Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Inuyasha: The Final Act
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Inuyasha: The Final Act
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Inuyasha: The Final Act 13 Years ago Karma: 38
So I was browsing the internet, like I tend to do when I am supposed to be writing, when I came upon the voice cast for the dubbed series.

I was aware of the replacement of Sesshoumaru's voice [from drop sexy David Kaye's voice to 'I'm not sure how this is going to work out' Michael Daingerfield voice and I have come to terms with this.

I was most definitely NOT aware that Moneca Stori was ALSO replaced by Kira Tozer.

I know a lot of people dislike Moneca Stori's voice as Kagome, finding her annoying BUT REALLY?

Stori's voice has been a constant through out all 164 episodes and all 4 movies :/

It's like finding out Santa isn't real but monsters under your bed are D:

What's your opinion?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/03/10 23:45 By Kagome Yuki Niwa.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha: The Final Act 13 Years ago Karma: 55
Never saw them in English, but if I was invested in the series with that dub, I would have felt like Jaken when they announced Sesshoumaru's voice change.

"Sesshoumaru-sama!!!!" *whimpering voice, bug eyes and tears*

For Kagome, her voice was supposed to be grating, she was a young teenager. I, personally with any show, like original cast because I'm sentimental in that respect, and have a hard time accepting change, even if it's for the best.

Logged Logged

Phaedairu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha: The Final Act 13 Years ago Karma: 1
I'm quite sad about this
I'll miss David Kaye <333
I LOVE Kagome's voice, I dunno it just suites her and I'm gonna miss it :/
I dunno, I just don't like change when it comes to something that's been the same for a long, long time.

Logged Logged
Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha: The Final Act 13 Years ago Karma: 18
This topic has been covered in another post also, if you are looking for opinions on the matter.

www.dokuga.com/forum/6-general-discussion/53088-kagomes-new-english-voice-actor-is#53088

Here is the link for Sesshomaru's new voice discussion also, if you wanted to check that out.

www.dokuga.com/forum/6-general-discussion/48996-sesshoumarus-new-english-voice-actor-is#48996

For my opinion on it, I HATE when voices change. It kinda of ruins sequels, episodes and the like for me.

And in response to Sessh not being around much, he is a good bit more frequently in the Final Act> That is where, in my opinion, his character develops into more of a solid, and clear persona. I am very irritated by both changes, but as there is nothing that can be done for it, I pretty much have to suck it up and watch with the new ones, or stick with subs. :/

Logged Logged

Made by the wonderful r0o

made by the fabulous Fox
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha: The Final Act 13 Years ago Karma: 24
I, personally, hate any changes that occurs in the middle or after I've already gotten used to it. I'm still debating on whether or not to watch Inuyasha: The Final Act since they changed so many voice actors for it. It just wouldn't be the same, especially David Kaye for Sesshoumaru. *Cries*

It's the same with movies. If the director's used a certain actor/actress to portray a character role, in the sequel, it had better darn well be the same actor/actress portraying the same character. If not, I'll have to carefully consider it before deciding if I'm going to watch or not. (IE. The third Mummy's movie - didn't watch it.)

I just don't like changes. Original cast is always the best, in my opinion.

Logged Logged

FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha: The Final Act 13 Years ago Karma: 24
At first I was a little upset that Kaye wouldn't be returning as Sesshoumaru, but I heard on a podcast the other day featuring Kirby Morrow (Miroku) that he was very impressed at how much the new voice actor, Michael Dangerfield, sounded like Kaye. So that is very promising.

I hope Viz makes some announcement about releasing the new series soon! I'm so very much anticipating it!! ^o^

Logged Logged
jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha: The Final Act 13 Years ago Karma: 7
I myself don't really like when voice casts are changed in the middle of a series, but sometimes they do work out. I LOVE David Kaye as Sesshomaru, but I looked up Michael Dangerfield, and I did find a video where his voice actually sounded pretty similar. It might not be as good as the original, but hopefully he'll be the next best thing.

I'm gonna give this guy a shot. After all, they wouldn't have cast him in the part if they thought he didn't do a good job, right?

Logged Logged

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
Skyisthelimit
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha: The Final Act 13 Years ago Karma: 8
I love the final act so much that I am willing to give them a try, but I am sad. I loved David Kaye's voice as Sesshomaru, though that was before I watched the Japanese sub version and listened to that deep, sultry, baritone voice.... **swoons**

But I'm getting off topic.

I actually liked Kagome's/Monica Stori's voice, it was distinct and not just some random girly voice. I'm going to miss her and I really hope the new voice actor doesn't do the "damsel-in-distress" type voice that I despise (coughOrihimeinBleachcough)

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.