Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Help stop PLAGIARISM!!!!!!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Help stop PLAGIARISM!!!!!!!
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Help stop PLAGIARISM!!!!!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 216
Go Dokuga! we should have ourselves and army or something. AOD - Army of Dokugians, or DM - Dokuga's Minions!

*doesn't mind being a minion if its to stop Plagiarism.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Morgan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Help stop PLAGIARISM!!!!!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Did anyone else notice that one of her favorite authors on FF.net just so happens to be lyrainthedark?

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Help stop PLAGIARISM!!!!!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
sugar0o wrote:
Go Dokuga! we should have ourselves and army or something. AOD - Army of Dokugians, or DM - Dokuga's Minions!

*doesn't mind being a minion if its to stop Plagiarism.

Actually, I believe one of the anon reviewers referred to us as a "vigilante mob." I like minions better myself, thanks!!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Morgan wrote:
Did anyone else notice that one of her favorite authors on FF.net just so happens to be lyrainthedark?

NO, srsly???

Wow, how strange is THAT?

Eh, I guess imitation really is the sincerest form of flattery in that case, but it's a form that I would rather NOT see!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Morgan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Help stop PLAGIARISM!!!!!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Morgan wrote:

NO, srsly???

Eh, I guess imitation really is the sincerest form of flattery in that case, but it's a form that I would rather NOT see!

~~Wiccan~~

Lol yeeaaaahhh not really flattering in this case, seeing as the kid's writing style was that of a 12 year old...no offense to any 12 year-old's.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Help stop PLAGIARISM!!!!!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 216
Morgan wrote:
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Morgan wrote:Did anyone else notice that one of her favorite authors on FF.net just so happens to be lyrainthedark?
NO, srsly???

~~Wiccan~~

Lol yeeaaaahhh not really flattering in this case, seeing as the kid's writing style was that of a 12 year old...no offense to any 12 year-old's.
Actually yeah I thought to notify the other 20+ authors that she was someone that stole work and that they may want to look at her fics, b/c Lira is one of her fav's thought she might have yanked someone elses as well. but then I looked at her fics. all i can say is WALLOFTEXT@_@ for all of them. I'm thinking that if they did belong to someone else that no one has read them b/c its all just one very large paragraph, or in one case, one large paragraph with a mini one falling after it.

As for vigilante mob, i kinda like that, but i think Minion's works better >:3 we could start a minion union against plagiarism! I think we do well when we have some kinda order, Mob's not so much with the order, jsut with the attack, Minion.s all good with those orders! kinda makes me wonder if it was a report of theft that got her or the overwhelming response of people giving her reviews telling her she stole the fiction. oh well. its done thats the important part!

Hey does anyone know if Lira knows its over?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/10/31 01:40 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
sugar0o wrote:

As for vigilante mob, i kinda like that, but i think Minion's works better >:3 we could start a minion union against plagiarism! I think we do well when we have some kinda order, Mob's not so much with the order, jsut with the attack, Minion.s all good with those orders! kinda makes me wonder if it was a report of theft that got her or the overwhelming response of people giving her reviews telling her she stole the fiction. oh well. its done thats the important part!

Hey does anyone know if Lira knows its over?

Sally forth my evol minions!!! Yeah, has kind of a ring to it, doesn't it?? LOL!

I sent lyra/lira a PM on ff.net and she responded thanking us for our efforts on her behalf... she's truly amazed that we accomplished something that she'd been fighting for a couple years.

Like I said, in other words, WE SOOOOOO ROCK!!!!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Help stop PLAGIARISM!!!!!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 91
Considering it takes an act of a higher power and basically ff.net being bombarded with complaints from tons of people to get them to do anything, what do people expect we do? Twiddle our thumbs and wring our hands going that is so wrong? Sorry, this is the only thing that works with that site so that is what we do.

As for it being a high school kid.... that may well be but every high school kid out there knows you don't directly copy and paste someones story and call it your own. It's called STEALING and PLAGIARISM. That is taught in school as something you don't do, even back in the stone age when i was in school. You FAIL YOUR CLASS if you do it. Period. They know better. They knew when they did the copy and paste of text what they were doing and that it was wrong. I do not feel sorry for them. Nor bad about what was done. It was apparently an ongoing issue that had no resolution to it so this was the way that it had to be done.

For future reference(I shot this to Wiccan yesterday).... when you come across something like this on ff.net go here.... community.livejournal.com/stop_plagiarism/ they have an excellent track record of getting things removed from ff.net and other places. They also keep a running record of the idiots that do these kinds of things. Screenshot everything and document as well as you can then post it up and follow what the mods say to do. Even if they can't get it removed, they will keep a record of who does what and have a good list of repeat offenders in this area. It's a great resource to use for such instances.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Help stop PLAGIARISM!!!!!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 39
Considering it takes an act of a higher power and basically ff.net being bombarded with complaints from tons of people to get them to do anything, what do people expect we do? Twiddle our thumbs and wring our hands going that is so wrong? Sorry, this is the only thing that works with that site so that is what we do.

I'm with D-sama on this one. I didn't get to read the anon-review myself, so I have no idea how the person intended for the 'vigilante mob' comment to be taken. Seriously though, if a person has a problem with how the situation was responded to it's either that they aren't a writer themselves, or they have never had their work plagiarized so they just don't get it because if they had, they would have wanted people to help them out and come to their defense, too. And it wasn't as though this girl didn't know that what she was doing was wrong. I have no sympathy for her, I can't abide someone trying to pass off another's creative efforts as their own and I can't support someone who actually feels anything good from receiving praise for work they know they did not create.

As for 'mob' and 'minions' . . . >_> I, too, did have a comment to this effect. I was explaining the situation to my hubby yesterday afternoon and I said that Wiccan made an announcement of plagiarism, pointed and it was like loosing the hounds of Hell on the person. It was meant affectionately XD.

Logged Logged
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Help stop PLAGIARISM!!!!!!! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 32
I went there...glad to know you guys got the story off!!! We should start something like the Crusade against the Plagiarism Plague.

The things some people will do for attention..don't they ever stop to think that it's stolen glory? That it's not theirs, and never can be? That if someday they do write something original, no one will ever take it seriously?

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Freya Ishtar wrote:

As for 'mob' and 'minions' . . . >_> I, too, did have a comment to this effect. I was explaining the situation to my hubby yesterday afternoon and I said that Wiccan made an announcement of plagiarism, pointed and it was like loosing the hounds of Hell on the person. It was meant affectionately XD.

LOL!! I can haz MINIONS?? HOO-RAY!

Seriously, after reading those two comments yesterday, I felt just a tad like the Wicked Witch of the West sending the Flying Monkeys after Dorothy... and then I thought about it and decided, "Nah, the kid needed a wake-up call."

Yup, I can be pretty EVOL on occasion, can't I? Still, you don't take from people who have worked, in Lira/lyra's case, YEARS to craft a good story and pass it off as your own. That is among the things that I have always felt that One Does Not Do. And I will not stand idly by and watch it when I have the "bully pulpit" and can do something about it with the help of others.

So, everyone that helped, take a well-deserved bow!!!!!!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.