Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
UPDATE on Fund Raising!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: UPDATE on Fund Raising!!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
UPDATE on Fund Raising!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
My dear, DEAR fellow Dokugians!!!

I've finally completed all the thank you notes to our EXTREMELY generous supporters and am taking a break to update all of you on our efforts thus far. Things are going very slowly because my computer has decided to die on me after so many years of faithful service. The CPU keeps overheating, so I'm sitting here, with a box fan blowing on it and me, in the middle of a Michigan winter! LOL!!! Never a dull moment!

At any rate, I have put a call in to the hosting company to see if we can get some sort of discount, as it appears that, very soon, we'll have ample funds to pay the hosting for a year in advance! DOKUGA SO ROCKS!!!

Many people have privately confided that they would rather see the site maintain the current level of service. Given my own problems at the moment, and the history we have with this host, I have to concur. They are responsive, helpful, and very kind to talk to on the phone... they don't make me feel like the total n00b that I am, for which I am sooooo grateful!

In addition, as I said, it is entirely likely that we might not even be able to move the site without being able to establish ownership. Which, like I said, we can't. Still, I thank everyone who has offered to help us find new hosting, or offered us hosting space, your willingness to help is so VERY appreciated!!

I am currently working on the statistics regarding the donations received over the past 24 to 36 hours. As soon as I have those nailed down, I will post them - and an updated list of our ongoing contributors - on the Supporters page, which you can find here:

http://www.dokuga.com/supporters

The Administrators have agreed, however, that, even if we can pay for our hosting for the year in advance, we will continue to raise funds to have a buffer - just in case we need to hire someone familiar with Joomla to assist with any site coding problems. After that, we will be leaving the donation information on the Supporters page, just in case anyone drops by and has a hankering to help us out with future needs.

I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH the gratitude of ALL the Admins and Mods for the AMAZING outpouring of support and encouragement we've all received from the community. Seriously... I've received dozens upon dozens of emails letting me know how much people love this site. The stories I've read have moved me to tears so many times... the generosity you've all shown has given me goosebumps... words are so pitiful when trying to describe the magnitude of the feelings I've experienced the past few days.

DOKUGA CONTINUES TO ROCK MY SOCKS!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lonelylark
Pup
graphgraph
Re:UPDATE on Fund Raising!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Wiccan, truly you and the wonderful site moderators are to be commended. I feel that most of us did what we only felt was right. It was your quick thinking and reactions to the problem that mostly helped get the site back up. I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm extremely grateful to you for your hard work.

Logged Logged

Tiegrsi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:UPDATE on Fund Raising!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
I just noticed I have a nifty new banner! I wasn't sure where to write, but I'd like to thank whoever gave it to me, and to thank R0o for her beautiful artwork.

This site deserves to stay for permanent, IMHO!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:UPDATE on Fund Raising!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Tiegrsi wrote:
I just noticed I have a nifty new banner! I wasn't sure where to write, but I'd like to thank whoever gave it to me, and to thank R0o for her beautiful artwork.

This site deserves to stay for permanent, IMHO!

You can thank the ever-talented, charming, and beautiful Priestess Skye for the awesome banner stuffs! She's sneaky like that, LOL! Just pops into profiles and leaves little goodies!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:UPDATE on Fund Raising!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Lonelylark wrote:
Wiccan, truly you and the wonderful site moderators are to be commended. I feel that most of us did what we only felt was right. It was your quick thinking and reactions to the problem that mostly helped get the site back up. I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm extremely grateful to you for your hard work.

All of the Site Admins and Mods have put in an incredible amount of time and effort on this. I work with the BEST bunch of folks I could possibly imagine here!

We outlined our plan of action, brainstormed ideas, and got the site back in RECORD time. Now, we're also going to have our hosting covered in near-record time as well!! Just a teeny bit more to provide for coding help, and we're SET! And all thanks to our generous members and other supporters... yes, I'm still in awe of everyone!!!

Thanks for the kudos to all... our team here on the site is TEH AWESOME!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Shattered
Pup
graphgraph
Re:UPDATE on Fund Raising!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I have to say that I am so happy everyone pulled together so quickly to get the site back up. I've had favorite sites that went down for days before without a word, and it's all manners of sucky.

This place gives me the warm and fuzzies.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.