Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sesshoumaru=Gackt?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Sesshoumaru=Gackt?
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sesshoumaru=Gackt? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
(laughs) This is going to be weird, and I'm starting to think I'm going crazy(or getting crazier)

However when I first saw Gackt in an interview, the first thought that came to mind was 'He kind of reminds me of Sesshoumaru) and that thought kept coming to mind when I watched more and more interviews with Gackt.

I know they don't look alike physically, but action wise and personality wise they do have some things in common(I think)

Like Gackt, from what I have read, is a perfectionist, he needs to be perfect at everything he does(and if he doesn't do it well the first time he will keep trying until he gets better at it then others) That is something I can see Sesshoumaru doing too.

N' he always keeps a straight face too, even when he is 'forced' to do ridiculous things in interviews. Sometimes he will crack a smile, but it's pretty uncommon that he does so!Here is an example of what I'm talking about but this one it looks like he is forcing himself not to smile and keep a serious face on:

There are few other things that I thought they had in common, but I can't think of them now.

Though Gackt doesn't mind making a fool out of himself(which I know Sesshoumaru would never do!)

I dunno(laughs) I just thought I'd point this out, am I the only one that has thought this?

Or has anyone seen a recognized person(or a normal person) and thought "He's like Sesshoumaru!" either in looks or personality.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/12/18 23:59 By PRVN.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru=Gackt? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 39
Lol- I've been on the Gackt= Sessh bandwagon for years XD

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru=Gackt? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
Woo! So I'm not the only one that has thought this?!! Makes me feel relieved...or at least like I'm not completely losing my mind(laughs)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/12/19 00:19 By PRVN.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Nah, I mentioned this maybe two years ago to Itsy when she was pondering who could pull off playing Sessh in a live action movie. Though recently I have also been liking a martial arts actor named Tak Sakaguchi. I watched this live action anime style movie called Death Trance and when I first saw him on the screen I literally said to my husband 'holy crap, it's human Sesshomaru!' complete with a li'l girl tagging along behind him and him being the only person in the whole movie wearing white XD.

*sigh* both so pretty

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
*Had to go look up the movie after reading this* I watched the trailer, n I agree with you there The movie looks really interesting too! I'm going to have to watch it sometime.

Ah! Have you heard of Gackt's new movie that will be coming out in 2011, it premiered this year in Canada. That movie looks rather interesting, and has a lot of martial arts in it(The movie also stars Josh Hartnett and Demi Moore)~I'm kind of upset though that Gackt is not mentioned in the credits on sites that list the movie, even though he will be one of the main characters in it. I'm definitely going to see the movie when it comes out though! Unfortunately there is no trailer released for it yet, otherwise I would share it, so instead here is a picture of Gackt from the film.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Glad to see he'll be coming into american main stream media. Have you ever heard him speak English? He has hardly any accent at all, it's amazing. Oh, oh! Look for a movie called Moon Child ( might be Moonchild, though). Stars Gackt and another J-pop star named HYDE, it's gangsters and vampires, really hard to go wrong with this one XD.

Alright, sleep-time for me. Night, hun.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/12/19 00:49 By Freya Ishtar.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
(laughs) yes I have! At the movie premiere there was a Q&A with the cast and he was there, where he spoke English. But, he was so nervous that he mumbled/stuttered sometimes and was always fidgeting with his clothing. It was cute.

Ah! I have heard of that movie, it's on the list of the movies I want to watch! I had no clue it was about vampires and gangsters though(laughs) Such an odd combination. I really should watch the film.

Alrighty, Night~

Logged Logged
FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Sesshoumaru=Gackt? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 24
Hmm... While I agree Gackt is an extremely beautiful male, and his voice does unspeakable things to me -_- ... I dunno.

I used to make so much fun of him, but then I recognized his talent and had taken a liking to him, now I'm kind of indifferent. Although if I come across a new single I'd definitely listen to it.

I guess I feel he is a little too vain for my tastes. In one interview he was talking about his BMI and how his "staff" measured it everyday or something...

If that's something he's likes doing, then that's cool I guess. And I know the Japanese government really encourages their citizens to be physically fit, so it's probably just part of his culture. It just came off a little odd to me.

However, I would pay good money to see him dressed full out as Sesshoumaru.
I know someone has photoshopped him as Sesshoumaru before, I think I saw that on deviantART.

Not too sure how to explain it... I think a real life Sesshoumaru-sama would have more genuine self-confidence than Gakuto-san has
If that makes any sense to anyone.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Ah I see your point, he is rather vain but that is one of his...charming points, I suppose. I have read that he is a health nut(only drinking water, exercising a lot etc) he was probably trying to express that and it came off wrong? I suppose. (laughs) That is one of the thing I like about him though, that he is rather vain but at the same time he doesn't mind making a complete fool of himself.

Like in this video for example(always makes me giggle):

I do understand what you are saying though!I didn't think that he and Sesshoumaru were exactly or perfectly similar to one another, just that they had some similarities that I have noticed C:

Logged Logged
FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
Haha I remember seeing that video a few years ago xD

But I agree with you about the similarities~ I just wanted to give my impression of him, lol.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
I remember that video, lmao. That didn't really ever deter my initial impression of Gackt, so much as it added another layer to it. Dude has a great, if at times warped, sense of humor. My first actual experience seeing him though was watching the video for his song 'Redemption' and then I found a video from his live performance 'Diablos' where he did the song 'Lust for Blood'. I was totally hooked on this man after that....even after sitting through watching him putt about in some of the oddest costumes XD

Logged Logged
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru=Gackt? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 56
Freya Ishtar wrote:
Nah, I mentioned this maybe two years ago to Itsy when she was pondering who could pull off playing Sessh in a live action movie. Though recently I have also been liking a martial arts actor named Tak Sakaguchi. I watched this live action anime style movie called Death Trance and when I first saw him on the screen I literally said to my husband 'holy crap, it's human Sesshomaru!' complete with a li'l girl tagging along behind him and him being the only person in the whole movie wearing white XD.

*sigh* both so pretty

I see what you mean about Sakaguchi. I think I need to see that movie.

Logged Logged

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Lol- there were other factors to the character Tak plays in Death Trance (Grave) that made me think of Sessh. He only cracked a smile when in, or going into, combat, rarely spoke and became irritated with those that he felt talk too much. Oh yeah, and he's just so darned pretty

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/12/19 09:40 By Freya Ishtar.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Freya Ishtar wrote:
I remember that video, lmao. That didn't really ever deter my initial impression of Gackt, so much as it added another layer to it. Dude has a great, if at times warped, sense of humor. My first actual experience seeing him though was watching the video for his song 'Redemption' and then I found a video from his live performance 'Diablos' where he did the song 'Lust for Blood'. I was totally hooked on this man after that....even after sitting through watching him putt about in some of the oddest costumes XD

(laughs) Same here! He is kind of addicting, music and otherwise. I was a fan of his music for a long time, even before I knew what he looked liked, but last year I finally saw what he looked like and have been watching/reading interviews with him since then and I find his personality and everything just so interesting that he has kind of become my new research subject(laughs) I love reading new(and old) interviews with him~~

FayeMegan wrote:

Haha I remember seeing that video a few years ago xD

But I agree with you about the similarities~ I just wanted to give my impression of him, lol.

Ah~

I wasn't trying to go against your impression of him or anything, after reading what I wrote I realized it may have come off as I was, sorry! That wasn't my intention at all >///<

I understand your impression of him completely, from what I've read quite a people feel that way!

C:

Logged Logged
FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
PRVN wrote:

Ah~

I wasn't trying to go against your impression of him or anything, after reading what I wrote I realized it may have come off as I was, sorry! That wasn't my intention at all >///<

I understand your impression of him completely, from what I've read quite a people feel that way!

C:

Oh, don't worry~ I know you weren't being rude. I was just throwing in my two cents, lol. :3

Logged Logged
Lonelylark
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru=Gackt? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
I'm glad to see so many people have made the same Gackt=Sesshoumaru correlation as I have! I really like Gackt, and though I know he's been around for a while, I've only recently gotten into him. Though I totally understand what you mean by the vanity, I actually find it a part of his attempts at silent humor (I like to imagine Sesshoumaru would take amusement in similar types of humor sometimes...). As for his voice, well...My pants almost immediately drop most times. If not, at least a button pops. But then again, I'm a sucker for voices so....yeah...

Logged Logged

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
For those that might checking out this thread and wondering "What's a 'gackt'," I thought I'd post this- his live performance of 'Lust for Blood'.

Hopefully it will help people understand why we're all so fangirl-squiggy over him. XD

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru=Gackt? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 15
I have officially hopped onto the Gackt bandwagon ^-^

Edit: I have been having problems spelling just realized I had typed Gackt as Gacket...lol...yup time to turn off the laptop lol

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/12/21 09:37 By Miss Anna.

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
YAY! *bestows upon Anna huggles of the fandom XD*

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Freya Ishtar wrote:
For those that might checking out this thread and wondering "What's a 'gackt'," I thought I'd post this- his live performance of 'Lust for Blood'.

Hopefully it will help people understand why we're all so fangirl-squiggy over him. XD

Ah~ I love that song, the performance in the video was rather epic too. I think I definitely need to see him live!

There was song/performance of his that I wanted to share, but when I went to go look for the video again it had been deleted

So I'll share this cute video of him with his new puppies instead(laughs)

@Miss Anna S- Welcome to the fandom

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
holy gods! that was just the cutest thing ever!! makes phrases like "buckets of adorable!" come to mind O_O

Logged Logged
Morgan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru=Gackt? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Miss Anna S wrote:
I have officially hopped onto the Gacket bandwagon ^-^

Ummm yeah...I gotta second that!

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru=Gackt? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 15
Yay
-huggles everyone-

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Yay! PRVN- we're recruiting to the fandom! XD

Gackt is just one of those people who the mere mention of can bring a smile to my face. There are 3- Gackt, Tak Sakaguchi and Jared Leto . . . <_< not necessarily in that order, think it depends on my mood on the day/moment in question.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Freya Ishtar wrote:
Yay! PRVN- we're recruiting to the fandom! XD

Gackt is just one of those people who the mere mention of can bring a smile to my face. There are 3- Gackt, Tak Sakaguchi and Jared Leto . . . <_< not necessarily in that order, think it depends on my mood on the day/moment in question.

Woo! Gackt could always use more dears

Same here~ There are just certain people that leave a great memory, to where the just mention of their name makes one think of all the things they have done that can bring a smile(or a song that reminds of happy feelings!) I'm with you on the Gackt and Jared Leto! I adore Jared, he like Gackt, is a very talented artist and his antics of course are just as appealing as his artistic skills!

Logged Logged
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.