Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
It's Fundraising Time Again!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: It's Fundraising Time Again!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
It's Fundraising Time Again! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
Greetings Dokuga!!!

It’s that time of year again, when we come to our members with our hands out, begging for monetary support. This year is particularly tough, since we haven’t had the steady trickle we had last year.

As of now, we have $400.77 in our account.

We have the chat renewal coming up in July, and that will take around $200.00 of the current balance (I’m using my work computer right now, so I don’t have the exact amount at the moment).

We have hosting renewal coming up in August, to the tune of $234.00 per month. I haven’t received any notification of a change in rates - which is good - so we can assume that our hosting will be the same as the past two years. Yay!

BUT, we only have a couple months to raise a bunch of money to pay it in advance. If we fall short of the $2,808 that we need for a full year, it means that we’ll have to do fundraising again as the need arises.

Now, we realize that it’s summer and there’s LOTS of stuff to see and do that takes money. Still, we know that Dokuga is a big source of entertainment for a lot of you during the summer months as well. If you can see your way clear to spare us any amount, no matter how much, rest assured that it will be GREATLY appreciated!

Besides, I know a LOT of you are going to want to get your hands on the pretty, shiny new banner that r0o has for those who donate - monetarily or otherwise! For those who donated when r0o posted on DeviantArt, your banners will be inserted in the coming days. If anyone didn’t get their banner from the 2011/2012 drive, don’t hesitate to contact me and I’ll fix it.

In addition, your name will appear on the Supporter’s Page, along with a long list of distinguished, beloved donors. AND, the real payoff, Dokuga will continue to be here for all of our members for another year!

In case no one’s noticed, though, I feel the need to point out how secure and reliable our hosting has been in all the time we’ve been with our current provider, LiquidWeb. I can only remember ONE instance in the past year that we have been down for any length of time... and that was for about 10 minutes. These folks obviously know what they’re doing!

Anyway, please consider donating some of your hard-earned funds to our dear Dokuga so that we can go on hosting the best, most wonderful stories and art in the entire Sess/Kag world!

Thank you all from the bottom, top and even middle of my heart!!!

~~Wiccan~~
EDIT: Of course, I forgot to put where to go to donate!! Click on the "Supporters" link at the bottom of any page of the site, and you will see instructions on how to donate via PayPal. If you have any questions or problems, please contact me!

EDIT #2 - AND, I completely forgot that we have a number of EXTREMELY talented authors & artists signing up to provide gifts of either art or stories in return for your monetary contribution!!! Sheesh, how could I forget THAT? Now, if that's not incentive, I don't know what is!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/06/10 23:18 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: I give up?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

The administrator has disabled public write access.
sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:It's Fundraising Time Again! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 32
Are the art/story gifts only going to be available to those who donate now and not those who donated when rOo posted up on DevArt?

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:It's Fundraising Time Again! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
Not to worry, m'dear. I am making sure that ALL who donated to the 2012/2013 drive will be included!!

(As if I would leave YOU out of anything? BANISH the thought!)

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:It's Fundraising Time Again! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 32
just checking, because that would make me very sad....

and I am very pathetic when I am sad....I don't like being pathetic.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
NOOOOOOO!!!

We simply cannot have a pathetic SJS under ANY circumstances!

Never fear, m'dear, no sad, pathetic faces for you!!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

nightmareofcat
Pup
graphgraph
Re:It's Fundraising Time Again! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
do you have to have a paypal account to donate? id like to donate but i dont have a paypal account so was just asking how.

Logged Logged

the nightmare will return
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
nightmareofcat wrote:
do you have to have a paypal account to donate? id like to donate but i dont have a paypal account so was just asking how.

Please PM me and we'll talk about other ways, okay?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Roos
Pup
graphgraph
Re:It's Fundraising Time Again! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
A shout out from a lurker towards other lurkers.

As I told Wiccan in a private chat, we love Sesshy because he is one of the quiet ones (like us) and you never know what dirty details one can find in his closet (though being drop dead gorgeous and sexy to boot does not hurt... I mean the way he says 'Die.'... Is really to die for! ).
We love the authors for giving us our Sesshoumaru fix and we love Dokuga for giving us a place to share our mutual obsession/insanity/craving/hunger/babble/drabble/quirks/and more.

So show some support and donate. Does not have to be much and you do not even have to leave your lurker space for it but the admins donate so much of their time to keep this up and running (to keep us smiling, crying, laughing, dreaming, touched and cackling insanely) the least we can do is donate a little. So lurkers (and other dokuga-nians) unite!

Logged Logged
AnnaLuz
Pup
graphgraph
Re:It's Fundraising Time Again! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0

Logged Logged
Roos
Pup
graphgraph
Re:It's Fundraising Time Again! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3
Hi fellow lurker!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:It's Fundraising Time Again! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
My dear fellow Dokugians!!!

It with a heart full of gratitude that I announce that our annual fundraising drive has been successful! With a month left to go before the hosting was due, one of our anonymous angels gave us a donation that put us over the top!!

I know I still have some thanks to send out... and I'm late getting this news out to you. Unfortunately, the day after I received that very generous donation, my power went out. Then, for the next three days, internet was spotty at best. And, today, we even had an outage at work, so this is the first chance I've had to share it with you.

I will get around to acknowledging, either personally, or through my very dedicated and delightful assistant, 'Theia, all the outstanding donations left to be acknowledged. After that comes the list of people who still need their banners for this fundraising period. THEN, I send the list of donors off to our own, lovely Hairann for gift distribution - IF my internet stays with me just a while longer!!

As always, I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to all the Dokuga members, friends and supporters who've given so generously to keep our beloved site up and running. I can't possibly express my deep appreciation for all you do!!

~~Wiccan~~
PS - Can you tell I'm tired? Yeah, I'd like to express thanks but can't express appreciation? Sheesh!!! Anyway, hopefully, you all know what I meant...

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/07/09 23:59 By wiccanmethuselah.

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.