Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Teachers
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Teachers
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Teachers 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 31
First off, I want to apologize if this is odd. I'm doing a report for college on the career choice of education. Well, to be precise, how teachers are able to schedule the vast amount of information needed in the classroom into such a limited amount of time. All the interviews I try to get seem to fall through, and I must have a primary source. So, my last choice is a survey. I hope that all you teachers or to be teachers can help me out. In the end, I may post the results, so that it may be able to help future teachers that are unsure in this area of the field.

Thank you so much,
Smittee

www.surveymonkey.com/s/85S8T8Z

P.S. This survey is anonymous for the person taking it. It does not ask for your name or state. It does ask if you are a teacher in the U.S., but it does not boot you or anything if you are not. ^.^

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Teachers 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 31
I have some results in! And thanks to all that have done this survey or looked at it. I really appreciate it. I actually learned more than I thought I would. ^.^ The results, so far, have shown how there are differences when it comes to scheduling classes etc. While some schools follow a state standard, others have to follow a school standard as well. Some teachers can even get in trouble for the class not being on task of what the class is about, within certain schools. While there are some example rubrics for the standards that can be followed, there aren't always.

The way teachers get the word out on telling the students what's to be learned in class differentiates greatly as well. So far, there have been no one who uses syllabuses. O.O I remember having to bring one of those home all the time, when I was in high school. It makes me wonder if it is still done or not. Daily agendas, Calendars, and other methods that were specified by the survey takers, such as unit overviews of potential time lines, seem to be what is used.

All that I have written here were from the results of the survey. While I had known that the high school here still has to follow the Sunshine State Standards, I really never thought about how other high schools in the county, or even the state, could follow a different set of standards. Once again, I appreciate all the results given. If you are a teacher and still want to take the survey, you are more than welcome to. Or if you are going into the field of education, and may want to know more, or just want to know more, feel free to ask. I'm going into a lot of research on this, not just because it's a grade but it's what I want to do. ^.^ So this is all more beneficial to me than just making sure I pass this class.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.