Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Lights Out - Then Blue
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Lights Out - Then Blue
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Lights Out - Then Blue 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 14
In a little over a week, people across the globe will be uniting in an effort to support action against climate change and bring awareness about the most important environmental message out there: we all live on this planet, we should take care of it. Since 2007 this event has occurred annually, beginning in Australia and taking off across the globe as people realize the amazing truth - that little actions can go a long way.

On March 31st I urge you to join me and thousands around the world as we turn our lights and all electronic devices out for one whole hour at 8:30PM (your time) - are you willing to make such a small sacrifice to help spread awareness in your heart, your home, your community, your planet?

Plan ahead and prepare to go to bed early (I know I could use the sleep!) or do what my family tends to do, light a couple candles and have a good conversation. Play charades or just enjoy getting to know one another again! You never know what might come up during Earth Hour! The first year we were all a bit confused as to what to do without electricity, but every year since we have come to look forward to this event and enjoy it immensely.

After the hour is over you can go back to living your life as you used to - but something tells me you won't want to. This event is not about saving electricity for one hour, but about planting an idea in the hearts and minds of human beings everywhere - that we are powerful together, and can make great changes for the betterment of our environment.

If you can, please spread the word to get more people involved!

For more information, please visit: Earth Hour Official Website

Now for a more personal request.

After you've spent the night in darkness, spending more time with your friends and family and reacquainting yourself with each other in a way that we tend to forget in modern times...

Turn your lights blue on April 1st and 2nd and remember those who may not be so fortunate as to be able to have a good conversation with their loved ones.

Approximately 1 in 100 children will be diagnosed with some form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) over the next year. This means that for every 4 first grade classrooms in America - at least one child will be diagnosed with an ASD.

In America, April is Autism Awareness Month. Worldwide, April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day.

Please take this time to spread awareness of this life changing disorder. If you do not know about autism, consider this a good time to educate yourself and others. (If you have any questions, feel free to ask!)

By lighting our homes, businesses, and monuments blue in support of World Autism Awareness Day, we cause people around the world to wonder "why were the lights blue today?" and seek that information - thus educating them on the realities of autism and what that means for us all.

For more information, please visit: Light It Up Blue Official Website | UN World Autism Awareness Day Official Website

Even if you do none of these things, thank you for taking the time to read this.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.