Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom
TOPIC: :(
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
:( 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 23
I'm starting to think my puppy(Miyavi) might hate me.

I try and be positive, but I just I don't know I feel kind of depressed as of late because of this thought. I love her, and I give her all of my love.

I play with her.

I feed her.

I cuddle with her.

I give her treats and train her.

I take her out to go potty and everything.

I mean, yes I have lost a bit of my patience with her when she tries to chew on wires and when she chews on my face at night.

It's bad and I feel guilty for yelling at her, so I'm watching myself now to make sure I don't do so.

But, she bites me all the time. I have tried yelping or saying 'ow!' and then ignoring her like my book said, and she just bites me more when I sit back down.

When she sees anyone else in my family she wags her tell at them and greets them happily. When she sees me she barks and growls and pounces at me.

I want her to see me as her alpha but I don't know how to do that. I mean, she is around me all the time(aside from when I go out) but I don't know how to make her see me as alpha.

She is six weeks now, so I've had her for almost two weeks. Should I just wait and hope that she gets out of her biting stage and everything?

I don't know I just feel slightly discouraged and as mentioned that she hates me. I know I'm probably just overthinking this.

But does anyone know how to become alpha in your dogs eyes without using force or scaring them into it?

I apologize that I keep coming here to talk about dogs and such. I just don't know where else to go since this site, and the people on this site, are the ones I communicate most with and can't think of anywhere else to go. :/

sorry again

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/03 01:19 By PRVN.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re::( 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 8
I don't think your puppy 'hates' you as you say. She's still very young and right at her biting stage. Just give it time because goodness knows when mine went threw that stage I could have pulled my hair out. As for showing her your alpha, well still do what your doing. Don't back down from her when she goes into one of her fits. That's showing her that she is the alpha and not you. It may sound silly but try growling/barking back at her when she does it. Its her way of testing you in a round about way. Whatever you decide to do don't give up. It takes time no matter how frustrating it is. Good luck!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re::( 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 23
Thank you

I'll keep doing what I am, I looked up how I would be able to become alpha and came across this page: www.canismajor.com/dog/alpha1.html

I did this first two exercises and was able to do them fine without problem. She instantly quieted and relaxed in my hold and turned her head to the side.

I also think she may have been the dominate puppy of her litter, which is why she is extra stubborn sometimes >.<

Thank you again for responding.

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Not a problem! If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. My mother in law is a dog trainer plus a vet tech so any questions I have on my pets I go ask her.

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re::( 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 15
She sees you as part of her pack, not part of your pack.
You could always true what my husband did with our dogs when they were pups lol...Inu and Sess were both dominate pups of the litter so when we got them they considered us their pack not our pack, he bit them on the ear like the mommy would do to assert his dominance over them lmao. No lie I got a pic lol

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re::( 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 23
Miss Anna S wrote:
She sees you as part of her pack, not part of your pack.
You could always true what my husband did with our dogs when they were pups lol...Inu and Sess were both dominate pups of the litter so when we got them they considered us their pack not our pack, he bit them on the ear like the mommy would do to assert his dominance over them lmao. No lie I got a pic lol

Trust me, I have wanted to bite her back many times. But to be honest I have been kind of not wanting to do so because I have heard that using physical displine or what not will make the pup submit to you because of fear, not respect.

I really want her to know not to bite by the time she finishes getting all of her shots. Because then I will begin her socializing. Which will include introducing her to dogs of all sizes and ages, and people of all ages, sizes and races.

So I want her to know biting it not a good thing to do, nor will it be acceptable. I just want her to grow to be a good natured, well behaved, happy dog. She will be a big dog, so I want to get rid of all bad habits now so she doesn't suffer later. I am just starting to think that maybe I'm not good enough for her :/

BUT after I did those alpha training exercises last night I have noticed that she isn't biting me as much and when I say 'No' she leaves whatever she was going after alone and goes to play with her toys.

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re::( 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 15
Thats good I am glad the training exercises are working ^_^

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Glad the exercises are working!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.