Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The disabling of Anonymous Reading
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: The disabling of Anonymous Reading
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The disabling of Anonymous Reading 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Hi folks!

It would seem that a great many people who have been reading stories on Dokuga without an account are somewhat up in arms over the new option we've given our authors - that of being able to disable anonymous reading of their stories. I would like to take this opportunity to explain our reasoning behind offering our authors this option, and the rationale as to why any of our authors might use this option.

First, as I'm sure many of you know, there is a great deal of plagiarism rampant all over the internet. We value the authors who post on this site, to the extent that we try to assist them in downing stories of theirs that have been plagiarized. Without our authors, we would not HAVE a site, really. The people that spend their time lovingly crafting the stories that we all know and adore deserve to have their work honored as their own and not stolen from them. This is our effort to try to restrict access to only people who have accounts on our site - thus making it harder for a potential thief to find and decide to steal stories from our authors.

To the authors, though, I would like to point out that it would be a service to your readers if you were to include a note in your summary to the effect that you are disabling the anonymous reading for your stories. Anyone wishing to access the site without creating an account or logging in will appreciate the advance notice that your stories are off-limits unless they do so.

So, please, readers try to consider the author's concerns before ranting about having to create an account to read their stories.

Authors, please consider your readers and put a note in your summary noting if you are disabling anonymous reading.

And all of us, can we try to work with this and see if it doesn't make everyone more comfortable in the end? Obviously, comfortable authors will be more inclined to leave their stories up on our site... obviously, logged in readers will make our authors more comfortable and, perhaps, encourage them to create even more wonderful works for us to enjoy!

Thank you, and we now return to your regularly scheduled... stuff?

~~Wiccan~~
PS - Try to look at it another way... you aren't being required to pay a fee to read these stories or access this site, unlike other places on the internet. Can't we put up with a little inconvenience for free access to all this terrific fiction? I know *I* can!

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:The disabling of Anonymous Reading 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Hey Wiccan, sorry to just randomly post this on one of your posts since it's completely off topic, but I haven't been getting replies to the PMs I sent you for a while now and I need an update on the supporter list. Please send me a message when you can .

PS you can delete this post after you read it if you want so this thread stays on topic

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:The disabling of Anonymous Reading 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Check your PMs... so very sorry, partial explanation in the PM!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.