Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Need Recommendations for books
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Need Recommendations for books
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 60
I love to read books especially supernatural romance novels such as vampires, were wolves, angels, demons, Greek mythology, etc. If anyone has any good recommendation on similar books could you please let me know?! I'm looking for a good book to sit down and read.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
dianne
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 11
"The Hush Hush" series by Becca Fitzpatrick is really good. Has fallen angels, lots of romance-some really good limes in there-, and it is full of action and suspense.

The "Fallen' series by Lauren Kate is also a fallen angel story. It is very romantic and always makes you want to see what happens next.

"The Song of the Lioness" By Tamora Peirce has lots of sorcery and the love story is a really cute one.

Logged Logged

Mizui
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
Ooooh!! Ohhhh!! I know lots of those! I'll only tell you my favorite.

First, If you haven't read Song of the Lioness, , and Tricksters choice by Tamora Pierce, those are all good reads for any age. Basically I recommend all of her books.

If you're looking at adult fiction, My favorite series to Recommend is The Mercedes Thompson Series The first of which is titled Moon Called. These are followed closely byAlpha and Omega. Both are amazingly good series by Patricia Briggs. Neither of them have any explicit sexual content, though there is a rather sketchy scene in one of the Mercy books... I'm afraid I can't remember which.

Next is a werewolf novel called Kitty and the Midnight Hour By Carrie Vaughn. These are very good, and not racy at all if I recall correctly.

This next series is a bit different, but very cool, The Weather Wardens Very cool series with genies, not what I was used to reading, but really, really great! I haven't read her other series, except part of the Morganville Vampire series, which was good, but I lost track of which book I was on and have just been procrastinating reading through to find out.

Shifters does get a little sexy, more so than The Mercy Series, but is a neat twist on the wereanimals a story about werecats (lions I believe.. maybe others too? It's been a while). It may sound odd, but is action and romance filled and a great read.

And The last series I will pile onto this list is Laurel K Hamelton's Anita Blake Series This one starts out relatively innocent, but turns MA a few books in. If that doesn't bother you, it is a great series, and looking it up to share a link with you let me know that two books have come out since I last checked, and I'll be running to my library to check them out right away!

Anyway I hope these help! and If you need more, I'm sure I can name a few

Logged Logged
Himura Asami
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9
You should read Clockwork Angel.
Very good.
It's a prequel series to another set of really good books.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
Along with Patricia Briggs, I would recommend:

Anything by Eileen Wilks... her Lupi series is quite engrossing!

Karen Chance - both her Dorina Basarab series and her Cassandra Palmer series (which intertwine timewise) are worth checking out.

Yasmine Galenorn - I can attest to the intriguing qualities of both her Otherworld series and her Chintz and China series. She is quite the entertaining writer and knows how to craft worlds while keeping all the details straight.

These are my very favorite writers in the paranormal romance world... between them, you will find werewolves, vampires, and creatures from a multitude of genre. They are all well worth the time, money, and effort to read!

ENJOY!

~~Wiccan~~

PS - Don't forget our very own Danyealle-sama!! Check out her profile for information on some of her published works!!!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/01/07 03:01 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: forgot to mention Dani!! O.o

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 60
Thank you all so much! So many sound so awesome that I have to read them, but if anyone has anymore suggestions I am so willing to hear your recommendations!

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Maria-Salvatore29
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare

-It's awesome!

Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth

Blue Bloods Saga by Melissa Dela Cruz

Logged Logged
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 32
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Crank series by Ellen Hopkins (though its more about teen struggles than anything mythological)

Also, A Great and Terrible Beauty is a fantastic book about magic in a boarding school of girls.

Logged Logged
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 19
One of my top go to authors is Anne Rice. I find myself reading her multiple times a year. Right now, I'm completly engrossed in her Songs of the Seraphim series. Her Mayfair Witches series is also tops. You know what, everything about her is tops. She also has an erotic re-telling of Sleeping Beauty under the name A. N. Roquelaure that just blows your mind.

P.S. Her son also is an author. The one book I read by him, Density of Souls, is not paranormal, but oh my jeebus it's a very good read.

Here is Anne Rice's page

www.annerice.com/Bookshelf-AllBooksInOrder.html

And here is Christophers:

www.christopherricebooks.com/novels-MoonlitEarth-Synopsis.html

Happy Reading!

Logged Logged

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 60
You all are just so wonderfully helpful! :3

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
precioushime16
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
One of My favorite Paranormal series is The Guardians series by Meljean Brook. Those books have angels, demons, vampires, guardians, nosferatu, you name. They are adult though and pretty explicit. They can be read in any order.

The next is the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. The...Best!! Also adult but has so many different pantheons of gods included and can also be read in any order. I would start with Fantasy Lover or Night Pleasures though.

Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series is really good. I'm actually re-reading it now. She also has another series which is the Guild Hunters. Those are also adult and have archangels, vampires, and guild hunters.

I hope you try any of these. They are my absolute favorites!!

Logged Logged

I'm not cute or built to fit a fashion model's size.
It's in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal Woman
That's me.
--Maya Angelou
laenfante
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 11
My current read is the "Road to Wudong" series by Kylie Chan. Chinese gods, demons, mystic beasts, romance, and mystery. Read her first trilogy "Dark Heavens" first; it sets up the second one. It is made up of White Tiger, Red Phoenix, and Blue Dragon. Very intense and contains violence. No YIMs.

Logged Logged
Cathyrin
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8
Totally agree with sherrilyn Kenyon being an amazing author, along with Christine Feehan. Her sister witches series and her carpathian series are both amazing, but do contain adult content. Robin t. Popp is also a great author. Has a vampire thing going.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/01/08 00:36 By Cathyrin.
Shaneka
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
You could also try the dark series by Christine Feehan.These are also adult but they are awesome.

Logged Logged
jenny laguna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there! If you like romance books, I recommend you to visit emmaroseromance.com
there's a lot of it and it's FREE!!
Enjoy...

Logged Logged
Jaded_butterfly
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
Laurell K Hamilton also has a Meredith Gentry series that is really good. Keri Arthur has a Riley Jenson series that is really good too.

Logged Logged
Red
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 6
The Pellinor by Alison Croggon are great.

Logged Logged

I claim Byakuya paper crane in the claim game.
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Need Recommendations for books 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 60
Oh more book for me to read! I've added some of your suggestions above to my ever growing library!

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.