Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Original Fiction Authors!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Original Fiction Authors!
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Original Fiction Authors! 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 39
If you- or someone you know (feel free to 'share')- is an aspiring author in the genres of Scifi, Mystery-Thriller, Paranormal or Urban/Contemporary Fantasy, give my recently signed publishers a look. They are very welcoming, friendly and they allow you to be very hands-on and involved in every step of the process in creating your book. They are not a 'vanity publisher' that will print anything for anyone for a fee; they are legit, and wonderful, but feel free to research for yourself.

In my case, I didn't find them, they found me-- tripped over the book I have in the Amazon virtual shelves, liked it enough to want to represent me and my future works, and then moved heaven and earth via the internet to contact me . . . which in this case means tracking me down on FB. And when I researched them, I learned that they, unlike a lot of publishing houses, don't ask about 'writing credentials' until after they've read your manuscript. That's amazingly heartening if you're like me and you've not got so much as a creative writing workshop to your name. The 'big guys' usually do it the other way around, asking for credentials first before they want to see any writing from you. Boooooo *rageface*

Curiosity Quills Press

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/07/26 13:16 By Freya Ishtar.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Original Fiction Authors! 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 76
What great news. I was planning on writing a Sci-fi novel for NaNo this year. I will defiantly look into it. Well assuming I finish it.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Original Fiction Authors! 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
Wow, thanks for the head's up!

I'll definitely keep Curiosity Quills in mind for when I finally finish something! Hopefully NaNo won't kick my butt and take my name (again) this year!

Logged Logged

\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don\'t matter and those that matter don\'t mind.\" - Dr. Seuss

~Aubrey Simone~
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Original Fiction Authors! 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 39
You're welcome, guys. They're just a really wonderful crew to be a part of (and omg, they have the most amazing digital artist working on my cover art [Mirella Santana on deviantART]) OH, and--and-- as fanfiction writers who usually produce chapters one at a time rather than writing a story from beginning to end (I like to think of it as 'in bulk' XD), this might interest you- they run weekly serials on their site. So, if that appeals to you, you can query them in regards to writing a serial (which, either at the end of its run, or when you complete it, would be collected into one work and released as a novel).

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/07/26 15:18 By Freya Ishtar.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Original Fiction Authors! 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 76
That is interesting however, my writing started with original work and novels (unpublished of course) then moved to fanfiction. I was never good at putting out a story chapter by chapter. It just doesn't work that well for me. Anyway, again. Thanks for the info. I'll see what happens.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Original Fiction Authors! 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 21
Thanks for sharing Freya!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.