class at 7:30... anyway. How are you all doing?

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 37
Doing great! Man you said it yourself you have a really hectic schedule with so many courses, but I am sure you can handle it. Take it easy on yourself though.

Logged Logged
Midnight Song
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I totally understand hectic! My classes start Monday and I'm at 18 credit hours, from 8-4 on M/W/F, and 1 class on T/TH, plus work schedules. Glad it's started back up, but not looking forward to the craziness at all.

Just about the only way I keep myself sane during the semester is to chill with a cup of chai or green tea and read/write one chapter of fic. per night.

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 76
Sane.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I haven't been sane for a few years... Anyway. You got it a little rougher then mine. What sucks, one of those seventeen credits just vanishes when I finish the class. Freaking prep courses.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
RebaJean
Pup
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 16
No more classes! Just turned in my MAS capstone thesis on Friday. Now to wait on grades, go on vacation, and look for a job.

Logged Logged
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 60
I would not want to take that many classes at once. I'd die from the work load lol

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 12
When does school start for most of you guys? Me starting autumn break after this week

Logged Logged

Spyair Forever! MAKOHARU is my OTP! GINTAMA FOR LIFE!
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Yeah most people don't take that many but I need 65 credit hours. To clear it in two years I have to take no less then 16 per semester and at least a full 17 in one semester.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
Jaded_butterfly
Pup
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
man I wish I could do even full time. Currently I do 6 credits a semester. Full time job and 2 kids I just dont want to fail any classes. I start next week. Its good that you guys can handle that work load I dont know how you do it.

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
I'm wondering how I'm doing it as well. I just don't know how I'm going to keep up. I've not got much work today but after everything is said and done I'm going to have about three hours of homework to do... all due tomorrow.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
Knight of Disorder wrote:
I'm wondering how I'm doing it as well. I just don't know how I'm going to keep up. I've not got much work today but after everything is said and done I'm going to have about three hours of homework to do... all due tomorrow.

At this point in the discussion, the following quote from "Magnum Force" comes to mind:

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Good luck, kiddo... this sounds like it's gonna be brutal!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
I know my limits, no less than five hours of sleep and I can keep going all day. The difference is, this is my first real class load since high school. Which I graduated in 08. I'm better off then some but I need to get this done.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
Well, good on you, then. Knowing one's limits is the first step to being successful, in my humble opinion.

I wish you the best of luck as you embark on your full load, and I'm sure the community here will be encouraging and supportive should you find yourself in need of it!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Great thanks.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 57
Good for you. Studying is very time-consuming, especially when it's full-time. The irony is after a handful of years, doing a final project, and finishing everything, I was more worried about tripping over the coat-tails of my robes at Graduation when I climbed those dratted stairs onto the stage.

I mean you end up trying not to have the cap fall off your noggin, hoping desperately not to embarass yourself by tripping on the stairs on the way over to the podium, and trying not to poke yourself in the eye with the pointy end of your scroll when they hand the thing over. Believe me, getting back to my seat was the easy part. I also snuck off down a side-road when all of the grads were asked to 'walk the square' and parade around town wearing their robes. I like Harry Potter too but I am not a guest-star out of the films, thank you very much, nor do I carry a wand in my back-pocket.

The robes were just too flowy, and long, and tangly. Pretty to look at but worse than a dress. I thought I was going to drown in that much fabric.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/08/21 20:04 By Pyre. Reason: forgot the 'b' in 'but' not 'butt'
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Did all that crap for high school graduation. I'm 6'1" though... so the robes on me tend to have a problem reaching the ground let alone dragging. This is just the first run around. I am getting my associates, which is on the transfer path, trading up to a four year, I'm at a community college right now, and finishing out my BA. Not sure where I'm going to finish of my BA. It's up in the air because my girl right now is looking at going into another one... about five hours drive away. Gotta see what happens, if we're still together around the summer next year we decided to look at each other's top three and see if any matched up.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
Midnight Song
Pup
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Jaded_butterfly wrote:
man I wish I could do even full time. Currently I do 6 credits a semester. Full time job and 2 kids I just dont want to fail any classes. I start next week. Its good that you guys can handle that work load I dont know how you do it.

I'd say you're doing a great job, doing all of that and dealing with little ones. It's all relative. There's no way I'd be able to do all my credits and a job, and deal with kids. No way. I admire what you're trying to do. Seriously. I was raised by a single mom, and have 2 brothers, 2 sisters. IDK if you're single or not, but either way, being a mom is a full-time job in and of itself. Be proud of yourself.

As to craziness, I was just informed that I'm a credit behind on my junior status, so I just upped my credit load to 21 this semester so that I can be considered a Junior in the spring. FML.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 57
Awesome! XD Yeah we don't do the robes and caps at High-school level, lol, where I live, that's exclusive for uni level. , which is a pain cause they make you hire the robes for like three hours of wading through the grad ceremony. It's a pain. Glad I only did it once.

I enjoyed studying but RL is chomping at my heels. I guess there comes a time when you got to throw yourself into the deep-end with the rest of the fishies, and just get on with it. You'll figure it out KOD, we all do, just stay positive, keep motivated, and keep an eye on the prize.

That's the hardest thing I found for full-time study. Juggling papers is easy, remembering everything is the hard bit, and I couldn't quite believe this but after so many years, I'd sat more than four thousand hours of classes, and that's without including exams, tests, and assignments, which comes out to about the same. >.> craziness. I can't even remember if I was awake for half that time.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/08/22 19:21 By Pyre.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
I've discovered that if I read it a loud I remember it. I have to go over every couple days which isn't hard at this level... freshman year. But I'll have to do more of it myself when I get deeper into my classes.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:So... School Started... 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 25
I haven't signed up. I know I should, but I have to finish my classes from spring that I took incompletes in. I've gotten so burned out on school, as much as I hate to say. I'm ready to be finished.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.