Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Which should we do? Dogs related
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Which should we do? Dogs related
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Which should we do? Dogs related 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 31
We were on our way home with our car full to the brim with stuff and our cat (we were coming home from the cabin stay).

We passed a pull over part of the road, and saw 2 huskys on the side of the road, sittin there waiting.

We couldn't pull over cause our car is filled up with stuff and our cat.

Here is the question, now that we are home and unloaded the car, should we go back (about 30 min drive) and see if we could get them in the car. And see if one of our family would take them in (no yard for us) or leave them be?

They could be waiting for someone. Or escaped from a yard. They might not even be there when we return or another car that passes that way (it is a main road through the country) might stop and pick them up.

They were in the country, there were houses down the road a ways and farms. Sad to say it is starting to snow but with husky's coats that isn't a problem.

Any suggestions from dog owners aobut what we should do? I'm at a loss.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/01/31 16:03 By phishbon3s.

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lover of Blue
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Which should we do? Dogs related 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
I would call a local animal rescue and see if the could pick them up

Logged Logged
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Which should we do? Dogs related 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 31
i've checked the local animal rescue, nothing close by.

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Which should we do? Dogs related 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
If it was me, I'd probably go back and see if they're still around, check to see if there are any collars or tags, then check to see if there is anyone who might take them. But that's just me.
:/
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Kneazles
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Which should we do? Dogs related 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 16
If you do go back to pick the dogs up, take them to a near by vet clinic, they can scan the dogs for microchips. If they have microchips the vet clinic can call the microcip company and get the phone number/addresses o the owner of the dog.

If they don't have chips or collars, take them home and post a found flyer near the area you found them, and post a found add in the local newspaper.

Logged Logged

phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Which should we do? Dogs related 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 31
So far I called the dog warden, and left a message of the general area I saw them in. Between _____ town and st route ____ near a cow farm. My brother works for the humane society, he said to call the dog warden so they can be on the look out since huskies are expensive dogs and the owners are gonna be looking for them. And it is best to keep them in the area they were found in, so it is easier to find their owners. They are excape artists and it is best not to take them 30 mins away from where they could live. It has been almost an hour & 1/2 and it would be longer if we went back for them.

There were several cars we passed on the road heading that way so others would have seen the dogs if they stayed there. In the end, I figured they were picked up by now. Plus, I have no yard, nothing for dogs and no one I know to take care of them until we could find their owners. I can't keep them in the house, I have a cat. There would be a fight. I work 12 hours tomorrow, so I would be leaving them alone.

Im a hopeless romantic and was imagining the dogs jumping into our car and living happily ever after with us and the cat, like it was all meant to be. But I'm not sure now. With strange dogs, who might turn bity when started by something in close quarters. My luck I get chewed on because we hit an icey patch on the road.

Thanks for the advice friends. Much appreciated.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/01/31 17:20 By phishbon3s.

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.