Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Anne McCaffrey... she will be missed.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Anne McCaffrey... she will be missed.
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Anne McCaffrey... she will be missed. 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 31
Like many of us, I got my fanasty start when I was a pre-teen on the Dragon Riders of Pern. Anne McCaffrey's characters (Human, Dragon and Firelizard) touched me and helped me through a very dark and difficult time as I was growing up. She gave us MasterHarper Robinton who was the wise mentor with the easy smile, who always encouraged his students to reach beyond the limits others placed on you. So it is with a heavy heart that my hubby told me of this sad news. Rest in peace, madame. You have earned it. *sniffle*

Anne McCaffrey has died at 85

Now if you will excuse me, I think tonight is a drinking night now.... *goes to get her copy of the Dragonsong book and a bottle of rum*

*singing brokenly*
~The little queen all golden
Flew hissing at the sea
To stop each wave
Her clutch to save
She ventured bravely~~~~~~

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/11/22 18:59 By phishbon3s.

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

The administrator has disabled public write access.
AndesCat
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Anne McCaffrey... she will be missed. 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
Thank you for posting this. I am not one to pay attention to the news so might've not known till I took up summer reading again. Her books are a joy to read :/ Pern is left in good hands should her son choose to continue adding to it. I think I'll open up my ciroc for her

As she attacked the sea in rage
A holderman came nigh
Along the sand
Fishnet in hand
And saw the queen midsky.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/11/22 19:04 By AndesCat.
Kim
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Anne McCaffrey... she will be missed. 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 15
Let's not forget both her Damia and Acorna series, they were awesome as well! God Bless you Ms. McCaffrey, your books will keep you alive and well for many years to come in the hearts of your past, present, and future readers.

Logged Logged
laenfante
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Anne McCaffrey... she will be missed. 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
I had not heard until this. Thanks, Phishy, for sharing with those of us who didn't know.
My first fanfic was a Dragonrider piece, so I owe Ms McCaffrey a great deal for opening up a whole new family to me.

Fly free, dear Lady...

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.