Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Easy holiday cookies for everyone!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Easy holiday cookies for everyone!
Jade R. Rayne
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Easy holiday cookies for everyone! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
Hello!

I saw this recipe on a pamphlet last year and it is simply delicious!

Super easy to make, but not for those who have Nut allergies. I made some and brought it to work and it was instantly gone!

Ritz Crackers with Peanutbutter Marshmallow Cream Cookies

- 2 small jars (or 1 large jar) of Jet puffed marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of creamy peanutbutter. I prefer the natural kind (peanuts+oil).
- 1 box of Ritz crackers, any type. For more decorative one, use the holiday Snowflake shape ones!
- a little bit of nutmeg, a pinch or 1/2 teaspoon
- Almond bark (I used both white and milk chocolate, separately)
- 1 one quart/pint plastic ziplock bag (depends on how much you're making)
- Some shrink wrap
- Place in the fridge to let them cool down.

Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, preferably glass, put in the marshmallow cream and peanut butter with a pinch of nutmeg. If the marshmallow cream is too hard to mix, heat it up in a microwave bowl for about 5-10 seconds. Too much is bad! Mix it up, either manually or use electric machine.

2. Pull out a piece of shrink wrap, about 1.5 foot long is good. Roll your peanutbutter cream into a sphere shape with your spatula if you can and pour it right in the center of the shrink wrap. Take care in doing this, because the shrink wrap is flimsy and if you move it too much, it'll waste your time and pbcream in pulling it apart.

3. CAREFULLY wrap the shrink wrap around the pbcream ball so that it looks like a sphere with frills sticking up on top of it. Make sure you twist the loose ends of the shrink wrap, trapping the pbcream in it. Now, take your quart sized, pint sized may do too ziplock bag. Put the ball of pbcream as close to the corner of the ziplock bag as you can. And twist the loose ends like how you did with the shrink wrap. Set it aside for now.

4. Get a cookie tray out, or anything you can lay the cookies on. Make sure it can be easily cleaned because it will get a little messy... maybe. Or spread shrink wrap/aluminum foil on the surface of your workspace.

5. Now take your prepared pbcream ball. Take a pair of scissors and cut the corner of the ziplock bag so you can squeeze the cream out in a controlled manner. You might need to poke a hole inside and puncture the shrinkwrap holding the pbcream. It's like squeezing frosting out. But this method is kinda easier for me. The trick is, squeeze and twist, squeeze and twist.

6. Lay your crackers flat with the salty side against the surface. Squeeze about a half a tablespoon of pbcream on it and put another cracker on top and GENTLY press down. If not, it'll crack! Repeat this for the entire box of crackers.

TIP: When stacking the crackers on top of each other, try not to put more than 3 on top of each other... because the pbcream is soft and might overflow if too much pressure is put on them.

7. Melt the almondbarks, 3 pieces at a time until smooth in the microwave. Take a spatula and a prepared cracker in each hand. CAREFULLY scoop and spread the chocolate on a side of the cracker, be sure that you don't burn yourself. Spread it around to make it even.

8. Lay them down on your clean surface. Cool and Enjoy.

TIP: I prefer to cool them down in the freezer right after I fill a full tray because it slightly hardens both the chocolate and pbcream. Not only does it taste better, it is cooled down faster and could be enjoyed quicker.

I hope you enjoy them!
Happy Holidays!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.