Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Ridiculous Splurges
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Ridiculous Splurges
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 51
Ladies and gentlemen, I have located a very strange, painfully expensive item.

Price:$47,000

poshtots.com/Themes-for-Girls/Decor-Styles/Fantasy/Fantasy-Coach/7/594/1375/927/PoshProductDetail.aspx

I don't think I can thoroughly communicate how perplexed I am that something like this even exists. Would someone really blow the equivalent of more than the average American's yearly income on THIS?

So, in honor of this completely asinine thing, I think we need a thread for things that are pointlessly expensive.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Possessed
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
There is a picture, but I'm not computer savvy enough to put it here... Basically it is two plastic handles... for $60.00... But the description does say it makes the snapping sound!

"But the emperor has no clothes!"

The Ropeless Jump Rope.
This ropeless jump rope allows you to skip rope in limited space indoors and will not interrupt the flow of your workout routine by getting caught in your feet. You can input your height and weight into the device, and the LCD on one of the handheld units informs you of calories burned, jump repetitions, and exercise time, or the device has a "talking" mode that informs you of exercise progress. Part of the training regimen of professional boxers and Olympic wrestlers, jumping rope exercises your cardiovascular system while exerting less stress on knees than jogging, strengthens your arms and shoulders, and ten minutes of jumping rope can burn as many calories as running an eight minute mile. The handles of each unit have three 2 1/2-oz. re movable weight inserts, a snapping sound occurs with every jump to help you maintain proper jumping rhythm, and the unit comes with a workout DVD and bag for ease of travel. 10" L x 1" W. (1 lb.)

Item 74619 ................... $59.95
Available for Immediate Shipment.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/09/05 01:43 By .
emmaren
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 10
Okay, so this is not in the high end price level, but it is one of those that makes you ask, who buys that?

Some years back when I lived in North Carolina, there was an infomerical that played. The product was a cushion that you put on your car seat and it absorbed farts. Yes, farts.

I about peed myself when these people went on for ten minutes about how they were no longer scared to go on car trips with their father. Have these people never heard of cracking a window?

I think is was only like a 19.95 item, but still that is twenty that you will never get back.

Logged Logged
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok look at this one!

Logged Logged
Possessed
Pup
graphgraph
Is it just me, or does last that picture look... obscene...

Logged Logged
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 26
Ok, I know this is kinda off the topic, but years ago, I saw an episode of Garfield, where Jon was upset with Garfield for buying a battery operated, battery recharger, that was only good for charging its own battery. O.o

It was so funny (to me) that I apparently still remember it all these years later. Anyway, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. LOL! Forgive my goofiness!

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
Possessed
Pup
graphgraph
Quite frankly luxury toilet paper is a bit of gimmick in my view. As long as it’s soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent then you’re really not going to be bothered about whether your toilet paper has gold leaf or fancy coloured decoration on it. After all, it’s all heading down the pan at the end of the day!

Nonetheless, Renova believe there is a market for luxury toilet paper and have produced a line in paper rolls that come in four different colours.

Retailing at $13 to $20 for a three pack they are said to offer a “soft and silky experience”.

Am I missing the point here?

Logged Logged
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
this might be a little off topic but

Bt its too funny!

Logged Logged
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 51
LOL, that's great!

The nosehair trimmer looks really...phallic, like the nose is the head, and the finger is the shaft. Maybe it's just me though. Well, me and Possessed, the board perverts.

Water-in-a-bag, ropeless jumpropes, fart absorbers, and battering-powered rechargers all make me VERY happy to live in consumer America. I don't know what I'd do without all these wonderful inventions.

Logged Logged

You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
i had to do a double take of the hair trimmer and your right it is pretty phalic. Oh here is another.

Logged Logged
Lady Scheherazadea
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 6
Nobody, that is just too much!!! HAHAHAHA!!1

Logged Logged

“Playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won\\\'t feel insecure around you.”

~Marianne Williamson
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
I know i thought it was a joke when i first saw that! But its not they actually make those. Goes great with that tux.

Logged Logged
Mamasama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 16
Ok, I've got one.

I was on a maternity website and I saw maternity jeans for $250. please tell me that's a joke. I have a hard enough time forking over $30 for a pair I'm gonna wear for 5 years, let alone 5 MONTHS. SHEESH.

If I'm gonna spend that kind of money on temporary pants, then they BETTER make my ass look like J.Lo's

Logged Logged

Amy
Mamasama

Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
wow thats nuts! maybe they have magic powers or something.

though this seems silly i think i could actually use this.

Logged Logged
Possessed
Pup
graphgraph
A pet dog is sporting a brand new pair of silicone testicles after going under the surgeon's knife in North Queensland.

Two-year-old bull terrier-cross Apollo was given the testicle implants after losing his own in a routine desexing procedure last month.

The dog's owner, Sarah Martin, 23, ordered the silicone implants over the internet for $270 - nearly the same price as the desexing operation.

Dubbed Neuticles by their US manufacturer, Apollo's "package" arrived in the post two weeks later.

"I don't like the idea of a male dog with no testicles and I don't think it looks natural...it's just wrong," Ms Martin told brisbanetimes.com.au from her home in Cooktown.

Logged Logged
L-desu
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
OMG Nobody! that video is hilarious!! i especially like the guy who put the bag INTO a pot of water... though, i did wonder about the woman with the mixing bowl... is the plastic corner of the bag mixed in with her cookies?? mmmm, special sauce...

anyways, back in college, a guy friend of mine followed me around while shopping. mind you, this was back around the turn of the century, but does anyone remember the fashion trend that had basically 2 sleeves attached by a bit of fabric that acted as some sort of sweater thing?? (oh i wish i had a picture) but it's like the top you would wear over something like a sleeveless dress...

so anyhoo, he lifted one of them up and shouted, "Who the hell pays $35 for a pair of sleeves?!" man, i busted out laughing!

Logged Logged

L-desu (formerly Wolfye P.)
www.L-desu.com
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
i think its called a dickie oh wait thats one of these

www.bernat.com/data/pattern/image/image_2578.jpg

Hey if you mix your purchase wolfye productions and mine we almost have a full sweater!

Is this what you were talking about?

farm1.static.flickr.com/129/355759714_5e0203e8b5_o.jpg

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 91

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
L-desu
Whelp
graphgraph
Nobody wrote:
Is this what you were talking about?

farm1.static.flickr.com/129/355759714_5e0203e8b5_o.jpg

yes! those are it!! man, you should go into some type of research or detective work . and i love the whole sweater bit, though the stomach would be left bare... quick! add in a knitted tube top!

oh, and you guys can just call me Wolfye. the second part is just WAY too long to type out.

Logged Logged

www.L-desu.com
L-desu
Whelp
graphgraph
Danyealle Myst wrote:
Who in their right mind would pay almost 1000 bucks for a LIGHTER???? 'Splain this to me please!

like, omg... those things better have like ROCKET fuel in them...

jeebus!

Logged Logged

www.L-desu.com
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Wolfye: much easier! Haha a knitted tube top! We are so inovative who needs to buy a whole sweater the puzzle sweater sounds s much funner!!

Danyealle: wow that is ridiculous!

cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/63-Henry-van-de-Velde-Brussels-Petrol-Wall-Lamp-189_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ28216QQihZ013QQitemZ230290295016QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

55,000 for an oil lamp!!!!

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 91
55,000 for an oil lamp!!!!

For that price a genie better pop outta that sucker!

Danyealle

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
L-desu
Whelp
graphgraph
Danyealle Myst wrote:
For that price a genie better pop outta that sucker!

ain't dat da truff?? either that or i sincerely hope it was used by some european royalty 5 centuries ago to light their bed chamber during a royal tryst! yeesh!!!

and Nobody, this sweater could be like those convertible shirts & dresses! oooh, we SO have to market this!

"Achieve 10 different looks with your new puzzle sweater! Get a new look for every mood you're in!"

Logged Logged

www.L-desu.com
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Wolfye: I think we are on to something. You mix and match colors! THat would be the best.

Logged Logged
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ridiculous Splurges 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 51
The article of clothing is called a bolero, usually referred to in the US as a cropped shrug. They're an informal version of the bolero jacket, a very old and very European article of clothing that both men and women have worn in the past seven centuries or so.

Bolero are seen quite often with formal dresses to help them seem modest or prim, and tailored ones can make an otherwise inappropriate top slide by office dress code. This is pretty much what they were used for in the far past. They would be paired with a strapless dress to hide the skin on the arms and shoulders.

I like thin crocheted bolero, and lace ones can be really sexy. Strapless top, pushup bra, sheer lace covering the shoudlers and arms...it's a powerful arguement. In the winter, they can be useful since they will literally fit in a purpse pocket and provide some degree of protection against the cold for the arms.

I'm done defending myself now!

Logged Logged

Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.