Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Zodiac signs
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Zodiac signs
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
I'm sure that by now, everyone has heard of the news of zodiac signs and that they have changed.

I heard about this yesterday, my first thought was 'What seriously? I've been a Libra my whole life how can I change to another sign so quickly, especially when I fit the characteristics of the Libra perfectly.'

According to the new dates I would now be a 'Virgo' which I was surprised to find that I fit that sign perfectly too. Here are the suppose new dates for each sign:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 – Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 – March 11
Pisces: March 11– April 18
Aries: April 18 – May 13
Taurus: May 13 – June 21
Gemini: June 21 – July 20
Cancer: July 20 – Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10 – Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 – Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 – Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 – Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 – Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 – Jan. 20

Seeing friends on facebook(and myself) freaking out over it, I researched more, and to those stressing over this event, or about their sign changing don't worry- It hasn't.

CNN covered it, here is the article on the issue further for those who are curious:
news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

I've always found the zodiac interesting, and have always read my horoscope for my weekly readings, so I found this whole issue to be very interesting(and somewhat stressful)

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
LoveNabokov
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I almost had a panic attack when I read this, of course I was ok after I researched it and found out that I'm too old for it to affect me. Oh man, I could never be anything but a Cancer.

Logged Logged
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
You're link isn't working on my computer. =/

Keeps telling me the website has to be aborted..not sure why.

I thought this new Zodiac was only for people born after 2009? ;3

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
Lady Kirara wrote:

I thought this new Zodiac was only for people born after 2009? ;3

(laughs) it is, but everyone I knew, kept thinking it affected everyone, not just those who were born after 09. When I first heard of it, the only thing I heard was 'The Zodiac sign dates have all changed' so( laughs) it was very shocking. I think when the news first came out, everyone was misinformed because the details weren't clear.

The link I posted pretty much covers all of it, I don't know why It isn't working for you T.T sorry.

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 66
I say to that story. There's absolutely no way I'm a Virgo since I fit the sign of Libra to a T. I was born a Libra and going to STAY a Libra. This topic comes up periodically. Leave it to a 13th sign to screw the whole Zodiac up. I think people in the East follow the Zodiac with 13 signs. Not sure. *shakes fist at the thought of Ophiuchus*

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
DemonQueen17 wrote:
I say to that story. There's absolutely no way I'm a Virgo since I fit the sign of Libra to a T. I was born a Libra and going to STAY a Libra. This topic comes up periodically. Leave it to a 13th sign to screw the whole Zodiac up. I think people in the East follow the Zodiac with 13 signs. Not sure. *shakes fist at the thought of Ophiuchus*

(laughs) I felt the same exact way. A lot of people were upset too, because most people get tattoos of their zodiac sign so they were like 'What?!seriously?' So whew it was a relief to know my sign hadn't changed.

Logged Logged
Brenna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
lol I will always be a pisces I dont want to be an aquarius no offense. And where i found out about it it doesnt affect most US and European astrology anyway but oh well....

Logged Logged
darkmousey
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
It's nice to see that, even if it had changed, I would still be an Aries (April 18th--just made it!); I can't imagine being anything else. Thanks for posting this; I kept wondering why people were talking about the zodiac on facebook, but not curious enough to go find out or ask.

Logged Logged
Rurouni Jasmine
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
It was funny to see everyone on FB flip out. I just had to keep saying that if you were old enough to have a facebook, then the change does not affect you. They still flipped for a while but eventually they got the idea.

Scorpio forever! :3

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
I'm originally a capricious 'Cappy' but I could totally go for a Saggitarius Centaur. Fish tails are different to Horse-butts, but at least a centaur has four legs, and can run on land. I mean a 'Goat-Fish', seriously? I suppose a capricorn could head-butt a shark with those horns, but I think centaurs are cooler. Either or, I'm happy.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 39
This was actually old news to me, I remember reading an article about it back in high school a little over ten years ago and, my birthday being December 14th, I'm under the '13th' zodiac sign so I stuck with me. No one wanted to acknowledge it at the time so after the article was published it was never really brought up again in mainstream media *shrug*.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/14 14:55 By Freya Ishtar.
Lilly Akame
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
I was about to have a panic attack too! I'm a leo and I fit it perfectly, I could never be a cancer : and um I'd go crazy 'cause I got a leo tattoo! I am so happy it's only for people born after 2009!

Logged Logged
CarmMeldoll
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
Today is my birthday and I found out I am no longer a Capricorn. What a bummer...i think. Do you know if our birthstones change with this?

Logged Logged

~mel~
Shattered
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
People were freaking out on twitter, too. Good grief, it was all anyone tweeted about yesterday.

I'm almost ashamed to admit that this whole big freakout started because my hometown newspaper published a tiny article last week. If you hit Google though, there were articles published on this back in 2007. I'm not sure how the 3+ year delay works out with that.

CarmMeldoll wrote:
Do you know if our birthstones change with this?

Birthstones are generally figured by actual birthdate, not zodiac sign, so they shouldn't.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/14 15:18 By Shatt.
Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
ive never heard of this "Ophiuchus" and im researching it now. but im glad it doesnt pertain to all of us because i refuse to be changed from a saggitarius.i love my sign dearly.

Logged Logged

I CLAIMED NARAKU\\\'S TENTACLES IN THE DOKUGA CLAIM GAME!!!!!

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
CarmMeldoll wrote:
Today is my birthday and I found out I am no longer a Capricorn. What a bummer...i think. Do you know if our birthstones change with this?

You're still a Capricorn :3 don't worry!

The birthstones shouldn't change, as they go more by the actual birth date/month of birth. C:

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 39
The 'shifted' signs are the only new thing, 'cause, technically, Ophicius was always there, it had simply been sort optioned-out, if you will, to maintain a 12 sign zodiac.

Logged Logged
Rurouni Jasmine
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
CarmMeldoll wrote:

Happy birthday!

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Zodiac signs 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 25
I think the whole freak out is silly. I don't even have the traits of my sign, and I'm supposed to be a Sagittarius. I'm more of a Pisces, which is my moon sign.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.