Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Something I think would be awesome...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Something I think would be awesome...
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Something I think would be awesome... 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 78
I think it would be awesome if the moderators could select some of the "classic" fanfics, some of the excellent ones by the great writers, like DemonLordLover and Kouga's Angel, which have been around long enough that newer readers might have missed out. Then, cause the story to appear in with the newly posted writing on the front page. I don't know if this would be really time-consuming or hard to do... Even if it was only one story a week or one a month, it would be fun...

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Something I think would be awesome... 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 56
So, maybe, a little box in the corner above the forums, saying something like: "Have you read this?" and the title. It wouldn't have to be just the more well known ones... maybe a recommendation list could be made of completed stories that are more than two years old. Recommendations could be from the general Dokuga population...or maybe pick random stories that have been nominated (even if they didn't win) a dokuga or single spark award.
This would be a great way to generate some interest in some classics... particularly for newer readers.

Logged Logged

Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Something I think would be awesome... 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 37
I think your idea is great. I would love to read some of those great stories. Being fairly new to the site I have little or no idea who the classical writers are. Great works are very inspiring to all; especially to those who are aspiring to be writers.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.