Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Joplin, MO Tornado
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Joplin, MO Tornado
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Joplin, MO Tornado 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11
I just wanna ask everyone to keep Joplin, MO residents in their thoughts. They were hit by a major tornado the other day that struck a densely populated area of the town wiping out over a third of it. As a previous resident less than a year ago, I was happy to see that all of my friends and family were uninjured, but most of the city is still missing electricity and the entire city is on a boil order.

My boyfriend is among the current volunteers and I will be assisting with Tide's Load of Hope program in the following week.

I just wanted to ask everyone to keep the residents, volunteers, S&R, and any others effected by this tragedy in their thoughts.

Thanks

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Joplin, MO Tornado 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 55

keep them in your thoughts!! my best wishes for every one

Logged Logged

Nile
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Joplin, MO Tornado 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
I was just over there yesterday to pick up a friend of mine. Her home had been destroyed and I guess until assessors can get to her property, she is living with me.

My folks and I thought we would get something just as bad as we had a tornado a couple weeks ago in Centralia. It near ripped off my father's roof and still has tarps as these storms in the midwest the past 2 months have not been fun at all.

Prayers out to my STL area friends.

Logged Logged
1CarinoInu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Joplin, MO Tornado 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
My mom and grandmother live in Neosho, just south of Joplin. My mom works in Joplin, and the building she works in was thankfully missed. 10 out of 50 people showed for work the following day, the others either walked in or were able to call in.
Our church here in Southern California sent a crew with a portable kitchen on Monday. God willing, they'll make a difference.

Logged Logged
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Joplin, MO Tornado 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 58
The generosity in the surrounding communities has really been amazing. I've talked to quite a few displaced Joplin residents (I'm a stylist for a high volume salon about 45 min from there), and that's one thing they're all grateful toward. It's going to take years for the town to recover and rebuild, but they're off to a great start.

They still need:

Monetary Donations
Bottled Water/Hydrate (Gatorade, Vitamin Water)
Packaged snack foods (granola bars, trail mix, chex mix, power bars)
Baby products
Clothing
Toiletry items

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.