Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
End of the world
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: End of the world
redsquirt
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
So it is 6:02 I guess the end of the world did not happen!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Wood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7
the end of the world is suppose to happen at 6.02 but 6.02 pm in what time zone? LOL

Logged Logged
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 29
It was supposed to happen in 6pm in each time zone. So, when it reaches 6pm in japan, they were supposed to get earthquakes, and all this stuff, and in each time zone as soon as it hits 6pm, they were supposed to get something too, and on and on.

Logged Logged

zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 14

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/21 19:14 By zandrellia.
PhoenixBlade
Pup
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
Tis 6:28pm and I still live. Yippee!!!! I actually didn't find out about this supposed end of the world stuff until yesterday night and really, I find it all just hilarious. Oh well, tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999! lol

Logged Logged
Anna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
I thought it was 6pm mountain time...so I guess 8pm in the midwest? However, I'm glad I'm still around, still waiting for my domino's pizza...

Logged Logged
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 20
okay, I have no clue as to what anyone is talking about here. I must have missed something due to my working so much. Can someone please fill me in?

Logged Logged
Itsumademo
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 8
the rapture was predicted by a man who thinks he is a prophet to happen May 21, 2011 at 6pm....it did not happen of course....but now there are many without jobs or money because they listened to that guy, who had been wrong before T-T

Logged Logged
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Oroyukae wrote:
okay, I have no clue as to what anyone is talking about here. I must have missed something due to my working so much. Can someone please fill me in?

A 80-something year old man who has predicted wrongly the rapture like 2-3 times already said it was going to happen May 21st 2011 at 6pm. (As soon as one time zone reach 6pm, it starts for them, (earthquakes, and other terrible thing) and it continues until everyone reaches 6pm). The people who were to be saved by Jesus would be today, and then it would be 5 months of hell until Jesus would come October 21st and then we all die, and go to the real hell (the ones who weren't saved May 21st). Something along those lines.

Maybe people quit their job, sold their house, gave their money away.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/22 00:32 By xMaddiex.

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 216
Was that today? Hm... yeah...

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 66
WE'RE ALIVE!! WE'RE ALIVE! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY WE'RE STILL ALIVE!!!!

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 23
I have a question about the rapture. I'm not religious, more spiritual than anything even though I do try and respect all religions some things like this make me wonder.

For rapture-the Christians are suppose to go lifted up to heaven to join God right? So, why do people think that their physical bodies will be lifted up to heaven? Since even from space no one can see "heaven" one would assume that it is a spiritual place. So doesn't that just mean that when the rapture happens all Christians will just die and their spirits will go up to heaven or wherever to be with god?

Also~ Apparently from what I have researched and what my younger sibling has researched. No one can predict when the world is going to end, because if someone does somehow figure it out-the date will be changed. So yep.

AND

something else I found interesting. This man, around 500 years ago, made a few predictions. That havecome true. One was the earthquake in Japan, when it happened and everything that followed. The other was the 9/11 attack. He also predicted when the world will end...and his prediction was that it would end in 3700-3800. I can't remember but it's somewhere it between those. It's pretty interesting.

I think everyone knew the world wouldn't end today. However I feel bad for those who did believe it, because they lost a lot from it.

Logged Logged
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Yeah that's the silly part.

These people follow the bible, which says, nobody knows when it will end. But if someone says a date, they are like ohmygod its true. So it's like, well what happened to the book you follow that says nobody knows? /shakes head/.

I did hear about that guy as well. But /shrugs/.

And I don't know. From what I understood, only your clothes would be left behind which means your body would be taken, but I was also under the impression that only your soul/spirit goes. So I can't help you with that question, Sorry.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/21 22:48 By xMaddiex.

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 55

if you don't read reddit, the fourth panel basically means, "Yeah, right!" and then he browses the internet instead.

NOT MINE, got it from reddit.com

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/21 22:51 By cakeiton.

soulNchantress
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
I think with these people having so much faith in doomsday predictions, it's more about the "better safe than sorry" aspect of the situation.

If someone told me that I was gonna burn in hell for eternity, I'd confess my sins and repent, too...in a New York minute. No one wants the world to end, but these kinds of scares make people really think about what comes after. I would much rather have a nice eternity than a damned one.

I didn't believe. I know a bunch of you aren't religious, and please don't think I am preaching, but the bible says "NO MAN" knows the day or the hour of christ return. Jesus and the angels don't know. Only God does. Also, it's more of a "you should live right EVERYDAY not just when you think the end is upon you" kind of thing. Think of it this way, you want a friend that is true all the time, not one that is just there to ask for help when things aren't looking good for them.

I do feel sorry for these people that gave up all of their possessions, but at least they are prime pickings for another cult following. There are always gonna be predictions, but geeze, just cause the cars rolling doesn't mean that you should hop in for a ride.

Logged Logged

Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Well, I'm fine if people went to confess their sins and all, because they think its the end.
What I'm not fine with is all those people who killed their kids because of it. And many did it, not like omg, I dont want my kid to suffer, I'm not going to heaven.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/22 00:33 By xMaddiex.

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 55
hearing about it originally frustrated me

now hearing what people did because of it flat out infuriates me.

honestly, against my beliefs... Now I hope there is an afterlife, so those who hurt their children/pets/others get exactly whats coming to them. Its upsetting, and I'm sorry anyone had to go through that sort of pain

Logged Logged

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: -666
You guys need to take it a little easy in this thread. Talking about slicing throats really isn't appropriate for the forum. Not to mention this might be a very sensitive subject for some, so keep it more upbeat.

Carry on.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 27
Yeah, my friend joked that she was looking forward to all the free clothing. >.<

But yay it didn't happen.... or there was a limit. O_O hahah, but all joking aside. I feel bad for all those who did truly believe it so much that they gave up their homes and jobs. I can't imagine what will happen to them and what they are thinking now. To be that desperate that they believed or wanted to believe that it would occur. Being desperate does make people foolish. And a part of me aches for the ones that went to the extreme to give it all up.

Also, being Christian, not particularly the best, I was slightly annoyed when co-workers blame the whole religion in general.

As said no one knows the day and hour. I agree with soulNchantress. "Also, it's more of a "you should live right EVERYDAY not just when you think the end is upon you" kind of thing. "

People need to just live their lives. BTW major props to zandrellia for REM ~ It's the End of the World. HAHAHAH! Love that song.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/22 05:46 By lunaticneko. Reason: typos

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
Number Q
Pup
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
So... It's tomorrow now.
Should I assume the deities of chaos are late?

Logged Logged
Ritska
Whelp
graphgraph
The guy,Camping,said he got it wrong by 5 months. The new judgement day is Oct. 21.

He should really stop guessing.

Logged Logged

I claim Inuyasha\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Childhood Ball in Dokoga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Claim Game!
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Actually no he had always said Oct 21.
He had said the people who were going to be saved, would be saved May 21st. THEN the people would suffer hell for 5 months, until October 21st when Jesus would come, and it would be the end.

Logged Logged

Ritska
Whelp
graphgraph
Sorry your right, read that wrong.

But he said that May 21 was "an invisible judgment day" and that "May 21 is the day that Christ came and put the world under judgment", no?

So what makes Oct. 21?

The day people are saved or the end of the world by a fireball?

Logged Logged

I claim Inuyasha\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Childhood Ball in Dokoga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Claim Game!
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Well, basically May 21 is people are being saved. So if you were to be saved, you were that day, but a lot of event were supposed to happen that day, like earthquakes and whatnot, other destructions like that. It was marking the day were the people who weren't saved were going to begin their hell on Earth. End of civilization, chaos, all of that was supposed to begin. It was supposed to last 5 months, until Oct 21. Then Jesus would come and it would be end of the world. Nobody could be saved on that day, it would be the true end.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/24 02:05 By xMaddiex.

phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:End of the world 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 31
On a funny note:

There was a tweet post on May 21st from Brad Jones (The Cinema Snob) saying that he had plans to mess with his neighbors by filling his shoes with dry ice & water and laying his suit in a heap on the middle of the sidewalk. Now the phishy is a Christian and even I lol'd really hard at that......

And another funny thing, I once had a bumper sticker I got from a Christian Bookstore that said, "In case of Rapture, this car will be unmanned. Leaping out of the way is highly suggested!" or something like that.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/24 09:33 By phishbon3s.

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.