Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Tracking YIMs
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Tracking YIMs
AmberEyes
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Tracking YIMs 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
sorry if this is in the wrong spot!

anyways, i was browsing MA and i noticed that a story said no YIMs allowed. is there something that blocks YIMs from MA material or something? this might be a dumb question,sorry...i was just curious as to what keeps them from viewing it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/13 23:28 By wiccanmethuselah.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:(wasn't exactly sure where to put this) 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 15
There is nothing that blocks them save for the awesome admin powers of our dear Wiccan who tirelessly keeps track of the YIM's on the site. -praises Wiccan-

But okay lol sorry I am on a coffee high right now...

It's really trust and hope that keeps YIM's from reading M or MA material...trust that they understand that they shouldn't read it, and actually follow through with site rules and the desires of the authors of the material. And hope that if they clicked on it they click back and regret what they did, or didn't mean to do.

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
AmberEyes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:(wasn't exactly sure where to put this) 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
well i looked at author tools (or something like that) and she said that the site doesn't ask for age (lol yes, i know this) so how does she know who the YIMs are? idk it just seems to me that asking for birthdays when people sign up would make more sense. that would probably be a complete hindrance though & it would probably be a lot more work for the admins

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:(wasn't exactly sure where to put this) 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 23
This thread, may cover some questions you have on how the admin(s) find out who is a minor reading adult material. www.dokuga.com/forum/10-off-topic-discussion/52167-minors-take-notice#52227

I'm to lazy to read through all posts on it, but I'm sure it has it on there somewhere.

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:(wasn't exactly sure where to put this) 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 15
Backtracking IP address and such.
Honestly it is easy sometimes to find out who YIM's are even if not mentioned in their profiles, though Wiccan never hints to her awesome tracking powers as not to give them away. So I can only guess...

As for asking for birthdays...people can always lie about that, it is easy to tell how well that doesn't work for sites like FB and Myspace...far to many times have I seen someone under 18 claiming to be 18 or older. -shrugs- Don't know if it would or would not be a hinderance though...lol...
If I was an help to your question then I am glad.

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:(wasn't exactly sure where to put this) 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 29
personally it doesnt really matter HOW its done, and it SHOULD be kept relatively in the dark so that the admins can continue to do what they do without interruption. If you are under 18, don't read M and MA. Period. You WILL eventually get caught.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re: Tracking YIMs 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
I'm not about to tell all about how I track minors on the site. There are various tools that I use to determine whether or not someone is a minor. There are other tools that I use that access information in our database.

Just know this: We DO track usage on our site. I'm not about to divulge what sorts of files we use to do that tracking either. If you are a minor on this site reading and/or writing adult material, chances are high that you will eventually be caught, even with over 6,000 members.

And, no, none of the other Admins are going to divulge that information either... sorry!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/13 23:44 By wiccanmethuselah.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.