Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I just want to make a quick informing message
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I just want to make a quick informing message
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I just want to make a quick informing message 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 31
Since it seems people are still being either fooled or unable to stop the evil falsehood trojan in time, I want to make sure people know about it. In a time of 3 months, even after warnings about it verbally, about 6 people I know have gotten it. >.< So, I'm trying to spread the word. (I got it 3-4 years ago.)

You'll have something pop up on your screen that says you have a virus detected, or that your antispyware isn't working etc. Depending on the one, it either begins 'scanning' your computer, or waits for you to give it the 'okay' to. When you see this pop up, IMMEDIATELY close it! If you had walked away and come back to it,close it. Then, if your virus protector hadn't already started getting rid of infections, scan your compy.

If it has already gotten to the point that it's fighting your internet or won't let your virus protector open, sometimes they make programs that will track and destroy it slowly, until you can get your virus protector working. These work because they randomly scan parts of your computer, but not fully. That way, the trojan doesn't catch on and shut it down. I know, that sounds weird, but that's basic programing for some. But, that's why it is also a slow process, because you have to constantly run it to do that. If it gets too difficult to even run, then it might just be best to back up what you can and start all over again.

Another way, sometimes, is to system restore. Though, it tends to block that option.

The Vundo trojan, and one of the most popular to get link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vundo

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I just want to make a quick informing message 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 14
Is this pretty thing back again?

*sigh*

I'd like to point out that these days a good programmer will make it so that clicking anywhere on the screen will be as if you are saying "okay" to the download of a file. Please use precautions with files you don't know, people you don't know, and links/places you don't know. If a pop-up comes please do as Smittee says and close it. However, I'd like to add that you can also manually force the close by hitting ctrl+alt+delete and then going to your task manager. Under the task manager you can close the application itself, thereby eliminating the threat of essentially downloading the file through those who have rather unscrupulous means.

Another thing you can do is to get a pop-up blocker and, if you use FireFox, a program called No Script (noscript.net/) can also help to prevent unwanted browser exploits that are usually hidden in Java scripts (Like Vundo) from running without your permission.

In the incident of a worst-case scenario where you are sure that a virus is attempting to load onto your system but feel overwhelmed simply UNPLUG your computer from internet! It may not solve the full issue but it can prevent you from being entirely infected.

Logged Logged
Fishy!
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I just want to make a quick informing message 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
in case anyone is having a problem with this virus...

malwearbytes anti-malwear works well to get it off your computer, Ive used it several times... and sadly ive been hit with this virus alot of times before.

Logged Logged
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I just want to make a quick informing message 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
Malwarebytes.org

Never had anything it wouldn't get rid of. And I've had some nasty ones. Best program ever. And it's free.

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I just want to make a quick informing message 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 52
Haven't been hit with this trojan yet, but I had a nasty one that I used Malware to remove. It was called the Win AntiVirus, or something like that.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.