Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Tablet help: Looking for stoke sensative downloand
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Tablet help: Looking for stoke sensative downloand
GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Tablet help: Looking for stoke sensative downloand 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 27
Hello fellow Dokuga artists.

I'm working in photoshop with my tablet, but I lack a stoke sensitive ap...thing...

I've heard you can download something for this, but I don't know what or where. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you in advance.

~GreyEcho

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Nyx
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Tablet help: Looking for stoke sensative downloand 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Do you mean Pen Pressure?

Click on Windows then Brushes. I think the default shortcut is F5.

Check the Shape Dynamics checkbox and in Size Jitter click the box marked Control and set to Pen Pressure.

That should do it.

To keep that as the default click the little lock near Shape Dynamics.

Logged Logged

GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Tablet help: Looking for stoke sensative downloand 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 27
Yep I meant Pen Pressure. The Shape Dynamics is checked, and Pen pressure is selected... I think I'm just missing the pen control for my tablet and need to download it. There is a warning sign next to the drop down.

I just don't know where to find in correct download for it.

Logged Logged

Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Tablet help: Looking for stoke sensative downloand 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 16
It would help to know what kind of tablet you are using.

Most tablet companies have a website where you can DL the driver, which should include the pen pressure sensitivity adjustments. Your tablet can work WITHOUT it, but not the way it is supposed to.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/07/12 08:10 By Terri Delgado.

Nyx
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Tablet help: Looking for stoke sensative downloand 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
In that case you should follow Terri-tots' advice. The model number should be on the bottom of your tablet. Google is very helpful.

I had to uninstall the software for mine once and only the touch portion of it worked, the pen didn't work at all.

If the pen pressure works in Photoshop then stops next time you use it try restarting the program. I kept changing my preferences and had to do that every so often.

Logged Logged

GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Tablet help: Looking for stoke sensative downloand 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 27
Thank you two. Found the drivers.... sort of.. I have an extremely old tablet. Wacom CTE- 430. (around 12 years old)

But even the it wasn't working. Turns out I had to plug in my tablet directly to the computer using the USB ports in the back instead of the USB hub. -.- so happy to have it work, AND have my eraser back. Still messing with it as it doesn't seem to pick up the pressure fully but so much better. Thank you.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.