Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Stop Online Piracy Act
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Stop Online Piracy Act
Tsuki Ai
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Stop Online Piracy Act 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
Thank you for all the information. I, too, read torrentfreak. I just want to say one thing: when I just check MegaUpload it came up perfectly fine so maybe your friend could try getting to it again? I know it was down earlier this week, but it seems to be running again.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Inkasha Taisho
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stop Online Piracy Act 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
Will Dokuga be down for the SOPA/PIPA blackout tomorrow?

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Stop Online Piracy Act 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
No.

As much as I support the blackout, we will not be attempting to bring the site down and back up in support. Let's face it, it's difficult enough for us to be up and running with only poor Mitharus as our programming expert... I don't even want to contemplate what that would take, nor do I feel like telling the host company that we only want it shut off for a day.

So, Dokuga will be up and running as usual!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Stop Online Piracy Act 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 91
I just confirmed with the head admin on AFF and AFF be up as well. Though the protest and goals are a great thing, we don't have the time or manpower (AKA our head Admin/Tech is too swamped) to down the site for the protest with all else going on.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stop Online Piracy Act 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 21
I think the blackout will be enough with other sites. Google will say something on it's homepage, Facebook MAY join...that alone will cause a chaos. I even read English Wikipedia will close down tomorrow... wow.

I've read around about safest ways to protect copyrights. I hope they use them instead.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/01/17 20:18 By JeniNeji.

Inkasha Taisho
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stop Online Piracy Act 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
Agreed. I was just wondering if there will be anything up tomorrow and I'm glad I come up just curl up with some fanfiction.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Stop Online Piracy Act 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
As a resident of the U.S., I have already sent emails to both of my U.S. Senators, and my U.S. Representative, protesting both SOPA and the House version, PIPA. In addition, I will be calling all three Washington, D.C. offices tomorrow to hammer home my point.

In the email, I alluded to Dokuga as an important site for aspiring writers and artists to hone their craft before an appreciative audience. I emphasized that some of our authors and artists have gone on to become published - which, necessarily, leads to jobs for editors, publishers, etc. I made it clear to them that, despite the fact that we are solely member-funded, with an all-volunteer staff, we take great pains to protect the copyrights of others.

I would strongly urge any of our members residing in the U.S. to do the same. Google your Senators and Representative in Washington to get their email addys and phone numbers. Every state has two Senators, and every person in the U.S. has a Representative in Congress. Email them, for sure, and call them if you can. Sites like ours stand to be the MOST affected by this legislation and its draconian measures if it passes in any form.

I've done my part... let's all join in, shall we?
:?
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Stop Online Piracy Act 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I have emailed both of my senators and my representative. I have also signed a petition. I am glad that others are doing so. Too often people take an apathetic approach to unfavorable legislation until it is too late.

I am happy that there is at least some good news. Congress is apparently listening. Many who previously supported SOPA or PIPA are now backpedaling. President Obama has stated publicly that he will not support either bill as written and vows to veto it if it comes across his desk. And at this point I don't think either the house or senate has enough votes to override a veto. I support the sites that are doing the blackout in protest. Hopefully it will get the attention of the holdouts who are still pushing these bills despite the objections raised by their constituents.

We have a voice. And if enough of us speak out, they will have to listen. If not, then it is time to speak with our votes. I know I won't be voting for anyone in favor of this blatant attempt at internet censorship. But I have to wonder... If it does pass... any bets on how long it takes someone to challenge the constitutionality?

For those of you who are interested in what effect the blackout is having so far.....

torrentfreak.com/pipa-sopa-co-sponsors-drop-like-flies-120118/

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/01/18 18:41 By Time on my hands.
The Hatter Theory
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
ACTA (similar to PIPA/SOPA) 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 14
A Bit About ACTA

I'm really beginning to dislike acronyms.

Logged Logged

I need something that will give me the stamina of a young werewolf, the vision of a shaman, the thoughts of a serial killer, and the gentleness of a hungry vampire bat.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.