Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Heart palpitations
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Heart palpitations
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Heart palpitations 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
I hate them. I really do. I don't know if anyone here has ever experienced them, but what it is, is basically when one can feel their heart beating do to irregular or forceful beatings of the heart. It's really uncomfortable. I've had them frequently for the past few years and still hate it when it happens. I have no problem with my heart, but it usually ties in when I am having a panic/anxiety attack. Which sucks because I can have one when I'm laying down trying to get to sleep. Then it get's worse cause I always think I'm having a heart attack or something(I get bad heart burn a lot too, which makes me so paranoid) It hasn't been that bad since I have started taking medication for my anxiety/depression but it still sucks when it does happen. Like it has been for the past couple of hours.

But that's my fault, since I haven't been taking my medicine regularly(I hate taking medication because after growing up with a family member that got addicted to their medicine and would get very mean when they ran out, I'm always afraid that I might get addicted to my medicine)

Ugh. Sorry, I just can't sleep and kind of wanted to complain about this.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Heart palpitations 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 15
-hugs-

I know how you feel...I have wpw and it freaks me out everytime my heart beats faster, heck one time I was taken to the hospital and it was beating at 250bpm, never care to experience that again.

You could try mediation to help you out, I did that and am still doing yoga to help me control my panic attacks...lol busting a yoga move in walmart because some lady makes me mad is always funny lol.

I hope it starts getting better for you.

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Heart palpitations 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 22
Awe, hugs hon. I don't know how you feel personally but one of my best friends had bad palpitations for years. It got to the point where his heart would go in and out of A-fib and he could never sleep he was always tired and just was miserable in general. He just recently had a pacemaker put in to help control all of it. He's getting better but still has a few bad days every now and again. The only advice I can give is relax(I know it's sounds easier than it is)and try not to let yourself get too stressed. I hope you start feeling better soon!!!!!

Logged Logged

MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Heart palpitations 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
I can certainly appreciate what you are going through. This used to be a huge problem for me too, but I've learned to control it through meditation. It was really the only option I made available to myself. I have an obsessive compulsive personality - it shows itself in benign ways, for example how I color code my closet, organize my kitchen with millions of labels... I'm pretty much Bree Vandeecamp/Hodge from Desperate Housewives - only without the alcoholism. And although I'M NOT suffering from any sort of addiction (other than salt at the moment, but I attribute that to pregnancy ) addiction to substances certainly runs in my family. Thusly, I stay CLEAR of any and all drugs whenever possible - It made going through postpartum depression very trying.

Meditation has saved my life over and over again. If meditation isn't your cup of tea, there are many more calming exercises you can look in to, to help you out. Your medications can only help you so much, and although its good you take them, you had ought to supplement with a more wholistic approach. The meds help you chemically, but there are many more aspects to you than the chemistry that makes you. You are an emotional, spiritual being and you have to help the mind and spirit too.

DO NOT stop taking your meds, unless a DR tells you to. My suggestion is meant to supplement, and will NOT replace the effects of the medications that seem to be helping. When you are having a panic attack try breathing exercises, focus exercises.... there are lots of things you can do to help you calm down when your mind gets away from you. If you are interested in learning meditation please understand that for it to be effective, you must master it. Its not something you can just plop down somewhere and accomplish first try. You have to work for it, just as all worthwhile endeavors. However, if its something you are interested, I can offer you some resources to educate yourself on the practice, to see if it is a good fit for what you need it for.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Heart palpitations 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
Thank you guys for replying and being kind. Thankfully around seven they finally went away and I was able to get to sleep.

I have honestly never given meditation a thought for helping in relaxation. As I thought one would have to have a 'quiet area' they can go to in order to do it. Sadly in my house right now, I don't really have that. But if I don't need it(a quiet area), I'd like to have any information possible on meditation and other forms of relaxation you may have, especially if they will end up helping me(emotionally, mentally)

Logged Logged
laenfante
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Heart palpitations 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11
Panic attacks are nothing to sneeze about; been there, had them. Not. Fun. And so very frightening.

Do you drink a lot of caffeinated drinks? I started having really bad palpitations about four years ago, especially when I was trying to get to sleep. Heart problems after 40 run in my famliy, so I was terrified. After several rounds of tests, one of the things my doctor had me do was cut my caffeine intake. Simple, and yet very effective for me.
And it appears to have worked; I don't have nearly as many attacks as I used to.

This might not work for you, but good luck in finding something that does!

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Heart palpitations 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
Indeed, I've had them for about eleven years now and for ten of those years it went untreated because my parents didn't think it was a big deal. So my anxiety kind of progressed into social anxiety, which was/is terrible. I would get really, really nervous just by going to the grocery store or answering the phone.

Hm, that may be it. I drink a lot of diet soda through out the day, probably more than I should. I'm trying to get healthier eating habits so I'm switching to juice little by little. But it's hard to get away from soda completely and immediately. Hopefully when I completely switch the palpitations will lessen or just disappear for the most part.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely try to cut the caffeine out of my diet as soon as I can.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.