Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding'
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding'
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding' 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 216
okay, so i just wanted to say that i've been completely and totally, NOT obsessed with wither William or Cathrine's wedding for months now. This of course is kinda a lie. I thought for some reason that they were getting married March 29th, a month ago and then when i figured it out i was totally all D: b/c i had to wait another month to see it!

Where all this comes from i dunno.

I think part of it is that I was born in 1982, a year after Charles and Diana got married, there hasn't been a royal wedding since then, (keeping in mind that i was 3 and didn't have a freaking clue who Fergie and Andrew were at the time) since then. Not only that but I cant tell you how many times over the years i had seen clips of that wedding that this one has been all...

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

... for me. It's weird b/c i cant really explain WHY I'm like this, i think it's some weird girl thing...

Not only that but i HONESTLY had decided that i refused to stay awake all night to start watching stuff as it started in my time zone at 4am @_@ I was actually tired, and sleepy, and feeling NORMAL for once, and thought, 0o0o i know sleep like a normy! but low and behold, r0o puppy was against me.

He, Bert-dog, decided @ 3:24 am....

'Hey, you awake?'
*wet-nose to your hand, face, neck*
'wake up! you awake yet?'

So needless to say, i was a very }: r0o at 3:24am, we went walkies, and then i was all D: again, because the wedding covered started like 20 - 30 mins later.

TT3TT

TOTALLY didn't sleep until like 10am, b/c i stayed up to watch it all, including the double-kiss.

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES GIRLY LIKE* n_n!!!!

@_@

but...

TOTALLY NOT OBSESSED!

Best wedding pic EVA:

So all of that was to say, Was i the only one, or were any of you Dokugan's awake as well? I know SKYE was

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding' 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 66
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I missed the wedding entirely. I had to get up at 6AM for work. I got up at 4:30 to use the bathroom and the last thing on my mind was the wedding. So I thought 'screw it' and went back to bed like a normy. LOL. But people actually stayed up and watched the Wedding from Times Square. Go figure. They're already talking about who Prince Harry's going to marry.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Riku Ryuu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding' 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 19
I can't stop thinking about how ridiculously popular the wedding was in America. I mean, I can somewhat understand being obsessed with it, but when the people live across an ocean I get a little meh about it. But some of my friends were up at 1 am to watch the wedding. Yeah, I don't really get it >_<

Add to that all the sales at stores for the wedding and I am completely confuzzled.

Logged Logged

Cause I need all the help I can get
theforgottensoul
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding' 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
OMG, LIKE SERIOUSLY. MY MA AND I HAVE HAD OUR DVR SET SINCE MONDAY. Lol. We recorded it. The reason for it being so popular to even have reaching America is because Diana made such an impact on the world. That's what my ma says anyways and when she died it was even worse. And my ma still says that, the royal family was behind her death./faiiil ) D; Which like, I semi - agree. But I mean, William is her son - they only wanna see if Catherine can live up to Diana. I do believe that William's mama would have been proud of him. ;D I just hope that Catherine does him well, he deserves it. Lol. I just have to wonder if Harry ever gets married, would it be as big as his brother's and mother's wedding? fufufuf. <3

Logged Logged
Hedda
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding' 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 12
sugar0o wrote:
I think part of it is that I was born in 1982, a year after Charles and Diana got married, there hasn't been a royal wedding since then, (keeping in mind that i was 3 and didn't have a freaking clue who Fergie and Andrew were at the time) since then.

Are you telling me that you have not seen the most romantic and fantastic wedding of all, when Princess Victoria of Sweden married her Daniel?

There were also some other great weddings, the Spanish, the Danish, the Norwegian, the Dutch and there will be the wedding in Monaco in some weeks, too.

But to the topic...

I had to work...

It was my second day at my new job so I couldn't exactly say "Sorry, guys, gotta watch Will and Kate", which is why my mom recorded it for me and I watched it as soon as I got home. Unfortunately, the recorder didn't capture the whole thing, so that I missed the carriage ride and the kissing scene.
Luckily, the web provided me with the highlights of both^^

Did I like the wedding? Yes, it was nice. Especially the bishop of London and the music that way played were among my highlights. And that one blue dress of this it-girl lady, that was marvellous!!!

Kate looked nice and pretty, very elegant, but not as special as Victoria.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/04/30 05:10 By Hedda.

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding' 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 156
I missed the wedding. I had a seminar at the uni. I wasn't particularly interested in the wedding, though. I wish all the best for the happy couple, but since I'm not British, why should I get so excited about their wedding?

I also missed the Swedish Royal weddding last summer - it coincided with baptising of my cousin's baby, and I kinda had to be there as she had picked me to be the godmother.
I saw some highlights of it later, though, and it seems it was really nice. The Swedish wedding was a big deal over here - they are our neighbours after all.

Logged Logged
Kazu Hioshi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding' 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
I'm not obsessed!

Although...I did watch all eight hours of the main broadcast.

And the two hour look back.

And the two hour highlights.

And the news, three times, which was about the wedding.

But I'm not obsessed!

=D

Logged Logged

Kazu Hioshi claimed the Meido Zangetsuha of Sesshomaru at the Claim Game at Dokuga!

(Yes, I am quite aware of the fact that that sounds weird, but apostrophes turn into giant walls of slashes, and that cannot be permitted XD)

Who was your hero today?
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding' 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 4
I didn't watch the wedding at all. Nor did I really care to.

However, I DID watch Joan Rivers on "The Fashion Police" talk about everyone's dresses - especially the one who had on that blue Crayola dress and the one who had that tan funky Lady-Gaga-headgear thing on.

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding' 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 216
Beatrice!

Yeah seriously i dunno if anyone ELSE likes this, but i think she looks horrible with it. @_@

and Kazu, darling i think you ARE obsessed =x but then again that's your country! so go you guys! big day for everyone there!

and nope never seen the wedding of Princess Victoria of Sweden married her Daniel. I just MIGHT have to go fishing around for it.

again, though to all that mentioned it, i think Diana made herself well known. She wasn't a royal, that just stayed in one place. Like, we saw pics of her everywhere here in the USA, all the time, not only b/c it sold but because she interested us.

We don't really see that from any other royal. At least not here. I'm not saying you have to care about the wedding or anything or be obsessed with it, just that i couldn't help but find myself in that situation, and why. ^_^

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding' 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11
I didn't see it...I didn't even really know the exact date of it, but I did read some articles. Mostly I was just happy for Charles finding a woman before he started looking like his father LOLz

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I'm totally NOT obsessed with 'the Wedding' 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 78
My husband, who is a senior citizen and takes computer classes at the Senior Center, came back the other day and reported that a bunch of the old ladies were getting up in the wee hours of the morning and dressing up and wearing fancy hats to watch the royal wedding. Probably the same group that wears red hats and votes on who will be the "Queen Mum" and get to wear a purple hat. Shoot me, please. I only saw the evening news footage of the wedding, and must say I didn't like the wedding dress. The bride is a good looking young lady, but the dress didn't really suit her. The neckline was very unflattering, the sleeves looked awkward, and the veil, in my opinion, looked kind of creepy. However, like so many others, I became increasingly fond of, and impressed by, Princess Diana over the years. I felt a great deal of sympathy for her, given her difficult situation with her husband, his mistress, and his family. Given her difficult personal life, she still managed to extend herself to help others. She seemed genuinely concerned about the tragedies inflicted by landmines, and other humanitarian causes, and spent real time trying to make a difference. And she was lovely. Therefore, I am glad to see that her son, William, seems to be a gentleman, and respectful of women in general, specifically in memory of his mother. I feel that this will make him a much better husband than his father was to his mother! I hope that his marriage is successful, and that his bride will extend herself to help others, the way Diana did. But to me, and most likely man others, she could never hope to be as poignant and lovely as Princess Diana was.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.