Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Scary/Creepy Stories?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Scary/Creepy Stories?
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Scary/Creepy Stories? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 26
Since Halloween is fast approaching, I thought it would be fun to share some scary/creepy stories that's happened to ourselves, families or friends. It could be anything, really; from ghost sightings to spiders under your pillow (it happens, believe me! DX).

Well, I've got a story about my cousin, but it might be a little too scary to start off with, so I'll start with something milder.

A few of years ago, a strange thing happened to me when I lived with my dad. In my room there was a TV (there was one in every room. XD), and I always turned it off before going to sleep. Anyway, one night, while lying in bed, I wasn't even there for five minutes before the TV just switched on and off repeatedly. As fast as anything, too! I sat in silence for a few minutes, just staring at it. Then I thought, "maybe I was lying on the remote", but when I saw it on the nightstand, I had to come up with another reason. So I thought, "okay, maybe the remote for the telly in the living room caused it." It could work on any TV, after all. So I got up and asked my mum about it. She said she hadn't been using the remote, but followed me in my room to try it out anyway. It did nothing... the remote hadn't been programed for that television, so it didn't work.

My mum asked me to show her what happened, but when I tried to turn the tv on and off like earlier... it wasn't the same. When I did it, it took a while for the picture to appear and clear up (it was an old tv). Earlier, however, when it turned on and off by itself, I could see the picture on the screen very clearly (I saw Martin from Frasier. I can't remember what he said, though, since I wasn't really paying attention). So that was kinda freaky. It didn't happen again, but I'm convinced my dad's house is haunted. There's been a few strange things that's happened there...

So, what weird things have happened to you/someone you know?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Brenna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
oh gosh thats freaky.
A year ago I was laying in my room watching tv with the door close and as a show was coming on I heard the door knob turn like my door was locked. I ignored it at first because I thought it was something on tv, as I dont watch the show that often and was unsure, so i kept watching and one minute later it did it again, I got up to see if it was my dad or step mother whom always had an issue with me closing my door, as I opened the door no one was there. I freaked out and ran to my dad and step mothers room and told my dad all about it, he told me to show him what happened and I couldnt do it without locking my door, which at the time was not locked when the event happened.... it was freaky!

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 39
I currently live in the house of my reputedly psychic great grandmother. She passed when I was only 4, but as a young child I was brought to see you nearly every day and so far, I've been the only one to show a 'sensitivity' (not nearly as strong as hers, but still stronger than other members of our family). When I saw her, it was always the same, she was laid up in bed in jammies and a thick, brown men's bathrobe. I do think I'm a little better prepared for it when strange things happen, as I was raised with a healthy respect for the supernatural & am by choice pagan.

On with the weirdness . . . one night I was home pretty much by myself (hubby was at work, only had one child at the time, but he was sleeping at the other end of the house). I was on the phone with the hubby when I glanced up and in the frontroom/den of the house it's dark, but out of the corner of my eye I see the figure of a woman in a sea green dress. I mean, if it had just been a shadow, I would have written it off, but sea green is a vivid color, especially in a dark room. So I call my mother and ask if gra'ma had a sea green dress. I was then told yes, and it had been her favorite. I kind of went ' . . . okay' and went about whatever I'd been doing. About a year after this incident, my mother gave me pictures from her wedding reception of my gra'ma dancing and one of my father's parents (who at this point have both passed away). In the photo of my great grandmother she's wearing the sea green dress and in the pic of my dad's parents, she's in the background but facing the camera and staring dead at it. I kind of felt my heart stutter for a second when I saw it.

(There had originally been a lot more to this, but I felt like I was hogging up the thread )

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/10/26 07:19 By Freya Ishtar.
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 15
Can't say if this is scary or creepy, so I will leave it up to you all.

At my grandmother's house we always see shadows, even when people are not there. Like for example one time I was sitting at the kitchen table talking to my aunt, she got up suddenly and walked to the back door. I asked her what was wrong and she said she saw a man and she thought he would be at the back door.
Or things will move in the house...like picture frames, the window shades, my uncle's toy cars and so on.

Here is another one my friend told me about.
Last year or so a woman crashed in front of his house and died, and now everyone in the neighbor claims to see the woman standing on the curb were she died at the same exact time she crashed.

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 26
Brenna wrote:
oh gosh thats freaky.
A year ago I was laying in my room watching tv with the door close and as a show was coming on I heard the door knob turn like my door was locked. I ignored it at first because I thought it was something on tv, as I dont watch the show that often and was unsure, so i kept watching and one minute later it did it again, I got up to see if it was my dad or step mother whom always had an issue with me closing my door, as I opened the door no one was there. I freaked out and ran to my dad and step mothers room and told my dad all about it, he told me to show him what happened and I couldnt do it without locking my door, which at the time was not locked when the event happened.... it was freaky!

Wow, that must have been scary. I'd hate for something to mess with my door.

Freya Ishtar wrote:
I currently live in the house of my reputedly psychic great grandmother. She passed when I was only 4, but as a young child I was brought to see you nearly every day and so far, I've been the only one to show a 'sensitivity' (not nearly as strong as hers, but still stronger than other members of our family). When I saw her, it was always the same, she was laid up in bed in jammies and a thick, brown men's bathrobe. I do think I'm a little better prepared for it when strange things happen, as I was raised with a healthy respect for the supernatural & am by choice pagan.

On with the weirdness . . . one night I was home pretty much by myself (hubby was at work, only had one child at the time, but he was sleeping at the other end of the house). I was on the phone with the hubby when I glanced up and in the frontroom/den of the house it's dark, but out of the corner of my eye I see the figure of a woman in a sea green dress. I mean, if it had just been a shadow, I would have written it off, but sea green is a vivid color, especially in a dark room. So I call my mother and ask if gra'ma had a sea green dress. I was then told yes, and it had been her favorite. I kind of went ' . . . okay' and went about whatever I'd been doing. About a year after this incident, my mother gave me pictures from her wedding reception of my gra'ma dancing and one of my father's parents (who at this point have both passed away). In the photo of my great grandmother she's wearing the sea green dress and in the pic of my dad's parents, she's in the background but facing the camera and staring dead at it. I kind of felt my heart stutter for a second when I saw it.

(There had originally been a lot more to this, but I felt like I was hogging up the thread )

Ohh, a spirit sighting! That must have been terrifying - at first, anyway. I imagine since it was someone you know, you wouldn't have been so scared afterward. My dad's girlfriend saw her father in her room after he died, and she spoke to him calmly, telling him to go into the light. She didn't see him again after that. But yeah, I think seeing that photo would have stopped me cold, too. O_O

And feel free to write more. I'm interested in the supernatural.

Miss Anna S wrote:
Can't say if this is scary or creepy, so I will leave it up to you all.

At my grandmother's house we always see shadows, even when people are not there. Like for example one time I was sitting at the kitchen table talking to my aunt, she got up suddenly and walked to the back door. I asked her what was wrong and she said she saw a man and she thought he would be at the back door.
Or things will move in the house...like picture frames, the window shades, my uncle's toy cars and so on.

Here is another one my friend told me about.
Last year or so a woman crashed in front of his house and died, and now everyone in the neighbor claims to see the woman standing on the curb were she died at the same exact time she crashed.

Moving objects? Well, I hope it's a friendly spirit, and it doesn't move anything important... because that could get a bit bothersome. XD And that second one sounds very creepy. I think something like that would have me obsessively staring out the window. >_>

Any more creepy/weird stories?

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 39
Okay, well one I can add right off is another story from back when we had just the one child. It was early in the morning and my husband had just gotten up to shower for work and I closed my eyes and was trying to go back to sleep. It must have been a good few minutes later, I was still wide awake and I felt like someone had come into the room- you know that very distinct feeling when someone is near you- I honestly thought I was going to open my eyes and my son Alex was going to be standing there. Nobody's there so I get up and go through the house, my husband was still in the shower and Alex was sound asleep.

The second one that always sticks with me no matter what has happened before or since was this thing that happened when I was like 18/19. My friends and I are all into the paranormal, even back then, so we decide we're all fearless investigators and we are going to go poke our noses around Hammerstein house- Hammerstein of Rogers & Hammerstein, he built the house as a vacation home for his wife and the place has been close down for decades and damn near burned down twice. Since his death, people in the neighborhood swear they see Hammerstein walking the streets near the home.

I'd been there once before and had walked through damned near the whole house except the basement 'cause I couldn't figure out where the cellar door was. That first time nothing at all happened. This second time was about 2 years later and I wasn't expecting anything to happen. I am leading the way into the house and we hadn't gotten that far in, I'm in a door way that looks into a front hall/foyer type of area and I look up, the whole place is pitch black (none of us geniuses thought to bring a flashlight) and up high at the other end of this room I see just like a shaft of light shining down on a banister. As I'm staring at this light I started hearing the sound of water dripping, but it's really exaggerated- like in tv shows when someone's trying to sleep and they can't 'cause the faucet is leaking so the sound is emphasized for the audience to hear it the way the character does. Now while I'm seeing and hearing this I can tell something is going on around me, but it's distant and I can't focus on anything but the light on the banister and the sound of the water dripping.

Apparently we'd been spotted 'sneaking' onto the property by security guards (understand I'm not condoning trespassing- we'd thought the property was abandoned and honestly hadn't been 'sneaking' if we had, we probably wouldn't have been caught). I can sort of hear them yelling at my friends and I can feel my friend Vanessa directly behind me tapping my shoulder and trying to get me to run into the house further 'cause she was sure they hadn't seen the two of us and they didn't know how many of us there were. But I couldn't budge, there was no other word for the state I was in but to call it transfixed. So V ends up having to tug me out of the room by my elbow. Even though I had been aware of everything I really wasn't capable of responding to anything until I was out of that room.

We were let off with a warning because we lived in the area. I have no idea why I saw and heard what I did, but I will never forget that feeling of just being stuck.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/10/31 18:54 By Freya Ishtar.
Atailpha
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
I have a few.

One was when I was about 10. I was staying the night at a friends house with another friend of ours. For the fun of it, my friend's older sister suggested doing a seance. being as young as we were, we all agreed. So we are sitting in a circle around the candles. We had our hands touching, our legs crossed indian-style. My friend's sister is going through trying to call forth the spirit of their recently departed grandfather. For some reason that to this day I still do not know why, but I opened my eyes and looked at the candles. The candles were flickering wildly. I gasped loudly, breaking everyone's concentration. The minute everyone opened their eyes, the candles stopped flickering. That same night we kept hearing banging sounds around various parts of the house.

The second was a few years after that when I was about 13-14 years old. I was at this same friends house for another sleepover. And we had a fixation with playing "mind games" such as 'light as a feather, stiff as a board.' This one particular one really has no name. We had played it dozens of times. But this one time was different. The idea of the game is this: This is best played in the dark. One person (person A) lays their head in the another person's lap (Person . While person A counts back from 100, Person be rubs the temples of person A as they lay in their lap. Once Person A reaches 1, Person B begins asking questions such as "what do you see" and so forth. If there is any reason that could cause harm to a person in real life, it is time to "wake up" that person from their trance. For example, if the person sees a man trying to attack them, wake them up because the effects of getting attacked in that state can cause a person to go into shock or worse.
So anyways, it was my turn to be "person A." I had my head in my friends lap and everything was going normal. However, I got to about 80, when I started seeing visions, something really unusual. I saw what started as a small pinprick that slowly moved closer. As it got closer, I saw it was a green-tindged skull. I stopped counting as was terrified of what I saw. I couldn't wake up on my own, and I couldn't communicate that I needed to be woken up. If it were not for the fact I stopped counting and I hadn't suddenly gone very stiff (as my friend said), I do not know what would have happened. I have not played that game since then, nor will I "perform" it on others.

Another was when I saw my cat who had, at the time, long since passed. She was the only real dark colored cat we had (she was a tabby cat. Our other cat was a calico with tones of white on her and was easy to see in the dark.) I am walking around upstairs in the dark trying to sneak food from the fridge for a snack. I see a cat slink around the corner of the chair I was standing near, almost like a shadow, but it looked solid and very dark. When I looked again it was gone. I would have blown it off, but I could almost feel the air blow as the cat went by.

Logged Logged

Atailpha Claims the Occupation Master Dokugareers Moniter, with the tool of my daring wit!

\\\"When life gives you lemons, go write a fan fiction.\\\"

(See more quotes on my profile!)
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 39
This happened just last night, maybe about 2:30 AM. I wake up out of nowhere and hear what sounds like a child's footsteps coming down the hall and seeming to go into my oldest son's room and the distinct sound of a drawer opening (the boys are all sleeping in the living room, on the weekends they like to act like they're having a sleeping over and there's no mistaking the sound of Alex's dresser drawers opening, it is very loud and, as stated, very distinct). Now, my husband hops out of bed- mind you, I wasn't even aware he was awake- and goes to check it out. I, going 'he heard it, too?', go and follow him. Alex's door is closed and the lights off, we check the bathroom (which is directly across from Alex's room), nobody, my husband even checks the locks on the front door to be certain it wasn't a break in. Nothing. We go and check on the boys, and it looks like all 3 are asleep- even the dog is passed out. We conference and realize we both heard the exact same thing. We check again and find that Alex is awake. He tells us he went to the bathroom, so we look at each other and just go '.... Okay, that must have been what it was.'

This morning, I hear Alex go into the bathroom and I can hear him walk to the bathroom, close the door, open it again and walk back to the living room. And the boy is 12 years old- 5'1 and about 100lbs, his footsteps sound very different from this of our 4 and 7 year olds. I let this go for a bit, but just now I said to my husband, 'ya know, I just heard Alex going into the bathroom and it didn't sound anything like what I heard last night'. I described again what I'd heard and my husband is like 'that's what I thought I heard, too'. And we realized with how quick he'd bolted out of bed, he would have either smacked into Alex as the boy was coming out of the bathroom, or at least would have seen him going back into the living room. So I could only say 'those sounded like little kid footsteps, not Alex's' to which he adds 'it couldn't have been the dog, he was asleep, too and we would have hear his claws' (Shadow freaks out at having his claws clipped or trimmed, so they're rather long and you can hear them click against the tiles or the wood floors [we have no carpets] whenever he takes a single step). I said 'whatever it was, I know I heard little footsteps coming down the hall and one of Alex's drawers being opened, but I didn't hear any walk away.' All he can say (since we're still discussing it, lol) is 'Neither did I.'

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/29 09:36 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: Typo
Coastin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/08/06 01:29 By Coastin.
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
Oh... you want to hear scary stuff, do you?

I'll go with something mild...

One day, on our way to my grandmother's house, we stopped at this little gas station in the middle of nowhere Texas. Mom had been complaining that she needed to go to the bathroom for hours. When we got there I had a weird feeling and said I would rather stay in the car. Dad and my sister went in to the store to get some drinks, to which I said I didn't want anything. I felt sick to my stomach. (I don't suffer from car sickness so that was odd.) Mom got the key to the bathroom and practically ran... only to come back looking pale a few moments later. She returned the key and got back into the car without a word.
We drove on for several miles, an odd silence filling the car as both Mom and I were really unwell. The further away from that place we got the better it seemed to be, though, and by the time we arrived it was as if nothing had happened.
Until we saw the news that night. A young woman was murdered in that bathroom less than 4 minutes after we left.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Did you and your mom ever discuss the incident afterwards?

And pfft, who wants mild? Gimme whatcha got!

Logged Logged
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Freya Ishtar wrote:
Did you and your mom ever discuss the incident afterwards?

And pfft, who wants mild? Gimme whatcha got!

It took a long time for my mother, sister, and I to finally start accepting that there was something weird that was passed on in our family.

Mom has lucid dreams that often predict future events.
My sister mostly had experiences like things moving, seeing something out of the corner of her eye, feeling like someone is watching her, etc.

I got the brunt of it apparently.

I only vaguely remember having long conversations with people at night when I was a child. I also remember a little dog running down the hallway and in between the beds of the room my sister and I shared in my grandparent's home.

I later learned that my dad had a dog as a kid, a little dachshund, who was only allowed in the hallway and occasionally in my dad's room. I didn't know about the dog prior to that.

Most of what I write about in Apartment 5B is not made up. A lot of it is from personal experience. (Which is why I'm not revealing too much here! )

One day, however, the week of my 12th birthday... things changed. I'm still not sure if it was for better or for worse.

My birthday was a weekday that year. I remember I had just started learning to cook on my own and was really excited because Mom said I could bake my own birthday cake. We were going to have a little family celebration that weekend when everyone was out of work and school.

On the morning of my birthday (I was born early in the morning.) I woke up feeling like someone was watching me and turned to see an older man smiling at me. He said "You don't need this anymore." and I didn't really understand what he meant but when he pet me on the head I felt safe and went back to sleep.

Saturday comes around and I am just finishing the final touches on my birthday cake. Some gaudy little pink thing. I was very proud and couldn't wait to have my party. While I was putting the icing on the phone rang. After I left the cake to go ask my family if they were ready for dinner I noticed Dad and Mom sitting on the couch.
Dad was crying. Dad never cried.

He told my sister and I to pack some things and we did as we were told, not really sure what was happening. We all got into the car and Mom locked up the house... my cake was left on the table. We drove off and finally, hours later, they told us what happened.

Dad's grandfather had passed away. On my birthday. At the exact time of my birth.

Haven't had a birthday party since. Haven't had a visitor since.

Now I just occasionally get bad feelings or see something out of the corner of my eye. Nothing major.

*waits for the crazy looks*

Logged Logged
Alina
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok, this is not really creepy, just weird, in a way, anyway, here we go:

I've had a sort of strange childhood, my mother just drop me to my granparents short after I was born because I was not my fathers' daughter so I lived there since I was 10, then I went in a "Family school" (which here in Italy is a school from kindergarden to high school with dorms for children without parents or with difficult familiar situation).

Obviously I have been really close to my gradma, who came to pass away in november 2009. In February 2010 I took my first son to the sea for a couple of days, I had just wake up, it was about 7 in the morning and I was debating if I could stay perhaps a few day more, while fetching breakfast.

Then I felt suddenly reeeeally weak I sat down on the couch and I felt my grandmother sitting in front of me, on a chair next to the table, I could see her squeezing my eyes a bit.

Then she simply smiled ad told me to go home the very same day, and take care, she hugged me and disappeared.
Later that day I came home, the next day I discovered I was pregnant with my second one.

The pregnancy went quite well, and my second one, a girl, was born 3 weeks earlier, October the 6th, which was my grandmother's birthday.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Zandrellia- no crazy looks from me, my great grandmother ( the one who's house i now live in) was extraordinarily psychic, and I was very close with her when I was young- I was only 4 when she passed away, but when you spend practically every day with someone, 4 years is a long time. My mom always tries to play at have feelings about things, but most of the time it's just her common sense talking. I would never be bold enough to proclaim myself as 'psychic', but I know I'm sensitive to things that other people just can't pick up on and even though I had a bit of that growing up and I occassionally had prophetic dreams, it didn't really kick into high gear until I moved into her house so I always kind of wonder if this has to do with my gram'ma- like was I so close with her by her choice 'cause she sensed something of that in me, or is it possible she somehow willfully passed some of her gift down to me, specifically, because we were close?

And this is both why I started the haunted challenge and why I love the scenes from your Apartment 5B story. I remember as a child laying in bed and out of nowhere it would feel like a hand clamped down on the top of my head and shoved me down the length of the bed. The light in my room would switch off by itself whenever I started falling asleep, things like that happened all the time. There was one night when I was about 18 that I saw a shadow figure crouching beneath my window, seeming to be staring at me. I would have thought I was imagining it, but I had a friend sleeping over at the time, who'd I'd thought was sleeping until she startled me by saying 'what is that?' when I looked at her, she was looking in the same place I was, and then it was just gone.

I think things like this are the reason I just... I almost feel like a story is incomplete if there isn't some supernatural/paranormal in it. My husband thinks it's weird that I'm all hung up on Asian supernatural horror films, but I just sometimes feel like they're the only ones worth watching.

Alina- my great grandmother walked up to my parents as they were walking out of the church from just getting married and said to my mother (in a thick Ukranian accent) "in two years, you will have little girl" and sure enough, 2 years later my sister was born .

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/29 18:32 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: Typo
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Freya Ishtar wrote:
Zandrellia- no crazy looks from me, my great grandmother ( the one who's house i now live in) was extraordinarily psychic, and I was very close with her when I was young- I was only 4 when she passed away, but when you spend practically every day with someone, 4 years is a long time. My mom always tries to play at have feelings about things, but most of the time it's just her common sense talking. I would never be bold enough to proclaim myself as 'psychic', but I know I'm sensitive to things that other people just can't pick up on and even though I had a bit of that growing up and I occassionally had prophetic dreams, it didn't really kick into high gear until I moved into her house so I always kind of wonder if this has to do with my gram'ma- like was I so close with her by her choice 'cause she sensed something of that in me, or is it possible she somehow willfully passed some of her gift down to me, specifically, because we were close?

And this is both why I started the haunted challenge and why I love the scenes from your Apartment 5B story. I remember as a child laying in bed and out of nowhere it would feel like a hand clamped down on the top of my head and shoved me down the length of the bed. The light in my room would switch off by itself whenever I started falling asleep, things like that happened all the time. There was one night when I was about 18 that I saw a shadow figure crouching beneath my window, seeming to be staring at me. I would have thought I was imagining it, but I had a friend sleeping over at the time, who'd I'd thought was sleeping until she startled me by saying 'what is that?' when I looked at her, she was looking in the same place I was, and then it was just gone.

I think things like this are the reason I just... I almost feel like a story is incomplete if there isn't some supernatural/paranormal in it. My husband thinks it's weird that I'm all hung up on Asian supernatural horror films, but I just sometimes feel like they're the only ones worth watching.

I always hated that word, 'psychic'. It implies too much control. This kind of stuff isn't something you can turn on and off. It either happens or it doesn't.

Honestly, I usually don't tell anyone these things because then people are always coming to you for answers.

Once, I did a tarot reading at this school I was in.
I only did one of them, and that's because she really needed it. Turns out people had been accusing her boyfriend of cheating on her and they said he got some other girl pregnant. Well, the cards said otherwise so I suggested that maybe she should look into a paternity test. They did and sure enough, it wasn't his.
I had so many people asking after that. I didn't even know them! (I didn't know that girl, either. She was a friend of a friend.)

I don't go seeking these kinds of things, mostly because they feel kind of empty and hollow. I don't feel creeped out at ghost stories. Usually I end up laughing.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
I'm actually pretty open about it, but the saving grace is that I'm not much of a people person, so I really only discuss these type of things with people I'm close to, and I'm only close to people I really click with and that list is very short- oddly (or perhaps it's not odd at all) I only seem to click with people that have had similar sorts of experiences to what I've seen.

I had something like that happen once, but it was with rune stones not tarot cards. I didn't know what the girl was asking (was my friend's gf), 'cause it's all on them to concentrate on their question as they're choosing the stones for their reading. So I turn the stones over and start the reading and I was like 'oh.... Crap', 'cause the stones told me he was cheating on her, which she confessed after the reading- with a kind of shaken look- was what she wanted to know, and she confronted him later and he admitted to it. I kinda had a knack for them, being able to tell easily what people's questions were and all that, just sort of knowing how the meaning of this stone or that one applied to the querrant, but one day I brought my runes and one of our sort of 'fringe' friends asked for a reading. I always kind of took it easy on the kid, he had a dark feeling about him, but he was younger than us and- is to this day- a bit mentally troubled (and, yes, I mean that in a dark way, too). I said okay, laid out the stones and stressed to him over and over not to actually touch them when selecting the stones for his reading. So of course, he touches them. Something snapped and I was just furious with his kid. I put everything away, tried to cleansed the stones when I got home, but they never quite worked right again.

Me, too- I find a lot of 'ghost stories' funny... OMG, like every time I am watching a show and some fool points to seeing an orb as 'you see, there was a ghost right there' I don't know if I want to laugh, cry or slam my head against a hard surface. I watch the Asian supernatural horror movies 'cause I'm always looking for something that can strike that cord in me of 'I know what that sensation feels like' and American supernatural horror movies are just crap.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/29 19:25 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: Typos
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Freya Ishtar wrote:
I'm actually pretty open about it, but the saving grace is that I'm not much of a people person, so I really only discuss these type of things with people I'm close to, and I'm only close to people I really click with and that list is very short- oddly (or perhaps it's not odd at all) I only seem to click with people that have had similar sorts of experiences to what I've seen.

I had something like that happen once, but it was with rune stones not tarot cards. I didn't know what the girl was asking (was my friend's gf), 'cause it's all on them to concentrate on their question as they're choosing the stones for their reading. So I turn the stones over and start the reading and I was like 'oh.... Crap', 'cause the stones told me he was cheating on her, which she confessed after the reading- with a kind of shaken look- was what she wanted to know, and she confronted him later and he admitted to it. I kinda had a knack for them, being able to tell easily what people's questions were and all that, just sort of knowing how the meaning of this stone or that one applied to the querrant, but one day I brought my runes and one of our sort of 'fringe' friends asked for a reading. I always kind of took it easy on the kid, he had a dark feeling about him, but he was younger than us and- is to this day- a bit mentally troubled (and, yes, I mean that in a dark way, too). I said okay, laid out the stones and stressed to him over and over not to actually touch them when selecting the stones for his reading. So of course, he touches them. Something snapped and I was just furious with his kid. I put everything away, tried to cleansed the stones when I got home, but they never quite worked right again.

Me, too- I find a lot of 'ghost stories' funny... OMG, like every time I am watching a show and some fool points to seeing an orb as 'you see, there was a ghost right there' I don't know if I want to laugh, cry or slam my head against a hard surface. I watch the Asian supernatural horror movies 'cause I'm always looking for something that can strike that cord in me of 'I know what that sensation feels like' and American supernatural horror movies are just crap.

Ohhh... I hate, hate, hate, HATE when people touch my cards.

My poor cards. My sister allowed her children to play with them one day while I was at work. It was so depressing. They, too, have never worked the same again. A friend sent me another deck but I just don't feel it with these ones.

Ahahaha... I would LOVE to watch shows like Ghost Hunters with you. That is my funny time. They are all walking through the dark of some old historic place with creepy wax figures and start getting all weirded out. "Something is there!" I just crack up. I love how nothing ever happens when the cameras are rolling. It's always when someone is gone. lol

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
OMG! Yes lmao! Have you ever watched this show called My Ghost Story? That one is the worst for people pointing out orbs, or better yet, they break out the picture that supposedly has some image in it that you can't see even after they specifically highlight where it's supposed to be. So sad. Like literally I believe one, maybe two stories out of like 10 episodes, and that's only 'cause I get that 'vibe' that the person is being sincere and their evidence is more than an orb, or some unintelligible noise on an old tape recorder.

There was only one clip I really liked from it (wasn't even the whole episode, 'cause the dude on just before was one of those 'all people into the occult must be evil because I don't understand it' types, and concluded that some weird things happening to him were the fault of this guy he knew that was curious about that stuff. Ugh, anyways, the part that got me was this clip about weird goings on on the set of this silent black and white movie that was shot in like 2008 called Return to Babylon. It wasn't so much everything that the cast was saying, it was more the 'coincidences' that had to line up for the director to even be able to shoot that film, and the fact that all sorts of special effects, photography and film experts have poured over the footage from this film and none of them can account for the anomalies that appear in the film- literally things that are ther in just a single frame and gone the next. Some of the images were intriguing enough that it inspired me to incorporate similar imagery into an early chapter of my Stealing Heaven story. Other stuff later on in the fic was picked out of my own experiences (like sight-related things, feelings, instinctive knowledge about certain stuff), but I put a disclaimer on the specific chapter with the Babylon inspiration, didn't feel right otherwise.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/29 20:37 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: Correction
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 24
When I was six or seven, my parents and I were living in a fairly old house that we had just moved into. It was a quiet neighborhood but we liked it at the time, but it wasn't long before I had gotten scared out of my wits.

It was night time and we were all in the family room watching television when my mom told me to grab her a hair clip from her room. Happily, I jumped off the sofa and skipped into her room without bothering to turn the lights on. I wasn't afraid of the dark. So I reached to the top of my mom's vanity dresser and grabbed the first one I saw before heading back out, but something I saw out of the corner of my eye made me stop. I turned around and noticed a tall man standing in the far corner of the room with his head down. He had dark hair and was dressed in a tux and he just didn't move. Curiously, I just stared at him. Then, he looked up and gave me one of the most sinister smiles I have ever seen in my life. I felt a little scared, but I still continued staring at him. Then, slowly, he put both hands over his ears... and pulled his head clean off his neck! I screamed, but I couldn't move... and then he tossed his head onto the floor until it rolled and hit my foot. I dropped the clip and took off running in hysterics but when my parents went to check, he was gone and I never saw him again. I tell you though, ever since that day, I can't be in the dark without freaking out a little.

The icing on the cake though, was that weird things started happening after that day. Shadows in our kitchen of a figure walking back and forth but no one was there. The sound of gunshots from our very own backyard but no one was there. And the random fire that blazed in my room late one night out of no where. If I hadn't woken up because of how bright the fire was, we would have all burned in the house. Needless to say, we moved out of there pretty quickly seeing as how he was NOT friendly.

Logged Logged

Anna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
Man, I feel like children are really sensitive to 6th sense kind of things. Probably because they're still so open minded and relatively unarmored. To this day I'm still really traumatized by a few occurrences that happened when I was younger. Even at the ripe age of 20, I still sleep with a nightlight, and when my roommate leaves for nights, I either force my kitty to sleep in my room (he loves it, it's the only time I'll let him cuddle me in bed) or go to my other roommates room and beg to stay there.

I remember this one instance really clearly, I wasn't really afraid of the dark before I was 8. A few occurrences surrounded this, first, my parents were given this old dynasty vase from one of their business partners. The guy gave us papers that validated it's authenticity, cause supposedly it belonged to some dead king and was buried with him, passed around in the black market, then was confiscated by some authorities, then sold in the 'white' market. I remember feeling really creeped out by the vase, since it had this hideous dragon carved onto it. My mother put it in a case in the family room. The following months after we got the vase, our family dynamic was getting weird. I remember that accidents would happen in our new house all the time, like my dad would be in our basement and the fuse would blow out, my mother would be depressed all the time for no reason, and have no energy.

One night, I was sleeping in my bedroom when I just got a really scared feeling, like something ominous was like, I can't really describe it other than hovering in my personal bubble. The hair on my arms were standing up, and I couldn't stop trembling. It's a very different feeling then when I get nightmares and would just freak myself out in my mind. This was a very visceral experience. So I ran to my parents room, and they allowed me to sleep between them. I was kind drifting off to sleep, when I was just suddenly woken. And I can swear that I was seeing this weird dragon like shape circling in my parents bedroom. It just had a really negative energy, and I was just frozen. I couldn't scream, couldn't move, and was just generally having a mini panic attack. I finally managed to wake my mom, and she just said "Omg, what is that black shape?" My dad was then woken and was like "I don't see anything". But the dragon shape was just slithering there. My mom is a Christian so she grabbed her rosary and just started praying, at this point, I was sobbing and screaming at it to leave, when our lightbulb, which wasn't even on, just exploded.

After this occurrence, my mom freaked out, and got our pastor to come over and bless our house and the grounds. We gave away the vase, cause we didn't want anything to do with it, not even any of the money. I can't really explain what happened, but since then, I've seen some weird shit, and my mom has become pretty sensitive to her sense, I suppose. I just think, there's so much out there that we can't explain, some people may not believe, but I rather just leave the spiritual world alone. Even at the age where my friends messed around with Ouija boards and seance's, I would absolutely refuse. I dont' know if what I experienced was something 'true' or just a little kid's really scary imagination, but I don't think I'd ever want to take the chance...

D: Scary stuff huh...

Logged Logged
PhoenixBlade
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Scary/Creepy Stories? 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
Although I've never really had an ghostly experiences or seem to remember any (despite my religion being so involved with the spirit world), I had a coworker who told me about her grandson who could see them. Apparently, when her daughter, her daughter's husband and 5 year old moved up to Minnesota, they purchased an old, but still in good condition house in a neighborhood some 10 or 15 minutes away from my coworker's house. The house came cheap so they moved in right away, but her grandson was reluctant to move in. He had a bad feeling about the place, but his parents had written it off as him not being used to moving to a new area. Yet as time went on, they began to notice that their son refused to go to the bathroom alone, and when his mother or father was with him in there, he'd always cover his ears and close his eyes. He never wanted to go to his room because he'd have to pass the bathroom and was always hesitant about coming home from my coworker's place when she was babysitting him.

Eventually, one day, my coworker's daughter had taken him to the bathroom and he as usual, he covered his ears. She finally asked him why he was doing that and he told her that "She's screaming really loud because he's killing her." My coworker's daughter got spooked and she and the husband finally decided to check up on the house's history and saw that one of the previous owners of the house had lost his job and killed his whole family when he came home. He had killed his kids first in their room (which was the parents' bedroom) and then his wife while she was showering and then killed himself. They immediately moved out afterwards. freaky...

Can you imagine what this little kid would have done if he had entered his parent's bedroom or had their bedroom as his and seeing the father kill his kids? *shivers*

Logged Logged
PhoenixBlade
Pup
graphgraph
Another story I remembered from the same coworker. So her grandkids are apparently very sensitive to the paranormal. The same grandson from before, when he used to visit my coworker's other daughter's house, he never wanted to use the bathroom because he said that there was an old guy sitting on the toilet. They checked out the history of the house and the daughter of the previous owner had said that her father had passed away on toilet. They got a picture of the old man and asked my coworker's grandson how the old man looked and he explained how the man looked right on the dot. They never showed him the picture.

Last one...for now, my coworker has had her house (in which she grew up in) for many years and recently, the light in one of her upstair's room wasn't working, yet the fan was on for some reason. They had an electrician come in to to check it, and even though the electricity flowing to it had been turned off, the guy had no clue why the fan was still running. (I was joking around with her that her house was haunted...stupid me was right...) About a week or two later, one of her daughters came to visit her with her daughter and sent her to play upstairs in the toy room (same room with the broken light and turning fan). Later she came down and said that there was a girl in the room upstairs asking to play with her. They went upstairs and didn't see anyone. Of course, my coworker checked the house and found out that the previous owners who owned the house had a young daughter who had passed away of some sickness, but they couldn't figure out if she died at the house or on the way to the hospital... creepy...

I am so creeped out right now...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/29 22:07 By PhoenixBlade.
PhoenixBlade
Pup
graphgraph
Ok, last scary story for tonight, I promise. I had a friend who told me that when he moved up to Minnesota from California with his family, they bought an old house near Frogtown. Oddly enough the house was numbered 666. Anyway they brought their chickens with them and had put them in the basement. However, everynight, when my friend went to sleep, his siblings and he would hear something skittering around in the attic. They assumed that it was squirrels. Yet as time went on, the chickens began to die which was strange because they fed the chickens well. Then one night, my friend's mom (who just so happens to be a shaman so she's sensitive to the spirit world) woke up one night because of a strange and ominous feeling she had. She looked at the door to her room and it was open (even though she had closed it) and in the doorway was a man who was bleeding and staring back at her none too kindly. She didn't know what to do and was scared, but after a few moments, he disappeared.

They checked up on the history of the house soon after and saw that the previous owner had committed suicide in the house. They moved out immediately with only a few of the many chickens, that they had originally moved in, left. Apparently all that skittering around that they heard at night through the ceiling was the spirit of the dead man crawling around in the attic. My friend tells me that he didn't what would have happened if the spirit had gotten to the last chicken, as he was probably the reason why they were all dying. Would his family have been next victims? *shudders*

This story still scares me when I think or speak about it, even if it's not my own... and hopefully never will!!!! *crosses fingers*

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.