Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Quick question:
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Quick question:
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Quick question: 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 23
Hey all,

It's been awhile since I've been on here ^^; I've just gotten back into writing fanfiction and I plan on writing a Sesshoumaru/Kagome story BUT I'm kind of stuck at this one idea.

Lately I've been very interested in Oda Nobunaga and would like to write a story with him in it but I don't know if he would fit into the Inuyasha time frame.

I know Inuyasha takes place in Feudal Japan, which from my understanding was from 1185–1868, does anyone know what time period of the feudal era Inuyasha takes place in?

For the story I have in mind Oda Nobunga would take a good part in it-I'm just not sure if it would actually tie in well with the whole Inuyasha time zone. Ha

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated(also, my apologies if this is in wrong section)

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Quick question: 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 156
I don't think the time line is specified any further than the Sengoku period which is from 1467 to 1573... (but if anyone knows better please correct me!) Thus, the end of Sengoku jidai overlaps with Azuchi-Momoyama period, during which much of the unification took place.

I'd say run along with it. It is fanfiction after all, if we can stuck them into alternate universes, why couldn't you tweak Takahashi intended time line a bit (if there IS anything more specified than Sengoku period) to accommodate your plans!

Besides, wasn't there in the early anime episodes this guy with the clepto monkey? He was Nobunaga - though not Oda, like Kagome first assumed. So it's sorta already been done in canon, though as a gag. ;3

Logged Logged
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Quick question: 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 14
Okay let's just do some simple math here:

Assuming that Kagome was living in the mid-90's (as seems highly plausible) or beyond we'll go with 1995...

Assuming that everyone in the InuYasha story is not too far off with their guesstimation of 500 years from Kagome's time...

1995 - 500 = 1495

The Sengoku period of Japan lasted from the mid 15th century (1450ish) to the 17th century (1600ish). This is the time period Kagome is presumably within and it does match the math above.

Oda Nobunaga lived from 1534 to 1582.

Have fun.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Quick question: 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 23
Thank you both for replying.

I'm just lazy and terrible at math which is why I was like 'Ack >.<' for figuring it out.

Both of your answers helped, so thank you again for responding!

Chie, when I was looking into it before I did see some information on what you're mentioning but the reviews on the episodes or what I did find were kind of...unreliable I guess would be the best word to use. I didn't remember seeing that but I think I'll try and find it ^.^

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Quick question: 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 55
i'm doing a story with him in it as well, and i placed it close to a century after the whole naraku thing happened. So, technically, it could happen in Inuyasha's time, but getting Kagome there would be a different story.
Or, you can do a story during his time anyway because it's fiction, it's fun, and we'd love to read it!

Logged Logged

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Ha true ^.^

Also; Have you posted the story with him in it? I'd love to read it ^^(mainly because I've become interested in him and have been reading/watching anything with him in it).

It's kind of interesting to see what people portray him as, some people portray him as an evil being while others portray him as a nice or well not an evil being. I'm personally probably going to do the latter since from all that I've read on him...he doesn't seem evil at all.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/01/31 18:11 By PRVN.
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Quick question: 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 55
he is part of the story, however his part in it is more after he died and the escalation of war afterwards for the right to rule over what he had. i'm not portraying him as bad, more like someone with the idea to unify Japan (which he kinda started from what I gather) I believe it was his death that began the events leading to the end of the feudal age, and that's when the story is set

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/01/31 20:13 By cakeiton.

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Ah, alright. Sounds interesting ^^

Yep, he started it and two of his companions, I believe, were the ones that finished it. I don't know why people portray him as being evil, but ah well.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Quick question: 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 216
honestly there's a lot of canon fodder to go through, if you go by JUST the manga, then there are a few clue's as to WHEN the inuyasha story takes place, BUT RT was really a bit all over with it.

www.mangareader.net/226-16275-8/inuyasha/chapter-19.html
www.mangareader.net/226-16275-10/inuyasha/chapter-19.html

remember Nobonaga? he reacts to kagome's question about him being Oda in offense. as if Oda is a fool for wanting to unify Japan.

Oda himseld lived from June 23, 1534 – June 21, 1582, and was actively warring in the 1550's giver take.

so 1997 (inwhich kagome's falling down the well happens) - 1550's = only ~450 years not 500....

BUT again RT's very open with plot holes. so your pretty much a greenlight.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/01/31 20:35 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Thanks for posting links to when he is mentioned in the manga, ah those pages made me laugh a bit.

Yeah, that's where I got kind of confused because in some places it seems like it's in one time period and other times it seems somewhere else. But then it's also been a long time since I've actually read the Inuyasha manga or watched the anime so my memory is kind of fuzzy too.

Thanks again! I feel a little more confident in it now, I think I'll go with my idea ^^

Logged Logged
Sakura Dragon
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Quick question: 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 12
Here's my two cents (even though r0o astuteness strikes again ): I was also researching this for a fic because a date as exact as possible is very important for my plot and arrived at the date of 1547 - 1553 for the beginning of the manga since Oda Nobunaga was known as The Fool of Owari during hie teens because of his odd behavior but I think he outgrew the name (and the immaturity) when his mentor killed himself in 1553 because he was ashamed of Nobunaga. Just my take on the matter. Hope it's helpful.

Logged Logged

I claimed Bankotsu\'s braided hair in The Claim Game
\"A lie is more comfortable than doubt, more useful than love, more lasting than truth.\"
— Gabriel García Márquez
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.