Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
A Thought
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: A Thought
Terri
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
A Thought 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
In the final battle and both Kagome and Naraku are in the jewel due to Naraku wish and Inuyasha makes a hole to get Kagome out, what stops Naraku from getting out through that same hole? also what else could have left the jewel through the hole that Inuyasha made? After all her wishing the jewel away is not truly an unselfish wish, for if that were the case than Kikyou would have made that wish a long time ago. Could Naraku getting back out and maybe finding another way to become powerful send Kagome back after three years in the future and not to be with Inuyasha, and another adventure begins?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mikaela
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A Thought 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
It sounds probable for fanfiction, but in actuality, Naraku is actually... "asleep." Really, he's dead until another force (to replace Midoriko) comes into the Jewel, which is now, supposedly, gone.

Logged Logged
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:A Thought 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
Rikana wrote:
It sounds probable for fanfiction, but in actuality, Naraku is actually... "asleep." Really, he's dead until another force (to replace Midoriko) comes into the Jewel, which is now, supposedly, gone.

That makes so much sence! I had wondered the same thing for a while, but what you say makes sense. Since the jewel has been wished away, then there wouldn't be a miko to replace Midoriko and reawaken Naraku. Thanks for the enlightenment!

Logged Logged
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A Thought 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Yay for inuyasha plot holes. I want a bumper sticker that says "Plot holes fuel fanfiction." I agree a veryy plausible idea.

Logged Logged
Terri
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A Thought 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
ah but what if when Inuyasha made the hole he screwed up the first wish causing Naraku to awaken and get out. For why else would the well not work for exactly three years for Kagome to finish her education to go back to a time period where woman were not allowed to be educated and would not her being there with out a true purpose cause the future to be changed? Besides why would power hungry Naraku want to be stuck in the jewel with Kagome, now I could see him wishing Sesshomaru there so he would be out of Naraku's way, but how does Naraku being in the jewel serve him when he wants to rule the world? What benefits Naraku being in a jewel leaving Inuyasha free, especially since all Naraku wanted was Inuyasha's death. Are you sure it was Naraku stuck in the jewel and not another one of his puppets? I mean Naraku was smart.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/11/15 07:56 By Terri. Reason: spelling errors
Lady Scheherazadea
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:A Thought 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
I took him wishing Kagome in the jewel as a way to get at Inuyasha, considering it all started from the Inuyasah/Kikyo betrayal. You know as an "If I can't have her, then nobody can" type of thing. And also another way to corrupt the jewel through Kagome, because for a brief moment it seemed she was losing the faith.

Logged Logged

“Playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won\\\'t feel insecure around you.”

~Marianne Williamson
Terri
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A Thought 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
yes, but the only one he was ever truly after was Kikyou, and he did finally kill her. Naraku was only said to be afraid of Kagome's powers, so why put himself in a jewel with her where he has no freedom how does that give him the world? If she was in the jewel and wished it away, which is a selfish act as its protector than would have tarnished the jewel. If Inuyasha sword is so powerful it can place a hole in the jewel to get her out and Inuyasha is searching within the jewel yelling for Kagome would not that have awaken Naraku up and gave him time to escape the jewel keep Naraku. If all the protector ever had to do was wish the jewel away, then I think that is something that would have happen long before Kagome. What if Naraku soul escaped and it took him three years to get into a position to try to take over Japan again. I mean first the well is destroyed, then it isn't. Maybe Naraku was gone but yet not gone.

Logged Logged
Lady Scheherazadea
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:A Thought 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
Okay, well I guess I'm confused on the whole issue of Naraku going inside the jewel. When I read that episode I thought he died and made a wish before he died but at the end of that particular manga he didn't go inside the jewel, it seemed as if he disintegrated. But the initial wish was for Kikyo's heart, and since he couldn't go to where Kikyo was by default the wish would have affected Kagome, you know with her being the reincarnate. And since Inuyasha had been his number one foe the wish served as a double whammy. Well that's where I was coming from on my initial post. Please by all means correct me if I'm wrong. The link to that particular manga is below:

www.onemanga.com/Inuyasha/552/01/

Logged Logged

“Playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won\\\'t feel insecure around you.”

~Marianne Williamson
Roune
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A Thought 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
Haha that would be an amazing bumper sticker! I love it! you should totally do that!

Nobody wrote:
Yay for inuyasha plot holes. I want a bumper sticker that says "Plot holes fuel fanfiction." I agree a veryy plausible idea.

Logged Logged

I could cause I can so I do
twiknham
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A Thought 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I have an alternate explanation....

I suspect Rumiko Takahashi knew if she didn't give those two a happy ending that she'd forever live in fear of fangirls flocking to her house to beat her to death with hanyou plushies so she found a way to make true love open a time portal to allow the two sorely mistreated creations to find their way to each other.

What she failed to mention is that since Kagome stayed human and InuYasha stayed hanyou, they only respectively have about 40 years together before she dies, leaving him alone for a very long time. So, while the fangirls may be happy, I suspect InuYasha will not be, in the long run. And since supposedly demons (and holy people who die with resentment in their hearts) go to hell and humans go to heaven and InuYasha is truly neither...he's doomed to walk the earth in spirit form forever without either of his loves.

This is why fanfic authors exist. If you don't like something, or something doesn't make sense, write your version, or explain it the way you think it should be explained. I suspect most of the demon rules as we know it in the anime world were offshoots of fanfic explanations to plot holes and black boxes of unknown-ness. So, if there's something you don't agree with, write your version, I'm sure we'll love it.

Logged Logged
Mikaela
Pup
graphgraph
Terri wrote:
ah but what if when Inuyasha made the hole he screwed up the first wish causing Naraku to awaken and get out. For why else would the well not work for exactly three years for Kagome to finish her education to go back to a time period where woman were not allowed to be educated and would not her being there with out a true purpose cause the future to be changed? Besides why would power hungry Naraku want to be stuck in the jewel with Kagome, now I could see him wishing Sesshomaru there so he would be out of Naraku's way, but how does Naraku being in the jewel serve him when he wants to rule the world? What benefits Naraku being in a jewel leaving Inuyasha free, especially since all Naraku wanted was Inuyasha's death. Are you sure it was Naraku stuck in the jewel and not another one of his puppets? I mean Naraku was smart.

Again, I think this is perfect for a fiction, but...

Naraku was smart, but it was specific that it really was him. Naraku's puppets don't feel true emotion, which Naraku clearly did upon his death. I quote: "My real wish... That's right... I simply wanted Kikyo's heart... Hmph. It looks like I won't be able to go [to] the same place you've gone, Kikyo." That, right there, is true emotion. He wanted to be with Kikyo - blah blah blah. And his wish was not for Kagome to be stuck with him; he did that on his own accord with Byakuya. His wish, in the end, was to go all full demon on them like he did. But that backfired in his face big time.

And as for InuYasha accidentally screwing up the hole, it would be impossible. The Meidou Zangetsuha attack is simply an attack. The physics of it can't be disrupted easily, and there was no interfering force as to when he jumped into it. And, as for Naraku jumping out of it, that would be impossible. Not only is he "asleep," but he's trapped inside the jewel.

As for the reason Kagome stayed in her time three years is unspecified, but I take this explanation from another in an indirect quote: It was possible that she wanted to finish her education without interference, since it was something she valued. So, quite possibly, she could have shut down the well subconsciously until she was ready to return.

Logged Logged
Mikaela
Pup
graphgraph
Lady Scheherazadea wrote:
Okay, well I guess I'm confused on the whole issue of Naraku going inside the jewel. When I read that episode I thought he died and made a wish before he died but at the end of that particular manga he didn't go inside the jewel, it seemed as if he disintegrated. But the initial wish was for Kikyo's heart, and since he couldn't go to where Kikyo was by default the wish would have affected Kagome, you know with her being the reincarnate. And since Inuyasha had been his number one foe the wish served as a double whammy. Well that's where I was coming from on my initial post. Please by all means correct me if I'm wrong. The link to that particular manga is below:

www.onemanga.com/Inuyasha/552/01/

Naraku didn't choose to go in the jewel - the jewel chose for Naraku to go inside. Because the jewel was used for an impure wish, the demons and midoriko would be expelled from it, but the jewel would not be gone. Because of that, the jewel would bring in it's own new occupants - the user, now dead (naraku), and Kagome, for reasons unspecified.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.