Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
SO MUCH READING!!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: SO MUCH READING!!!
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
SO MUCH READING!!! 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 76
So much reading.

My Freshman Year by Rebeka Nathan
The Ballad of Abu Ghraib by Philip Gourevitch and Errol Morris
No Easy Answers by... someone I don't care about. It's about Columbine.

Sure it's interesting, but it's so tiring. I don't mean to complain but I don't have anyone else to rant at. Midterms are in less then a week and I have to have the first two books and half of my text book read. Got another hour of reading then I can finally take a break.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sheridan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:SO MUCH READING!!! 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I know that feeling! My last semester of college was like that. I had to read a 250 page book on the Salem witch trails for history -- and countless other books and poems for English. Normally reading that amount is no problem for me. This book was the most driest book I had ever read. I can't even tell you how many times I fell asleep reading it, and then to top it all of I had to write an 8 page paper on it. I made an 85 on the paper, I got marked off for citing with what he called "Proper English, that I should only use if I was educated in England." He even said that whole "This is America, write like an american!" I about died in disbelief of what I just witnessed. At least once its done, its done lol. Just keep chugging!

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:SO MUCH READING!!! 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 76
Your English teacher is an idiot. Everyone reads is proper grammatical English. Even if a letter is missing or a word is missing, if you're really into the story then you'll glaze over it and not even notice it.

I assume he hit you for it based on certain word choices. In that even, I think your teacher just hated you.

I wrote an Essay on "My Freshman Year", had several incomplete sentences (Including my Thesis Statement) and forgot my summation paragraph entirely but still got an 89.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:SO MUCH READING!!! 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 60
Your teacher complained about proper English? How dumb! He probably felt inferior when he read your paper so decided to take it out on you. What he did was so uncool! You know, I love to read, but text books and other reading material teachers/professors force me to read just make me fall asleep. I swear it's almost impossible to fully grasp what is written since more often then not it's so boring. I don't mean to be such a critique, but if our teachers/professors really want us to learn, you'd think there would be a more enjoyable way to do it.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:SO MUCH READING!!! 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 76
My ACA Study Skill teacher said this: "Make it more interesting."

I retain more of what I read then what I hear so it's actually the best way for me to learn. The reading is just so boring. I don't care about Abu Ghraib or Columbine, at all. People died, shit happened, end of story. (Forgive my bad language please.)

You can Skip This...

Regardless of the social or individual stimulus that caused the events, you can't fix it. This is because the actual social problems which were the precursors to what happened at Abu Ghraib were seen and completely ignored by the higher ups.

The issues with Columbine have been debated and debated and debated, over and over and over. The actual reasons are so mixed and jumbled with peoples own personal crusades that understanding why it happened is more a test of will power rather then an sociological experiment. The only thing anyone agrees on about Columbine is that it was a failure on the part of the PARENTS, TEACHERS, and other ADULTS that could have resolved the situation before it reached the point that it did.

I'll let you take what you want from that since I just veered way off topic. My brain jumped ship and I like that argument to much to erase it.

Anyway, MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING. One of the ways is to talk to people about it, beig able to converse and see others views tend to solidify the knowledge so it's retained more readily.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.